U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 02:04 PM

14,825 posts, read 4,973,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! Those who reside in the letter (words "written in ink") completely miss the Spirit of agape love that God has "written in our hearts." They overrule the truth the Comforter guides us to and that Christ unambiguously demonstrated and taught in favor of the letter (words "written in ink").

Display the truth.

There is an entire law of spirit, it is the law of Jesus, and people say these things in general without displaying what they are talking about.

What I mean is this.

The law of Moses says,'' You shall not boil a kid in it's mother's milk.''

Display the truth of spirit in this law, and write down this law of Moses and show what the law of the spirit is concerning this law, and that is the hidden law of spirit in Jesus, but until somebody displays the laws of Jesus, how will anyone ever learn the law of spirit and truth?

It is all good and well to speak of the law of Spirit, but it is an actual document that has yet to be displayed in it's entirety, and until this happens, people will continue to speak of the law of Jesus and the spirit of the law without actually having a written document displaying the laws of Jesus.

You begin with each law, and you find out what each law is saying in spirit, and you write down the translation in order to have the law of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:36 AM

16,278 posts, read 7,657,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Display the truth.

There is an entire law of spirit, it is the law of Jesus, and people say these things in general without displaying what they are talking about.

What I mean is this.

The law of Moses says,'' You shall not boil a kid in it's mother's milk.''

Display the truth of spirit in this law, and write down this law of Moses and show what the law of the spirit is concerning this law, and that is the hidden law of spirit in Jesus, but until somebody displays the laws of Jesus, how will anyone ever learn the law of spirit and truth?

It is all good and well to speak of the law of Spirit, but it is an actual document that has yet to be displayed in it's entirety, and until this happens, people will continue to speak of the law of Jesus and the spirit of the law without actually having a written document displaying the laws of Jesus.

You begin with each law, and you find out what each law is saying in spirit, and you write down the translation in order to have the law of Christ.
No, Hannibal, the "law of Jesus" takes a different route. It is about the single overriding principle that is a vested concern for the well-being of everyone in any particular situation. It is not about lists of regulations, but about decisions. For instance your boiling a kid in it's mother's milk is about a particular kind of magic, so the decision is that attempting to control using formulae or spiritual pressure is not a good way to approach any kind of relationship. There is no need to write it down because an honest application of the principle to the particular will always yield the same result..

Old 10-30-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, Hannibal, the "law of Jesus" takes a different route. It is about the single overriding principle that is a vested concern for the well-being of everyone in any particular situation. It is not about lists of regulations, but about decisions. For instance your boiling a kid in it's mother's milk is about a particular kind of magic, so the decision is that attempting to control using formulae or spiritual pressure is not a good way to approach any kind of relationship. There is no need to write it down because an honest application of the principle to the particular will always yield the same result..
To know Jesus is to know his law.

Each law of Moses is hiding a true law of Jesus.

Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk? Do I say this merely on human authority? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.”

Is it about oxen that God is concerned? Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest.

That is just one law of Christ translated, the entire law of Christ can be displayed, but it can never be read by people who will not seek Jesus in the law.

Your translation of a kid being boiled in his mother's milk is not what the law of Jesus says, but you could not possibly read the true translation unless you begin thinking in terms of what words really mean.

Do the laws of oxen pertain to oxen?

No.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:06 AM

1,542 posts, read 1,059,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! Those who reside in the letter (words "written in ink") completely miss the Spirit of agape love that God has "written in our hearts." They overrule the truth the Comforter guides us to and that Christ unambiguously demonstrated and taught in favor of the letter (words "written in ink").
I totally agree. If we have the Holy Spirit, which Acts 5:32 says God gives as a gift to THOSE WHO OBEY HIM, then if we beg Christ for that Spirit, then we are able to obey the Spirit of the law, and we have nothing of which we can boat since it is His Spirit doing the work in and through us, and we give the glory to God and His Spirit, which is doing the will of God in us.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:04 AM

Jesus was so wrong, can I get an amen?

Why would somebody listen to anything Jesus says when he shows his total incompetence in not agreeing with the majority about the law?

Jesus mistakenly says that anyone who keeps the laws of Moses and teaches others to keep the laws of Moses will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, how was Jesus deceived?

Orthodox Jews look at Christians and their mentality of the law and they have all the proof they need to say that Jesus was not the Messiah, in fact, what is presented by Christians shows Jesus to be an anti Christ Messiah who came to turn the children of Israel away from keeping the laws of God.

Was Paul deceived as well?

Paul continued keeping the laws of Moses till the day he died.

How was Paul so deceived, I wonder if Paul and Jesus are even saved from what they believed about the law.

Is that about it?

This is what a Christian must think of Jesus and Paul?

It's what I see from Christians.

I look to the hidden laws of Christ behind each law of Moses, but if I speak of the physical law itself, I have Jesus words about that law, and what Jesus says about the laws, Christians contradict.

Christians MUST believe that Jesus was deceived.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:36 PM

1,542 posts, read 1,059,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I look to the hidden laws of Christ behind each law of Moses, but if I speak of the physical law itself, I have Jesus words about that law, and what Jesus says about the laws, Christians contradict.

Christians MUST believe that Jesus was deceived.
Another great post. I'm afraid I must agree with you that many of the protestant denominations preach that we are saved by faith alone and that we do not have to obey Christ to be His followers, but He said in John:15[14] Ye are my friends, if ye DO whatsoever I command you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or