Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's clear some have faith in the Lord , while others have faith in christianity .
No pcamps . . . they have faith in the bible . . their idol (Bibleanity).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No pcamps . . . they have faith in the bible . . their idol (Bibleanity).
Yes this is what faith in christianity is , faith in the bible , and not faith in the one whom the scriptures testify of .

Old 07-13-2010, 08:09 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
It has a lot to do with it. So, are you saying that even though God IS love, that he allowed a definition of love into the bible that does not describe Him? Let's say you write your book and it says, "sciotamicks IS a chef." Later in the book, you describe what a chef is. Would it make sense to put a description that didn't apply to you? It's a pretty simple concept that if the bible says "God is love," and the bible tells us what love is, then that describes God.
No....it describes one of His many attributes.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
You don't get it, legoman . . . sciota does NOT question God or His motives .
That is exactly right....I don't. I am obedient and have faith in what His motives are are for the better. I study the scriptures, because that is the written revelation of Him, and through the spiritual inspiration of the scriptures, I can become closer to Him, by walking the way He asked me to walk....in the scriptures.

By faith.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
There is no dual payment because there is no payment of any kind, sciota.This primitive theme of punishment and payment for tarnishing God's holiness or some other crap is false doctrine. Our species was failing to produce the kind of Spirits that could ever be united with God. We would be eternally separate from God until a HUMAN Spirit united with God in perfect resonance (IDENTITY). THAT failure is what Jesus SAVED us from by His perfect Human Spirit and it applies to our entire species. THAT is our salvation. NONE of that changes OUR requirement to produce Spirits that are at least in some harmonic resonance with Jesus' love for us all. Through our connection to Jesus we achieve connection to God. Those who do not know Jesus or are blind or rebellious or evil in their Spirit are STILL eternal but NOT fit to be in the presence of God because their states of mind are dissonant and discordant (off-key).

They will need to spend some time "refining their understanding" and reprocess the evil of their lives in light of the truth of God. I usually am reluctant to discuss what my view of this "refinement" would be like. But there are so many here who seem not to understand how it could NOT be punishment but still be negative consequences. It will NOT be pleasant to relive in their consciousnesses the evil they wrought surrounded by others of like mind . . . spiritually feeling themselves the very consequences they inflicted on each and every human being who they affected by their evil . . . one by one. Some will have much to relive spiritually . . . others less so . . . but ALL will be permanently changed and come to understand Jesus intimately and His commands to "love God and each other."
I have seen some unBilical thoughts before imposed into the faith, but you are definitley up there with them. Carry on!

Sounds like something I would hear at a New age rally.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:23 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I have seen some unBilical thoughts before imposed into the faith, but you are definitley up there with them. Carry on!

Sounds like something I would hear at a New age rally.
You are not open to understanding or knowledge . . . especially that obtained by science and academic discipline. This self-imposed ignorance elevated to a virtue is the most enigmatic "fruit" of the corrupt religious leadership in the churches. You prefer magic or blind obedience to the "precepts and doctrines of men" . . . propagated for purposes of power and control . . . out of the confusion of the "Sausage making" that characterized the early centuries of Christianity. The false prophets won and you and so many others are their victims.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:44 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
No....it describes one of His many attributes.
The bible says God is love. Do you not believe that?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
The bible says God is love. Do you not believe that?
But of course I do! But what context and who is the audience, who is the directed subject?

1 Cor 8:3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

God's love is extended to those who obey and have faith in Him.
Precisely why He sent Christ, or better yet, came here in the flesh, and paid dearly for our sins, so that that SPECIAL relaitonship...may be restored to the one who has faith in Him. Believers.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah blahblah blah - my monkey talk for you
LOL.

One day I am going to start a thread that contains these sayings of all these loving and respectful conservative Christians.Think I'll start saving them on my computer as these gems of Christian love pop up.

You guys are just such a great example of humble compassionate loving Christians.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
Quote:
But of course I do! But what context and who is the audience, who is the directed subject?

1 Cor 8:3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

God's love is extended to those who obey and have faith in Him.
Precisely why He sent Christ, or better yet, came here in the flesh, and paid dearly for our sins, so that that SPECIAL relaitonship...may be restored to the one who has faith in Him. Believers.
Amen!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity