Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,624,708 times

Advertisements

I think all the mistreatment of dolphins throughout the centuries is the direct result of bad policy of George W. Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 11:38 PM

4,433 posts, read 4,849,032 times
I created a page on facebook with info on dolphins
Discovery Cove | Facebook

Old 07-16-2010, 12:29 PM

Thomas I White PH.D gave this talk that I think many here will find to be very interesrting and enlightening, pretty amazing stuff he has to say.
Fair warning it's 55 minutes long but well worth the time
Thomas I. White - In Defense of Dolphins | Free Lecture | Forum Network from PBS and NPR

Old 07-17-2010, 08:44 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,298,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Thomas I White PH.D gave this talk that I think many here will find to be very interesrting and enlightening, pretty amazing stuff he has to say.
Fair warning it's 55 minutes long but well worth the time
Thomas I. White - In Defense of Dolphins | Free Lecture | Forum Network from PBS and NPR
55 MINUTES

You know me.
I have the attention span of a 6 year old.

Maybe on a cold rainy day ( when there's nothing on the golf channel )

Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Well before I let this thread die out for anyone interested I just started a blog on Dolphins
Dolphins and Whales SOS

Old 07-17-2010, 08:58 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,298,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Well before I let this thread die out for anyone interested I just started a blog on Dolphins
Dolphins and Whales SOS

I've saved it in my favorites.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlVy8y3Fy_A

Old 07-24-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyspider View Post
when dolphins come up with technological advances to benefit their species...oh let's say, for example, by developing medicines or building hospitals to treat not only other dolphins, but other species as well...then perhaps we can talk about their intelligence, compassion, and ability to understand God better than humans.
Intelligence developes differently in the water.
How would you build hospitals or develope medicines in the ocean?
You couldn't do it and you have two legs, arms and hands, but you judge beings that have no legs, arms or hands.
And what would their need be for a brick and mortar buildings?
Their intelligence developed according to their needs, without destroying our planet like we are doing.
They have been around for a lot longer than we have.
We are talking about personhood and what is required to be considered a being and not merely an object or property, you know groups of people were reduced to just being slaves, just property.
Human beings demand to be treated better than other animals for a list of reasons, dolphins have the same list of reasons as we do.
There is a lot that goes into deciding what intelligence is other than building skyscrapers and better bombs.
We just can't judge the intelligence of another species based on a anthropocentric viewpoint.

This book may change your entire outlook, you will never be able to think about dolphins in the same way.
"In Defense of Dolphins, The New Moral Frontier" - A Book by Thomas I. White
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity