U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-06-2010, 08:46 PM
 
425 posts, read 289,528 times
Reputation: 63

Advertisements

Is there really anyone in Government that wont be going to the lake o fire ? Save besides a few angels in disguise ? I can't see God sparing Washing DC any more than Babylon. I really wonder when all is said and done how many people will be left alive here in North America . I cant imagine anything but huge amounts of judgement being poured out further upon the people like it has already started in the Gulf. This is not pretty and to consider how these people are being poisoned like they are ? What is in store for the rest of the US ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,763,969 times
Reputation: 1590
I believe that the unprecedented corruption that has been exposed is part of God's judgment. It's easy to be cynical in such perilous and unloving times. Things will probably get a lot worse. The fire is for purifying. The in-your-face greed and hubris is rather shocking, for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
 
425 posts, read 289,528 times
Reputation: 63
I just hope I don't have to start counting for Obama's inauguration as a starting point for the tribulation. It would be so much more comforting to be at the endpoint instead of not even half way. I had a strange apocalyptic dream with Arnold 7 years ago . I pray his end of office is a benchmark of sorts. The pyramid on the dollar bill opened up and he was seated on a throne inside of it as a liquid terminator with a red swastika on his left shoulder. I was filled full of dread as if I anticipated everything coming to pass over the last 7 years. I feel so detached from the world and keep my hopes set on the morning star rising in our hearts collectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2010, 08:31 PM
 
528 posts, read 685,718 times
Reputation: 250
Hey, I don't know about all that, but did anyone catch his latest speech? My friend called & told me he said, " Unless we turn back to Jesus Christ we will all be lost." I was like he said what? That's true - Jesus is the answer. I didn't catch the speech. Did anyone here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 PM
 
425 posts, read 289,528 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Hey, I don't know about all that, but did anyone catch his latest speech? My friend called & told me he said, " Unless we turn back to Jesus Christ we will all be lost." I was like he said what? That's true - Jesus is the answer. I didn't catch the speech. Did anyone here?
Who said that ? I don't care what Obama says because he is already an established liar and servant of Satan.Even Satan's minions can play the Jesus card while they lead you to hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2010, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,492,775 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I believe that the unprecedented corruption that has been exposed is part of God's judgment. It's easy to be cynical in such perilous and unloving times. Things will probably get a lot worse. The fire is for purifying. The in-your-face greed and hubris is rather shocking, for sure.

You are right, Heartsong. It is extremely easy to be cynical and unloving when the world starts to crumble around you and your fellow man.

I wonder what should set the follower of Christ apart?

Last edited by herefornow; 07-08-2010 at 12:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 AM
 
6,436 posts, read 9,963,145 times
Reputation: 8005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Is there really anyone in Government that wont be going to the lake o fire ? Save besides a few angels in disguise ? I can't see God sparing Washing DC any more than Babylon. I really wonder when all is said and done how many people will be left alive here in North America . I cant imagine anything but huge amounts of judgement being poured out further upon the people like it has already started in the Gulf. This is not pretty and to consider how these people are being poisoned like they are ? What is in store for the rest of the US ?
Well I can tell right now, it ain't anything good. The U.S. has a very dark and morbid history of violence and abuse. Some that people fail to realize. God never forgets. I think this country is going to be punished sooner or later. And that's not me being some kind of fanatical end-timer. But U.S. history is much darker than what history books reveal. There's so many secrets and agendas that have been hidden. I can't imagine God's fury at this nation. America is a great nation. That was stolen in the worst way. The blood of the natives is still on this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
 
5,807 posts, read 4,791,496 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
America is a great nation. That was stolen in the worst way. The blood of the natives is still on this country.
I agree with you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 PM
 
425 posts, read 289,528 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I agree with you there.
They were sacrificed and those who honor their heritages tend to see the relation to Jesus on the cross. People who fuel their sense of entitlement with liberation theology be it Catholic or Protestant are thorns in the side of the body. I read the NT and then go online and hit the news. It wakes me up. Then I go to the Torah and build on what I have already laid down within my walk. Today I am reading Numbers 4-7 The Word and my handy work are all that keep me going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2010, 03:58 PM
 
Location: missouri
1,179 posts, read 1,211,808 times
Reputation: 151
The idea that this country is or was christian is nonsense. The judgement is poured out continually on us as judgement is poured out on all ungodliness, probably the worst form is not knowing that it is judgement. Be that as it may, in one of the parables, the people who get in to the kingdom are surprised, and the ones who thought they were sure to get in were unknown to the god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top