U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 05:00 PM

8,418 posts, read 9,168,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Christianity is NOT the cause of evil. But men who claimed to operate under the banner of Christianity CERTAINLY HAVE perpetrated some of the most evil, vile and heinous atrocities against their fellow human. I don't know how they could, but it is part of recorded history.
They were evil people who used the banner of Christianity for their own ends. Take Hitler for example. Did he bear the fruits of the Spirit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,561,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Lies that lead people to Hell. That's is one of the biggest ones I can think of.

How so?Is this the best you can do?Please explain the lie.Is it that ET'ers have committed evil acts,or that there have been no UR evildoers?Please explain instead of making an unsupported statement that it is a lie.Explain the lie.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
They were evil people who used the banner of Christianity for their own ends. Take Hitler for example. Did he bear the fruits of the Spirit?
Quite possibly all true.The question here though is not whether they are really Christian.The question is why do they gravitate to the ET doctrine,and why are there not UR evildoers?Why does the violence come from proponents of ET and not UR?

Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,579,873 times
Default Testing of the Spirit:

Quote:
Depends on what spirit one believes moved him...

Peace!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:18 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,411,021 times
Quote:
Hitler was not a Christian universalist. As a matter of fact Hitler was supported by both the catholic church and Lutheranism in Germany, who believe and taught the doctrine of ET.

In mein Kampf, Hitler wrote ...

"I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews. I am doing the Lord's work."

and ... In 1941, according to the diary of Nazi General Gerhart Engel, Hitler stated "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."

See The Religion of Hitler
And Adolf Hitler's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God knows what Hitler really believed, but it certainly was not Christian universalism ...

http://www.heavingdeadcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/hitlerbishop-233x300.gif (broken link)

Old 07-05-2010, 05:22 PM

40,187 posts, read 26,806,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Lies that lead people to Hell. That's is one of the biggest ones I can think of.
This is repeatedly said . . . but no rationale or explanation is provided for why this is so. Care to enlighten us, sciota?

Old 07-05-2010, 05:39 PM

8,418 posts, read 9,168,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Where are all the evil Christian Universalist dictators?
For that matter where the Presbyterian dictators?

Baptist dictators?

JW dictators?

Logic is your friend.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Baptist dictators?

JW dictators?

Logic is your friend.
You draw lines too tight.The issue is ET and UR.Who has been a part of atrocities in the name of religion?Care to point out now the UR ones?

Old 07-05-2010, 05:45 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,579,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Hitler was not a Christian universalist. As a matter of fact Hitler was supported by both the catholic church and Lutheranism in Germany, who believe and taught the doctrine of ET.

In mein Kampf, Hitler wrote ...

"I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews. I am doing the Lord's work."

and ... In 1941, according to the diary of Nazi General Gerhart Engel, Hitler stated "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."

See The Religion of Hitler
And Adolf Hitler's religious views - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

God knows what Hitler really believed, but it certainly was not Christian universalism ...

Chilier than the north pole...Lest we forget!!!

Old 07-05-2010, 06:02 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,411,021 times
Quote:

Baptist dictators?

JW dictators?

Logic is your friend.
Christian Universalism is not a denomination. There are Christian Universalists in every denomination.

The point is every Christian who has ever committed crimes against humanity where believers in the doctrine of ET.

Unless someone can refer to a christian universalist who evidently committed crimes against humanity while claiming to believe in Universal reconciliation.

Anyone?

People here talk about how evil Christian universalists are, or how evil the doctrine is, how its worse to believe in UR than to be an athiest, etc ...

Well please provide examples of the crimes of people who believe in universal reconciliation.

The fact is the fruits of the doctrines of ET and UR are readily and easily discerned by one who has any spiritual discernment.

The greatest complaint leveled at Christian Universalists of the early church was when Augustine said that Christian universalists erred on the side of too great compassion.

Where were the christian universalists who were burning or killing or torturing ET'ers? Where were the Christian Universalists who burned pagans or unbelievers? Where are the Christian Universalist inquisitors?

There were and are none ... And there is a very good reason for that ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity