U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-06-2010, 04:19 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,774,914 times
Reputation: 264

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I agree with the thread title.

"No Universal Salvation" does indeed "Form Death for All Mankind"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,445,219 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
No Universal Salvation" does indeed "Form Death for All Mankind"
That's what we call eisegesis...UR is famous for that.
Imposing and adding words to the meanings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,445,219 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
ag

Second, you think little old me has the power to send people to die eternally!?!?!?
By preaching that man can be saved after he has died boilogically...yes....many won't come to the faith because of it.

Quote:
God is the one in control, not you or me.
Man has free will. God chooses....MAN responds.
This is Calvinist teaching. Limited atonement has nothing to do with the salvific gift to all mankind, but it is man's CHOICE to repsond to the Gospel that denotes limited atonment.

Quote:
God has already chosen who will be saved, nothing I can do can change that.
Yes He has, and IT IS US, that spread the Gospel, that fulfills the ones who He chooses!!!!!!! Good grief...get a grip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,445,219 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
That's not the point.
Christians should be happy to share with "the lost" as to what God is doing in their lives. It is the GOODNESS of God that leads to repentance. The seed that you sow now will not be lost later on!

If you are telling people that they are going to hell because they don't do as you say, however, only brings hate and condemnation.

At least, this is my experience, and I've seen a few.

Just my 2c.

Blessings!
brian
Brian, we dont tell people are going to hell for doing what we say...we are telling UR that telling people they will be saved after rejecting Christ in this life, only to be saved in the afterlife after some fairy tale fire cleansing, will send those they are telling this to, to Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,774,914 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
[/i]

No....those who call on Christ, God gave to Him. He died for many, not all.
You denied to me on another thread that you believe in limited atonement. I didn't believe you, but thanks for confirming that I was right.

IMO, since you believe that, and you believe God does not love everyone (you stated that on another thread), you are either confessing your allegiance to God out of fear of going to hell, or you don't love everyone yourself, and think they don't deserve to be loved by God.

If you loved your neighbor as yourself, how could you love the God you believe in and think He chooses favorites to die for, and treats everyone else like a piece of garbage? We are both Christian in name, but the God you say you worship who does not love everyone and only allowed Jesus to die for some, is NOT the true and living God/Holy Spirit. In all my many years of being a Christian, I have NEVER heard anyone say that God doesn't love everyone. This statement makes me sick.

To the people who are joining his little alliance - seriously reconsider! He thinks Jesus died for some and not others and thinks God DOES NOT love everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 04:42 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,849,188 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Brian, we dont tell people are going to hell for doing what we say...we are telling UR that telling people they will be saved after rejecting Christ in this life, only to be saved in the afterlife after some fairy tale fire cleansing, will send those they are telling this to, to Hell.

Which means that, if what you say is true, then accepting Christ and then leading people to hell has no eternal consequenses for the individual.

Which means that the scriptures teach of redemption after death and the only means by which you state this redemption does not apply to all mankind is through the assertion of a man made set of scriptural divisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,445,219 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
You denied to me on another thread that you believe in limited atonement. I didn't believe you, but thanks for confirming that I was right.
Are you people serious. What did Christ say?
That He gave His blood for many.....accept it or not!
I never said I denied LIMITED ATONEMENT...I deny what you think it is.

Quote:
IMO, since you believe that, and you believe God does not love everyone (you stated that on another thread), you are either confessing your allegiance to God out of fear of going to hell, or you don't love everyone yourself, and think they don't deserve to be loved by God.
Excuse me? You seem to think you know me rather well. I tell what the scriptures say, I back it up verbatim, without inferrence.

God loves me because He has work in me for His glory. He chose me for those reasons. God loves me because I love Him too. These are all scriptural themes.....I am bewildered as to how you all reject these TEXTUAL PROOFS. Deal with it. You can't cherry pick your faith. Take all of what He said in the scriptures, or don't. I expose you right here, in this post, that you dont accept Christ died for MANY.

MANY does not mean ALL.

Christ died for all, only some come to the faith. This is limited atonment again for the above poster that has a hard time discerning the english language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 05:26 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,445,219 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Which means that, if what you say is true, then accepting Christ and then leading people to hell has no eternal consequenses for the individual.
I never said anything about you or those who believe in UR.
That...is up to God. But He is clear about the wicked who die in their sins without Christ. VERY CLEAR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Florida
593 posts, read 652,402 times
Reputation: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You don't don't believe the Scriptures, so you are not a Christian, so you fall under the curses of the New Covenant.
Just adding...
If one doesn't believe in all of scripture, why would one only believe part?
If one doesn't believe God destroyed the earth by flood, why believe Jesus even exists?
Why not just make up your own belief and believe it?
God doesn't lie, so why read the Bible at all if one does not believe in what He says He has done and will do? This verse is true, this verse is not? Why read it at all?
Why is it all the scripture that states God destroyed or God killed is not true, but the rest is?
God gives all the reasons why He has and will do it. We are not left in the dark about such matters.

God Bless,
Mercy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,774,914 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

God loves me because He has work in me for His glory.

God loves me because I love Him too.

I expose you right here, in this post, that you dont accept Christ died for MANY. MANY does not mean ALL.
God IS love. I expose you right here, in this post, that you don't accept that God IS love, and you don't believe that we love Him because He first loved us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top