Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 04:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,566,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

At least Phazelwood is consistent...he is just words, and no exegesis.
"EXEGESIS"

Sounds like a dish that can be served: fried, steamed, stewed, barbecue, or raw...waiter's suggestion "best when fried"

Sorry, humor struck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,309 times
Quote:
What's meaninless is you all can't get around the themes.

OP topic:

UR says man is judged and purified by fire after He dies and inherits eternal life.
Christ was ALREADY judged for our sins.

UR has a dual payment. Simple.
Therefore...UR is false.

Next?

Dual payments are not unscriptural if what you believe is true.

1.Jesus was judged for the sins of all mankind.
2. Man is judged for his sins even though Jesus was already judged for them.

Scripture says each man will account for his life and there is no scriptural premise to say that this accountability only applies to non believers it applies to you.

So Jesus was judged for your sins and you will be judged for them also.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
There is no dual payment because there is no payment of any kind, sciota.This primitive theme of punishment and payment for tarnishing God's holiness or some other crap is false doctrine. Our species was failing to produce the kind of Spirits that could ever be united with God. We would be eternally separate from God until a HUMAN Spirit united with God in perfect resonance (IDENTITY). THAT failure is what Jesus SAVED us from by His perfect Human Spirit and it applies to our entire species. THAT is our salvation. NONE of that changes OUR requirement to produce Spirits that are at least in some harmonic resonance with Jesus' love for us all. Through our connection to Jesus we achieve connection to God. Those who do not know Jesus or are blind or rebellious or evil in their Spirit are STILL eternal but NOT fit to be in the presence of God because their states of mind are dissonant and discordant (off-key).

They will need to spend some time "refining their understanding" and reprocess the evil of their lives in light of the truth of God. I usually am reluctant to discuss what my view of this "refinement" would be like. But there are so many here who seem not to understand how it could NOT be punishment but still be negative consequences. It will NOT be pleasant to relive in their consciousnesses the evil they wrought surrounded by others of like mind . . . spiritually feeling themselves the very consequences they inflicted on each and every human being who they affected by their evil . . . one by one. Some will have much to relive spiritually . . . others less so . . . but ALL will be permanently changed and come to understand Jesus intimately and His commands to "love God and each other."

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-13-2010 at 06:29 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 06:24 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

Scripture says each man will account for his life and there is no scriptural premise to say that this accountability only applies to non believers it applies to you.

That's one way of saying it. Personally I think the term "payment" is misleading.

Effectively, Jesus died for our sins, but we are still accountable for what we do. We still reap what we sow. We are still refined by spiritual fire.

This applies to everyone: believer and unbeliever. Its simple. Some of that reaping/spiritual fire takes place now in this life, the rest takes place in the lake of fire.

But of course this has already been explained many times earlier in this thread.

Sciotamicks, when are you going to be posting your paper that destroys UR and proves annihilation and eternal torment are biblical? I'm looking forward to reading it...

Peace out.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:31 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post

Thank you for confrimeing the error of your views.

No there is no dual payment.

Christ paid for sins. Thos who accpet that payment, live eternally.
That's it.
Don't believe in Christ, you pay for your own sins....forever.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:32 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

Sciotamicks, when are you going to be posting your paper that destroys UR and proves annihilation and eternal torment are biblical? I'm looking forward to reading it...

Peace out.
Very soon....I am a chef and a father...so there isn't much time.
I am building it...it will come. You will see. But then again, since UR denies most of the scripture, I am almost positive, they will deny the scriptures again.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:45 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,125,007 times
Quote:
Very soon....I am a chef and a father...so there isn't much time.
I am building it...it will come. You will see. But then again, since UR denies most of the scripture, I am almost positive, they will deny the scriptures again.
Well I'm honestly curious on what you could say that hasn't already been said. I'm sure we will disagree on what the scriptures mean so no rush, take care of your family and your food! And maybe contemplate why God prefers to leave people burning in hell...

Peace out.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:22 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Well I'm honestly curious on what you could say that hasn't already been said. I'm sure we will disagree on what the scriptures mean so no rush, take care of your family and your food! And maybe contemplate why God prefers to leave people burning in hell...

Peace out.
You don't get it, legoman . . . sciota does NOT question God or His motives . . . it would be too traumatic for that little niggling conscience within that really can NOT accept the injustice of a single horrible permanent punishment for every "unbeliever" no matter their transgressions. God's ways are not our ways . . . etc. etc. etc.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,588 times
Quote:
What does this scripture have anything to do with what God wants from us? This is about Love, the emotion......now surely you aren't eisegetically imposing that this love being spoken of here is actually...God? And nobody said He needed it, just that is what He wants from us. ...LOL You people get all mixed up...no wonder these themes are difficult for you. You can't tell the difference between need and want.
It has a lot to do with it. So, are you saying that even though God IS love, that he allowed a definition of love into the bible that does not describe Him? Let's say you write your book and it says, "sciotamicks IS a chef." Later in the book, you describe what a chef is. Would it make sense to put a description that didn't apply to you? It's a pretty simple concept that if the bible says "God is love," and the bible tells us what love is, then that describes God.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
It's clear some have faith in the Lord , while others have faith in christianity .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity