U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:09 PM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,111,453 times
Reputation: 2274

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You can believe your a leprechaun if you like.

I tell people what I believe to be the truth because it has made a great difference in my life. There is no shame in that and you saying there is is meaningless.

I still see no difference between you and a pharasee, what exactly is the difference, can you point this out?
The Pharisee never had a New Testament bible ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 2,558,313 times
Reputation: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Opinions are erred...the Holy Writ is not.
You claim to not believe all the Holy Writ, therefore, you are not Christian. You must accept the scriptures, as God breathed, or else, you are doomed to heresy.
Show me in the Scripture where it says this.You've been asked twice now.Are you not capable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,435,203 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No, you foolishly think you can be compared to Jesus.
[Thou] fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other [grain]:

Profess in Christ so that you, can bare fruit.
No UR in 1 Cor 15 either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:16 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,839,263 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
We do not worship God for what He can do for us, but for Who He is in Himself.

And you do not really believe this, because your forced to assert that God being who he is and doing what he does will not include you as an instrument of his wrath to the end of eternal doom.

The fact remains that if your exegesis was as sound as you claim, you would be forced to conclude that based on your doctrinal ideologies that you could be one of the damned and God being who he is and doing what he does is not in any way obligated to honor what you do for him now.

If upon realizing this possibility, if your assertions are true and undeniably correct, you will worship God and praise him from the very pit of the Hell you may end up in and that thought would bring you joy and peace.

However, you will deny the tenants of your own teachings by making the false assertion that because you talk about God, the bible, Jesus and study it and make "Claims", that, by default, makes you one of the chosen.


A greater deception within yourself you will not find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 PM
 
Location: New England
32,225 posts, read 21,111,453 times
Reputation: 2274
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Show me in the Scripture where it says this.You've been asked twice now.Are you not capable?
Like i said to you before lifertexan let us be grateful that we are no longer in the dark ages , because you are being put down by the same spirit that burnt heretics at the stake .

Just nail this to his door

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:18 PM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,839,263 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
[Thou] fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other [grain]:

Profess in Christ so that you, can bare fruit.
No UR in 1 Cor 15 either.

Except your assertion is false. I do profess Christ and have bore fruit proving that you have nothing but empty claims to show.

Christ is why, as imperfect as I am, that I have traveled as far as I have.

Again, you have not shown what about you is different from the pharasees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:24 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,616,839 times
Reputation: 688
You seem to still misunderstand and/or misrepresent UR beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I compare this:

UR claims God is all loving and will let no one perish.
Yes.

Quote:
UR claims God cannot kill, as He is incapable of it.
No. UR (at least most URs I know) do not claim God cannot kill. The scripture is quite clear that God caused the deaths of many.

Quote:
God has killed, destroyed and wiped out the human race except for Noah and his family.
Yes.

Quote:
God's character is more than just love, but is a righteous judge on those who are wicked and deny His Son. He destroyed wicked before, He does again.
Yes. God is a love and righteous and just. These are all in 100% complete harmony. That is why God destroys the wicked by converting them to be righteous. These attributes are not mutually exclusive is you seem to imply.

Quote:
UR picks and chooses what to believe about God.
No. You misrepresent and build a straw man to tear down. UR believes all of the scripture when properly translated, and understands that certain bible translations are misleading on a few key English words like: "hell", "everlasting", "eternal"

Did you read bible-truths.com yet?

For the lurkers out there who want to understand biblical UR, read this (its just the first part in a long series - I recommend reading the whole thing):

L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1

This site also has a lot of good information:

tentmaker.org
tentmaker.org - Scholar's Corner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
 
1,711 posts, read 1,608,878 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Underlined for you the subject of redemption....Israel.

Therefore will I divide him [a portion] with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Not all.
I didn't say anything about "all". Point was that God likened the waters of Noah covering the earth to His wrath against Israel which was for "a moment" so it is incorrect to use the waters of Noah to prove anything about the non salvation of whom they cover. Similarly it is would be incorrect to use Moses not entering the promised land to prove that he is destined for an everlasting hell.

Quote:
You are correct in your assertion. As such will be the destiny for those outside the city gates, and for those who DO NOT walk by His light.
I agree with your statement as it sits. But the gates remain open night and day... that whosoever believeth on him... though he were dead... yet shall he live.

Also, I think you left out the most important kind of death from your list.
  • Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
  • Matthew 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
  • John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
  • Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,435,203 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
YThat is why God destroys the wicked by converting them to be righteous.
Scripture? I keep asking for scriptures that support this view, but I have not seen one yet.

Quote:
UR believes all of the scripture when properly translated, and understands that certain bible translations are misleading on a few key English words like: "hell", "everlasting", "eternal"
Wrong...eternal is eternal and hell is hell. UR is built from the doctrines of fallacious understanding of Pagan influence in to the scriptures...otherwise known as the Gnostics.

Quote:
Did you read bible-truths.com yet?

For the lurkers out there who want to understand biblical UR, read this (its just the first part in a long series - I recommend reading the whole thing):

L. Ray Smith - The Lake of Fire - Part 1

This site also has a lot of good information:

tentmaker.org
tentmaker.org - Scholar's Corner
I am very familiar with L Ray Smith...another misguided individual.
He is flat out wrong and has been exegetically usurped on all levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Sierra Nevada Land, CA
8,399 posts, read 9,145,702 times
Reputation: 13036
It must be confusing being you.


First you demand this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Are you incapable of offering an original opinion of your own?Bible verses can be found that will support slavery,or just about anything else you wishConservative preachers quoted the Bible for decades to oppose "mixing of the races".People who cannot offer anything but out of context Bible verses in discussions do not impress me much.
Then you demand this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Show me in the Scripture where it says this.You've been asked twice now.Are you not capable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top