U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Somewhere
6,370 posts, read 5,825,247 times
Reputation: 581

Advertisements

I see it time and time again - Universalist kicked in the shin and then the universalist rewards the kick with more nuggets of Gold. Why? - please universalists. Do NOT reward the works of iniquity with GOLD. Does the scriptures say we provide the heart? If not, then why act is if we do? - Do we not just feed those that have received the new heart?

This is a call to let the darkness remain darkened until God gives a new heart. I'm not please with so often how universalist throw gifts of Gold out to be treated as dung. Please refrain from such a sin and consider the heart for which you contend.

In our Lord's Name,

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2010, 04:35 AM
 
Location: Frisco, TX
7,559 posts, read 11,910,592 times
Reputation: 4519
The tree of myrrh is filled with tears
That only come forth when bruised
But the fragrant life that wounding brings
Is born on the wings of Good News.

I want to be so filled with Him, that a poke or a prod will produce oil for the healing of the nations. I do not, nor ever desire to, see the assault and abuse of the child of God as wasted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,845,667 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I see it time and time again - Universalist kicked in the shin and then the universalist rewards the kick with more nuggets of Gold. Why? - please universalists. Do NOT reward the works of iniquity with GOLD. Does the scriptures say we provide the heart? If not, then why act is if we do? - Do we not just feed those that have received the new heart?

This is a call to let the darkness remain darkened until God gives a new heart. I'm not please with so often how universalist throw gifts of Gold out to be treated as dung. Please refrain from such a sin and consider the heart for which you contend.

In our Lord's Name,

Paul

I'm not sure what you mean here, in a forum like this, there are many who read and do not respond, the nuggets are not for the whiners and criers that post in objection, they are for any who may receive them and never say a word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,193,223 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I'm not sure what you mean here, in a forum like this, there are many who read and do not respond, the nuggets are not for the whiners and criers that post in objection, they are for any who may receive them and never say a word.
"Whiners and the criers" need to be exposed to nuggets of gold as much as anyone, don't they?


Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep
Do NOT reward the works of iniquity with GOLD.
Is Christianity concerned with making sure "works of iniquity" don't receive reward? I thought it was about lavishing gold/grace on all who "work iniquity", not picking and choosing who deserves grace and who doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:10 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,845,667 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
"Whiners and the criers" need to be exposed to nuggets of gold as much as anyone, don't they?
I agree, and I used a poor choice of words, my main point is based on the op which seems to focus upon the vocal objectors in the forums being the sole basis in which we may post a note.

If the OP is correct, based on those who actually reply, I do not feel that is a good representation to not continue since many read that never post.

Quote:

Is Christianity concerned with making sure "works of iniquity" don't receive reward? I thought it was about lavishing gold/grace on all who "work iniquity", not picking and choosing who deserves grace and who doesn't

I agree here to even though you were not speaking to me. I personally do not feel that any of my postings are a waste of time based on the OP's premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,580,459 times
Reputation: 5149
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The tree of myrrh is filled with tears
That only come forth when bruised
But the fragrant life that wounding brings
Is born on the wings of Good News.

I want to be so filled with Him, that a poke or a prod will produce oil for the healing of the nations. I do not, nor ever desire to, see the assault and abuse of the child of God as wasted.
Hello my friend...sooooo happy to read your post, it's full of courage and hope!

Be filled with his love...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,441,726 times
Reputation: 420
You keep getting kicked in the shin because you are telling lies.

In this life, man must confess to Christ, to inherit eternal life.
No other, not after, never. No where in the scriptures is this false doctrine.

No where.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 AM
 
Location: USA
15,906 posts, read 8,193,223 times
Reputation: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I agree, and I used a poor choice of words, my main point is based on the op which seems to focus upon the vocal objectors in the forums being the sole basis in which we may post a note.

If the OP is correct, based on those who actually reply, I do not feel that is a good representation to not continue since many read that never post.
I did understand your point. I'm sorry if it seemed I was picking on what you said ... I was more using it as a jumping off place to reply to the op. (I'm not trying to "pick on" the o.p. either, though. I'm just in disagreement with his view.)




Quote:
I agree here to even though you were not speaking to me. I personally do not feel that any of my postings are a waste of time based on the OP's premise.
I've read may of your posts and I agree that they are not a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,770,235 times
Reputation: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You keep getting kicked in the shin because you are telling lies.

In this life, man must confess to Christ, to inherit eternal life.
No other, not after, never. No where in the scriptures is this false doctrine.

No where.
Exactly.

OP, if you don't want to respond to people then don't, but you have absolutely no right to tell others to do the same. This is a forum for goodness sake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 11:20 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,845,667 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You keep getting kicked in the shin because you are telling lies.

In this life, man must confess to Christ, to inherit eternal life.
No other, not after, never. No where in the scriptures is this false doctrine.

No where.


Sure it is. many scriptures have been posted and your only argument has nothing to do with refuting the meaning implied by the people that are posting them.

Your refutations rely on the assertion that a man made set of principals and formulas for interpretation are correct.


Philippians proves that after death on earth people will "bow" and not only bow they will "confess" and what will they confess? Why they will confess that JESUS is LORD, and in what manner is this confession?

Well, it is "TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER".

Now you can try to perform a magic trick with your exegesis, but when your exegesis will state that this is only for those who confessed in this life, it will produce a lie because there is nothing of the kind stated in the passage. If your exegesis states that sure all confess but then it is too late, it has produced a lie because nothing of the kind is stated in the passage. If your exegesis states that sure all do this and it is too the glory of God the father and He then sentences them to eternal misery despite that confession then it again has produced a lie. There is simply nothing in scripture that tells us that the character of God will do such an act.

For scripture states all who call upon the name of the lord shall be saved.

Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top