U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,446,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

You really do not believe in the unsearchable riches of Christ , every single post of yours is an attempt to contain God in to your box of doctrines .
I use scriptures...UR uses philosophy and pagan influenced ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Please show me where it is necessary to accept all of Scripture as literal to be a Christian.
I fight the wolves dressed in sheep's clothing such as yourself.
So the flock retains the original message of the ENTIRE Holy Writ.
Not bits and pieces as you and others like you purport.

Do you understand what it is to have the mind of Christ?
I will bet that you do not?

To have the mind of Christ, is to have the UNDERSTANDING of Christ, which is recorded in the Holy Writ about Him, through the Holy Prophets.

You deny this, and claim you can think like Christ, or even God for that matter!

What a waste. Take another bite.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:00 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,499,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Not all of them. The sons of Levi are the priestly order of the covenant.
They were purified, and the remnant was left.
Meaning, the others were cast into the lake of fire, and forever destroyed, as Malachi prophesied, John the Baptist, Jesus, and His disciples.
That is the message of Malachi 3.
Can you please address the rest of my post?

Old 07-05-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually if you believe the riches of God are unsearchable you do buy into a doctrine of men and use a falsehood to promote a doctrine and contradict yourself all in one swoop.

You state that the riches of God are unsearchable while claiming to know what God does, you cannot speak of something you cannot find.

If you assert that you get this knowledge from a book called the bible, you further dig your hole. If that is the case, and Gods riches are unsearchable, then you have only found in the bible what YOU want it to say.
One misconception of Jesus is that he is all flowers and good things... but no one preached as much about hell in the bible as Jesus did. The imminent judgement of mankind for it's sins is the reason that Jesus was crucified, and the reason that he tells his disciples to go preach the good news is so that all men can have salvation in Jesus.

We use the word salvation so liberally in our speech, to many it has lost it's meaning. What is salvation, saving? Saving from sin? Yes. Saving from eternal damnations, definitely!

Well doesn't Jesus want to save everyone? Yes! But wouldn't Jesus be a nice guy if he just forgave everyone when they died, instead of making them profess and confess faith in Him while alive? Wouldn't a loving God forgive those, even those who don't seek it?

Well that's where the problem is... the scripture is clear that He doesn't forgive those that don't seek his forgiveness, so they will still face His judgement and His wrath. For all men have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.

Universalism's first entrance onto the scene was in the form of the Gnostic sects, that all the apostles warned us about. Your belief system is refuted by the great writers of the New testament. The first clearly universalist writings, however, date from the Greek church fathers, most notably Clement of Alexandria, his student Origen, and Gregory of Nyssa. Of these, the teachings of Origen, who believed that even the devil might eventually be saved, were the most influential. Numerous supporters of final salvation were to be found in the postapostolic church, although it was strongly opposed by Augustine of Hippo. Origen's theology was at length declared heretical at the fifth ecumenical council in 553.

UR formed from the doctrines of MEN.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Can you please address the rest of my post?
I did...in a couple of sentences. It started off wrong...so I had to address it from the start. When you figure out the sons of levi were none other than the Priestly order of the covenant, the rest of your post is meaningless to address, since it began eisegetically wrong.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:11 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,850,921 times
Quote:
One misconception of Jesus is that he is all flowers and good things... but no one preached as much about hell in the bible as Jesus did.

Actually the greatest misconception is that Jesus was giving his warnings to non religious people.

I don't see your teachings different from the pharasees.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Actually the greatest misconception is that Jesus was giving his warnings to non religious people.
LOL...they were JEWS!!!!
People of the covenant....spare me your flawed logic.
Who ever said He wasn't?

Quote:
I don't see your teachings different from the pharasees.
Then you call Jesus a Pharisee, because He taught plenty of judgement and certain, eternal death.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:21 PM

8,429 posts, read 9,186,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Are you incapable of offering an original opinion of your own?Bible verses can be found that will support slavery,or just about anything else you wishConservative preachers quoted the Bible for decades to oppose "mixing of the races".People who cannot offer anything but out of context Bible verses in discussions do not impress me much.
OK, whatever you say. But I prefer to use the Bible to support my theology instead of relying on human opinions that seem right and make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:25 PM

In the twentieth century universalism (apokatastasis) has been associated with the neo - orthodox theology as shaped by the Swiss theologian Karl Barth.

Although he did not teach final salvation directly, certain passages of his massive Church Dogmatics stress the irresistible universal triumph of God's grace. Barth was led in this direction by the doctrine of double predestination.

In Christ, the representative of all men, adoption and reprobation merge. There are not two groups, one saved and the other damned. Mortal man may still be a sinner, but the election of Christ demands a final judgment of salvation. Other neo - orthodox writers have suggested that divine punishment is a purifying or disguised and secret form of God's love, which results ultimately in restoration...which is found no where n the Holy Writ.

Another doctrine of Man.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,850,921 times
Quote:
LOL...they were JEWS!!!!
People of the covenant....spare me your flawed logic.
Who ever said He wasn't?

Then you call Jesus a Pharisee, because He taught plenty of judgement and certain, eternal death.

No, you foolishly think you can be compared to Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or