U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 03:04 AM

32,252 posts, read 21,127,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised AND REQUIRED to obey the law of Moses." 6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, WHY DO YOU TRY AND TEST GOD BY putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11NO! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are." Acts 15

Does this need interpreting ?
Just so it doesn't get lost in the thread and ignored by the sabbath keepers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 PM

723 posts, read 884,873 times
Quote:
Just so it doesn't get lost in the thread and ignored by the sabbath keepers.

Read post #24 pcamps!!

I already quoted those very same verses!!!

The yolk of bondage is the book of the law of Moses, not the ten commandments written with the finger of God!!
The verses even say it!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
5Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, "The Gentiles must be circumcised AND REQUIRED to obey the law of Moses." 6The apostles and elders met to consider this question. 7After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10Now then, WHY DO YOU TRY AND TEST GOD BY putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11NO! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are." Acts 15

Does this need interpreting ?
If you can show me where it says in the ten commandments that we need to be circumcised, then I will agree that Peter was speaking of the ten commandments!!!

It cannot be done!!!

It is only found in the book of the law written with the hand of Moses!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
5."But there rose up certain of the sect of the pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep THE LAW OF MOSES. 6. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider this matter. 7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a YOKE UPON THE NECK OF THE DISCIPLES , which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear."

(ACTS 15:5-10)

The yoke is obviously the book of the law of Moses, not the ten commandments that were written with the very finger of God!!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

So it doesn't get lost in the thread, and ignored by the UR's!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Why not do that everyday? You only have room for the one day or something?
You do not work or something?? Earning money for your work is a selfish deed!! So if you are working on any given day then it is not a day set aside for unselfishness!!

I consult God in every move I make in everyday life!!! I love him everyday!!
But there is one day in particular that I show him my allegiance, and that I belong to Him, and I love Him and His creation!!! Perform only deeds for others!!! Not myself!!

Before you use my words to be a smart a**, yes I do deeds to help people on any day I can help, but the sabbath is a day reserved for my love of God and fellow man ONLY!!! Never a selfish deed!!!

Anyone who works daily (including the sabbath) cannot say that or they would be a liar!!!

DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 01:17 PM

6,801 posts, read 7,372,101 times
Quote:
So it doesn't get lost in the thread, and ignored by the UR's!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Why do you assume that all of us who believe that Jesus is the only path to heaven are UR's?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:24 PM

6,801 posts, read 7,372,101 times
Quote:
Read post #24 pcamps!!

I already quoted those very same verses!!!

The yolk of bondage is the book of the law of Moses, not the ten commandments written with the finger of God!!
The verses even say it!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
The law of Moses includes the 10 commandments. The Commandments (all 613) are what is spoken of by Jesus.

Thank God he died for us and now we are free from the commandments. (all 613)

Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,676,631 times
Quote:
You do not work or something?? Earning money for your work is a selfish deed!! So if you are working on any given day then it is not a day set aside for unselfishness!!
Earning money for work done in support of your household is selfish! I am entirely too selfish but my mooch friend is not selfish apparently?

Do you eat? Now THAT is selfish! So you set aside a day for YOU (and your servants) to rest and resting is not selfish?

Quote:
I consult God in every move I make in everyday life!!! I love him everyday!!
YAY DALE!
Quote:
But there is one day in particular that I show him my allegiance, and that I belong to Him, and I love Him and His creation!!! Perform only deeds for others!!! Not myself!!
So you fast? You don't pee? You don't brush your teeth or take a shower? All of those could be considered as selfish as working to fund your life....

Quote:
Before you use my words to be a smart a**, yes I do deeds to help people on any day I can help, but the sabbath is a day reserved for my love of God and fellow man ONLY!!! Never a selfish deed!!!
LM_O! I was so gonna do that too... (I am a notorious smart a** )

However.. my point still stands... Preparing meals for yourself and wiping your smart little a** is selfish according to your definition because you are benefiting "self."

So what do you do on the sabbath that can be described as not a "selfish" deed. Describe the typical sabbath for me so I can see what you mean by "never a selfish deed." After all, how do I know what you consider "unselfish"... According to you it is selfish of me to work on Saturday if I get paid so I can buy food for 6 people.... (the funny thing is that no one in my household actually works on saturday but nonetheless...if I had to, I would)

Quote:
Anyone who works daily (including the sabbath) cannot say that or they would be a liar!!!

DALE
I'm inclined to change that to... no one can say that they do a whole day of "never a selfish deed" with a straight face....

But maybe you can show me by posting your schedule. Thanks!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:30 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,676,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
The law of Moses includes the 10 commandments. The Commandments (all 613) are what is spoken of by Jesus.

Thank God he died for us and now we are free from the commandments. (all 613)
What? I thought the ten commandments were written by the FINGER of GOD so how can they be part of the law of Moses?

Does God have fingers?

Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Why do you assume that all of us who believe that Jesus is the only path to heaven are UR's?
Well hilgi,

I was actually just messing with pcamps who had just stated the same thing in an earlier post (he is a UR)

I do not know your beliefs, so I will not label you personally with any other beliefs unless you state otherwise!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or