Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 06:35 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,617,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

The rest of your post sounds like a decree from Rome in the Dark Ages , thank God we are not living in those days still , for many of us including many of the Fundy's you are trying to ally with , would be burnt at the stake after refusing to recant.
Yes, thank God it's gone from real executions to mere verbal threats of an unscriptural mythological hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 06:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yet - when they got out in the wilderness they wanted to go back, as some here have done....

Yes

20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? . A ministry of do's and don'ts and you must and you mustn't, or else..

ps

I am not kidding about the dark ages , it's only because in many ways the world justice system has become more civil than the fundamental church system we are not frying at the stake .

Old 07-05-2010, 08:35 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. (2 Tim. 2: 3-4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9DHgnKeAxo

This IS the time for all Soldiers in Christ everywhere to get up, join forces, and "SHAKE" the world for our Lord Jesus Christ! It's really time to make a difference wherever we are in this world. As the "body" of Christ, and Jesus being the Head Commander-in-Chief, it IS time for us the "body" to WAKE UP out of our slumber! Folks are hurting all over the world! People still need the Lord! Jesus our Commander-in-Chief needs us, His "body" to MOVE in obedience, amen?

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
(Ephesians 6: 11-21)

As we all should be. Friends, brothers and sisters in the faith, Satan knows that his time is short and is stepping up his efforts to deceive as many as possible. And, in the evil of his own imagination....still believes he can defeat the Almighty God! Make no mistakes, he WILL launch his plan to accomplish all that he couldn't do in heaven, amen? I can't hear you!!! You might as well say AMEN.....for we know who wins right? And, if you don't know, check it out! It's right there in the back of the BOOK!! Wouldn't you want to find yourselves on the winning side? I know I do! God bless you all. Stay strong and endure to the end.

Your fellow soldier in the army of Christ Jesus, Betsey

Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
You know, all this fighting and war stuff kind of sounds like the muslim extremists.
What ever happend to love, peace, understanding, and acceptance?
I guess I'll just stick to my peaceful heathen ways and try to show kindness to everyone... What do I know, right?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Christians fighting against Christians. Just what our Savior would want, I'm sure.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:17 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. (2 Tim. 2: 3-4)

YouTube - Onward christian soldiers

This IS the time for all Soldiers in Christ everywhere to get up, join forces, and "SHAKE" the world for our Lord Jesus Christ! It's really time to make a difference wherever we are in this world. As the "body" of Christ, and Jesus being the Head Commander-in-Chief, it IS time for us the "body" to WAKE UP out of our slumber! Folks are hurting all over the world! People still need the Lord! Jesus our Commander-in-Chief needs us, His "body" to MOVE in obedience, amen?

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. (Ephesians 6: 11-21)

As we all should be. Friends, brothers and sisters in the faith, Satan knows that his time is short and is stepping up his efforts to deceive as many as possible. And, in the evil of his own imagination....still believes he can defeat the Almighty God! Make no mistakes, he WILL launch his plan to accomplish all that he couldn't do in heaven, amen? I can't hear you!!! You might as well say AMEN.....for we know who wins right? And, if you don't know, check it out! It's right there in the back of the BOOK!! Wouldn't you want to find yourselves on the winning side? I know I do! God bless you all. Stay strong and endure to the end.

Amen Betsey!!!...Amen!!!...an awesome post girrl...it makes me proud to have next to me the likes of you, Dale, sciota, DreamingSpires, CW2L, Latte'...and anyone else out there who is standing strong with us in this battle between light and darkness...I love it!!!!!..we're only being prepared for the REAL BATTLE!! that is to come!...you understand...!!! Praise God!!!...fight on good soldiers for Christ!!!!!!!..FIGHT ON!!!

Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,685 times
The '"can I get an AMEN?" and the followup amening is just so ....quaint.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

YouTube - Onward christian soldiers

For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
(Ephesians 6: 11-21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Amen Betsey!!!...Amen!!!...an awesome post girrl...it makes me proud to have next to me the likes of you, Dale, sciota, DreamingSpires, CW2L, Latte'...and anyone else out there who is standing strong with us in this battle between light and darkness...I love it!!!!!..we're only being prepared for the REAL BATTLE!! that is to come!...you understand...!!! Praise God!!!...fight on good soldiers for Christ!!!!!!!..FIGHT ON!!!
The irony and pathos of such misguided zeal is suffocating to the souls of all who "love God and each other."

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Many of you know my stance on the tenets of the faith, and with all my Futurist - Dispensational, Amil PreMil, Post Mil Pre and Post Wrath, etc and Preterist brothers and sisters that hold to the fundamental doctrines of the faith, I pledge to fight the good fight against the heresies that abound on this forum. You all know who you are that support me, and those that do not.

I pledge to keep them occupied while you all can talk about the more edifying tenets of the faith that lift up the body of Christ. I will be your soldier here.

I don't mind a good fight for Christ.

God bless you all in His Holy name, Jesus Christ, our Prince of Peace, our Mighty God, our Everlasting Father, our Counsellor and Advocate.

Great post! Count me in too!

Old 07-05-2010, 10:13 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
I think I'm going to go hang out with the peaceful heathen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity