Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:00 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Do you ever go to restaurants, Wal-Mart, gas station, grocery store, etc. on these days? If so, don't you feel you are enabling someone to sin? Do you clean your kitchen or anything during that time? Just curious.
Perhaps they cut off a hand before going out? And what about Saturday funerals and weddings -- those are common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
YES!!! Friday sundown to Saturday sundown!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
"If thou turn away thy foot because of the sabbath, from pursuing thy business on My holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, and the holy of the LORD honourable; and shalt honour it, not doing thy wonted ways, nor pursuing thy business, nor speaking thereof; Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD, and I will make thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and I will feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father; for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it." Isaiah 58:13,14

So from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown what do you do or not do that keeps the sabbath holy?

I am curious because if you post on here.... that is breaking the sabbath, if you go shopping or make dinner... you break the sabbath..

If you go to church you are breaking the sabbath because the pastor is working... so what exactly DO YOU DO to keep the sabbath holy?

(I find it suspect when anyone calls upon the OT to dictate feast days and other PRIMITIVE rituals)

Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
A very good friend of mine is an orthodox jew.

His sabbath begins at sun down on friday and ends sundown on saturday.

I'm just curious. For those who rigorously observe the sabbath on saturday, when does your sabbath begin and end?

Does your worship begin friday evening, does it end saturday evening etc...?
Yes, I keep the Sabbath holy as commanded by God.

Sunday Sabbath...man's sabbath...was commanded by the Pope...the Roman [Catholic] Church.

The Sabbath = Saturday, the seventh day of the week, it begins Friday evening, sundown, and ends Saturday evening , at sundown.

A day of the week isn't determined by when we wake up in the morning, according to the Jewish faith...a day begins at sundown on one day, and ends at sundown the next day....sundown to sundown.

Oakback, please go to the thread by sciota, titled:

The Feast of Days, Unleavened Bread, and Eternal life

I explain, in detail...and I prove, through Scripture the FACTS...the meaning of the Sabbath vs Sunday.

God Bless,
Verna.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM

723 posts, read 1,046,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Everything, he saved us from the yoke of the law.

5."But there rose up certain of the sect of the pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep THE LAW OF MOSES. 6. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider this matter. 7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a YOKE UPON THE NECK OF THE DISCIPLES , which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear."

(ACTS 15:5-10)

The yoke is obviously the book of the law of Moses, not the ten commandments that were written with the very finger of God!!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Old 07-07-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Perhaps they cut off a hand before going out? And what about Saturday funerals and weddings -- those are common.
Most sabbath keepers actually go to church but then if the Pastor derives income from the service... isn't he breaking the sabbath?

Also... what about when your home is on fire... do you try to spare the firemen from having to break the sabbath so you let your house burn down? What about a robbery on the sabbath... do you just sit there?

Old 07-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Idiocracy prevails!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
5."But there rose up certain of the sect of the pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep THE LAW OF MOSES. 6. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider this matter. 7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. 8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; 9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. 10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a YOKE UPON THE NECK OF THE DISCIPLES , which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear."

(ACTS 15:5-10)

The yoke is obviously the book of the law of Moses, not the ten commandments that were written with the very finger of God!!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE
Paul (a Jew) said, "I MYSELF AM NOT UNDER THE LAW" (1 Cor. 9:20).

"ALL WHO RELY ON OBSERVING THE LAW ARE UNDER A CURSE" (Gal. 3:10).

"CHRIST REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW" (Gal. 3:13).

"NOW THAT FAITH HAS COME, WE ARE NO LONGER UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE LAW" (Gal. 3:25).

"YOU HAVE BEEN SEVERED FROM CHRIST, YOU WHO ARE SEEKING TO BE JUSTIFIED BY LAW; YOU HAVE FALLEN FROM GRACE" (Gal. 5:4).

"IF YOU ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW" (Gal. 5:18).

"WHATEVER THE LAW SAYS, IT SPEAKS TO THOSE WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW " (Rom. 3:19).

"THOSE WHO ARE CIRCUMCISED [JEWS] DO NOT EVEN KEEP THE LAW THEMSELVES" (Gal. 6:11).

"IF RIGHTEOUSNESS COULD BE GAINED THROUGH [KEEPING] THE LAW, CHRIST DIED FOR NOTHING!" (Gal. 2:21).

"NO ONE WILL BE DECLARED RIGHTEOUS IN HIS [GOD'S] SIGHT BY OBSERVING THE LAW" (Rom. 3:20).

"SIN SHALL NOT BE YOUR MASTER, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT UNDER LAW, BUT UNDER GRACE" (Rom. 6:14).

You say that it is only the Law of Moses but the verse I posted before clearly addressed the ten commandments....

The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM

If someone does not know what the sabbath is about, they will never understand what can and cannot be done on the sabbath, so no use trying to teach ignorance!!!

DALE

Old 07-07-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Idiocracy prevails!!!
Do you attend church on the sabbath?

Old 07-07-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Do you attend church on the sabbath?
I do not attend church!!

DALE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity