Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
He also gives His Spirit to those who obey Him.
Where does it stipulate that?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 07:32 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
How do you know? Can you provide scriptures to support your understanding of being in this elect group?
I have no clue.

But if I am,.....

Then all of you are too.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
If one believes that he or she is descended from the 12 tribes as per Revelation 7:4-8...then maybe, just maybe...he or she is...
Quote:
That's horrible racism. Some may not recognize it as such, but that doesn't change it. God was never a racist! God proves who His chosen are by giving them the Holy Spirit. Cartoon Christianity is all over the media. If you care about the truth you'll learn to mostly look elsewhere.

You're just another human being. There's nothing special in that before God. The qualification for God's saving work has been accomplished by what He did in Jesus, not you. Because of that, and your faith, God will take up changing you by giving you His Spirit. He also gives His Spirit to those who obey Him.
This is what my OP was referring to, not out of horrible racism: (Besides, you did not include the thinking emoticon which I attached to it)

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which are sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Judah were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.....

You can go to the passage and read the rest for yourself... Take your issue to the author of Revelation...not lash at me!

Peace!

Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And were off...Predestination takes the lead and then...wait...UR just popped up beside him....where did that come from????...
Though some think it's false doctrine it wasn't put in the Bible by UR people. You'll have to take it up with God.
"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." (Romans 5:18)

Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,256 times
Quote:
Where does it stipulate that?...
DipSinsationalists are usually antinomian. King James has "obey" in vs.33.

Acts 5:27-33 (Concordant Literal Translation)....
27 Now, leading them, they stand them in the Sanhedrin. And the chief priest inquires of them,
28 saying, "Do we not charge you with a charge not to be teaching in this Name? And lo! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and are intending to bring on us the blood of this man."
29 Yet answering, Peter and the apostles say, "One must yield to God rather than to men.
30 Now the God of our fathers rouses Jesus, on Whom you lay hands, hanging Him on a pole.
31 This Inaugurator and Saviour, God exalts to His right hand, to give repentance to Israel and the pardon of sins.
32 We are witnesses to these declarations, as well as the holy spirit which God gives to those yielding to Him."
33 Now those who hear were harrowed, and they intended to assassinate them.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
This is what my OP was referring to, not out of horrible racism: (Besides, you did not include the thinking emoticon which I attached to it)

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which are sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Judah were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.....

You can go to the passage and read the rest for yourself... Take your issue to the author of Revelation...not lash at me!

Peace!
The 144,000 have a purpose in revelations...they are for wittnessing to the jews...

Old 07-08-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Though some think it's false doctrine it wasn't put in the Bible by UR people. You'll have to take it up with God.
"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." (Romans 5:18)
you are taking that out of context...notice Paul uses the word 'many' most of the time...

Old 07-08-2010, 03:48 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:

Peace!
Quote:
The 144,000 have a purpose in revelations...they are for wittnessing to the jews...
Ohh...really?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Default The "Elect!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Can you provide scriptures to support your understanding of being in this elect group?
Sometimes June can't help but wonder why we humans make things so much more complex and complicated than need be. This is the second thread June's read this morning where she found herself thinking "Well, the answer can't be that difficult!" So June decided to once again ponder the simplicity in the words of the One who you all quote and reference. June's weighing in with the following, as it seemed to provide the best of all possible answers to her limited, little heathen mind:

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)

~What, June asks, could be simpler, and just how "elect" are little children?

Take gentle "what does June know?" care.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Ohh...really?
yea...really...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity