U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 01:38 PM

723 posts, read 885,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
The law of Moses includes the 10 commandments. The Commandments (all 613) are what is spoken of by Jesus.

Thank God he died for us and now we are free from the commandments. (all 613)
"These words the Lord spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and HE ADDED NO MORE. AND HE WROTE THEM IN TWO TABLES OF STONE, and delivered them unto me."

(DEUTERONOMY 5:22)

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 01:50 PM

6,803 posts, read 7,374,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
"These words the Lord spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and HE ADDED NO MORE. AND HE WROTE THEM IN TWO TABLES OF STONE, and delivered them unto me."

(DEUTERONOMY 5:22)

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
He didn't add more at that time.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Earning money for work done in support of your household is selfish! I am entirely too selfish but my mooch friend is not selfish apparently?

Do you eat? Now THAT is selfish! So you set aside a day for YOU (and your servants) to rest and resting is not selfish?

YAY DALE!
So you fast? You don't pee? You don't brush your teeth or take a shower? All of those could be considered as selfish as working to fund your life....

LM_O! I was so gonna do that too... (I am a notorious smart a** )

However.. my point still stands... Preparing meals for yourself and wiping your smart little a** is selfish according to your definition because you are benefiting "self."

So what do you do on the sabbath that can be described as not a "selfish" deed. Describe the typical sabbath for me so I can see what you mean by "never a selfish deed." After all, how do I know what you consider "unselfish"... According to you it is selfish of me to work on Saturday if I get paid so I can buy food for 6 people.... (the funny thing is that no one in my household actually works on saturday but nonetheless...if I had to, I would)

I'm inclined to change that to... no one can say that they do a whole day of "never a selfish deed" with a straight face....

But maybe you can show me by posting your schedule. Thanks!

No matter what my schedule is you will find a way with your notoriousness smart a** to make it unselfish!!! So I will not do so.......

BTW If I wipe my a** and shower, I am also doing a good deed to my neighbor, because how would you feel if you had to smell THAT all day long LOL!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 02:10 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,573,655 times
Quote:
THE BOOK OF THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES SAYS; YES!!

"But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down."
(ACTS13:14)

"For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him."
(ACTS 13:27)

"And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.
(ACTS 13:42)

"And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God."
(ACTS 13:44)

"For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."
(ACTS 15:21)

"And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither."
(ACTS 16:13)

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,"
(ACTS 17:2)

"And he reasoned in the synagogue every sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks."
(ACTS 18:14)

So the book of the Acts of the Apostles clearly tells us that after Jesus, they still kept the sabbath, and preached throughout the world on the sabbath day!!

So why do we ignore the fourth commandment which tells us to remember His sabbath and to keep it HOLY??

Just something to ponder!!!
Then why the absence of re-stating that sabbath keeping commandments especially among the Gentiles churches? Seems the good fight is keeping the faith: not keeping the sabbath: not that there is anything against any believer keeping the sabbath unless they seek to be justified by it... then they have fallen from grace.

In regards to your OP, here is something else to ponder: The sabbath day is a good day to preach among the Jews when they have gathered together to hear the Word of God.

Do note that the scriptures did not say those that preached the gospel were keeping the sabbath as commanded: it just referenced the day when they preached the gospel in the synagogue or abroad.

It's not like they are going to have such a gathering any other day of the week to preach the gospel to the Jews. The sabbath would be a fine day to reach out to the Jews and in the synagogues too.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,678,690 times
Quote:
No matter what my schedule is you will find a way with your notoriousness smart a** to make it unselfish!!! So I will not do so.......

BTW If I wipe my a** and shower, I am also doing a good deed to my neighbor, because how would you feel if you had to smell THAT all day long LOL!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
LOL! I thought of that too.... Showering is not selfish... I will concede that one!

Gotta love your ability to see through my smarta**ness.

BTW- for those who don't know what a smart*ss is:
A person who, by means of purpsose or not, uses sarcasm to have a laugh. A person who, on a regular bases (sic), annoys the hell out of people with their sarcastic-attitude. (Urban Dictionary: smartass)

No harm meant Dale..

**katjonjj puts on straight face**

I disagree with you that you should impose your sabbath days on another as I really feel it is none of your business whether someone chooses Saturday or Sunday or whatever... Saturday was chosen by the Jews and if you are not a Jew then what does it matter what day you choose for your unselfish deeds?

**katjonjj maintains straight face**

Do you think that perhaps God is pleased with any day that a person takes to serve others?

So my really real question is: Why do you think it would be good for everyone to have the same sabbath day? Can't we stagger them between us so that someone is always serving others?

**katjonjj shrugs and hopes readers will forgive (AND smile at) her previous (and future ) smarta**ness. **

Old 07-08-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
He didn't add more at that time.

LOL Moses added the others after God relayed Him the message!!!

GOD wrote the ten commandments with his own omnipotent finger!!!!!!

Show me where the bible says he wrote down 613 commandments with his very own finger!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Then why the absence of re-stating that sabbath keeping commandments especially among the Gentiles churches? Seems the good fight is keeping the faith: not keeping the sabbath: not that there is anything against any believer keeping the sabbath unless they seek to be justified by it... then they have fallen from grace.

In regards to your OP, here is something else to ponder: The sabbath day is a good day to preach among the Jews when they have gathered together to hear the Word of God.

Do note that the scriptures did not say those that preached the gospel were keeping the sabbath as commanded: it just referenced the day when they preached the gospel in the synagogue or abroad.

It's not like they are going to have such a gathering any other day of the week to preach the gospel to the Jews. The sabbath would be a fine day to reach out to the Jews and in the synagogues too.

I think when thousands would gather in the coliseumto watch lions eat peoplewould have been a great setting!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
LOL Moses added the others after God relayed Him the message!!!

GOD wrote the ten commandments with his own omnipotent finger!!!!!!

Show me where the bible says he wrote down 613 commandments with his very own finger!!
Show me how the standard of Jesus are not higher than the works of the law, including the ten commandments.

If you cannot, then explain how one is under grace if they are still under the law.

Either you are in a relationship where by faith in the Son of God He will help us to live as His or... you are in a religion, seeking to be justified still by keeping the sabbath, and thus have fallen from grace.

Again: you can keep the sabbath: but if you seek to exalt yourself over another as if you are more justified than one that does not keep the sabbath, then you have fallen from grace, voiding faith in Him as being able to present you faultless to His glory as no flesh shall glory in His presence as in again... no one will be glorified as a sabbath keeper.

Believers today should only keep the sabbath simply because they want to: not because they have to. That shows love towards God as well as not ignoring the justification by faith in Him alone as being apart from the law.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
LOL! I thought of that too.... Showering is not selfish... I will concede that one!

Gotta love your ability to see through my smarta**ness.

BTW- for those who don't know what a smart*ss is:
A person who, by means of purpsose or not, uses sarcasm to have a laugh. A person who, on a regular bases (sic), annoys the hell out of people with their sarcastic-attitude. (Urban Dictionary: smartass)

No harm meant Dale..

**katjonjj puts on straight face**

I disagree with you that you should impose your sabbath days on another as I really feel it is none of your business whether someone chooses Saturday or Sunday or whatever... Saturday was chosen by the Jews and if you are not a Jew then what does it matter what day you choose for your unselfish deeds?

**katjonjj maintains straight face**

Do you think that perhaps God is pleased with any day that a person takes to serve others?

So my really real question is: Why do you think it would be good for everyone to have the same sabbath day? Can't we stagger them between us so that someone is always serving others?

**katjonjj shrugs and hopes readers will forgive (AND smile at) her previous (and future ) smarta**ness. **

kat,

The thing is this: I did not create the sabbath day!!
I did not make up things that are and are not to be done on the sabbath!!
I do not impose it on anyone, I only state the importance of it!!
If one does not observe the sabbath, I am not the one they need to answer to!!!

*Dale's straight face*

Why do you believe that God only gave 4 commands that show how much you love him??

And why does everyone insist that you can love God without the four, but cannot love fellow man without the following 6??

The reason I believe most people do is because their is no way to commit the other 6 against God!! So the only way we can show our love to Him is to show Him our allegience.... That we know He is the only God and that we will serve Him!!!!

Only my opinion!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I think when thousands would gather in the coliseumto watch lions eat peoplewould have been a great setting!!
Nah. Such a setting would only find the believer on a dessert menu. The Lord did say not to cast pearls before swine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or