U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 02:29 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,870,780 times

Advertisements

I know I have to live my life, with or without thinking this or that in the spiritual realm is true. I have at times wondered and not even cared if God was real, I have never been afraid of being who I am. Neither should anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,324,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Nevertheless, the prodigal son will find that he is still son.
Simply beautiful!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,781,279 times
How could I stop believing in something that I KNOW is real? I have a personal relationship with the Lord. Look around you. How can there NOT be a God? All of this happened by accident or chance? Does one look at Mount Rushmore and think that was created by accident? That's ridiculous, right? I think it takes more faith to not believe in God.

It's amazing that one man can have such a huge impact on human history 2000 years later...this is because Jesus wasn't lying. He is the Messiah.

Last edited by CantWait2Leave; 07-08-2010 at 02:42 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 PM

8,143 posts, read 7,145,128 times
If I woke up one day and didn`t believe then Holy Spirit would be gone and Jesus would have abandon me , The horor of that idea would be unthinkable to be lost of God and all alone in the world with no truth to guide me, the Horor that would be...... If I get thoughs ideas and that is lying demons that must be put down through the Blood of Jesus ..... Jesus said `` I will never leave you or forsake you``, and I must believe that and when Jesus Spirit leads me the confidence in that statement of faith for HIS fortitude of HIS authority......Command Jesus give you his Spirit to Lead you and Bless you, and your confidence in God will be sealed with every Witness He give you..... Glory to God......

Old 07-08-2010, 02:45 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,580,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I know I have to live my life, with or without thinking this or that in the spiritual realm is true. I have at times wondered and not even cared if God was real, I have never been afraid of being who I am. Neither should anyone else.
What are we? Sinners.

Yes, we live our lives and every once in a while, we attend funerals as a reminder of the inevitable. We can continue to ignore until we find ourselves facing a calamity where needing to know God personally is paramount to get through the trial or to even face death.

What are the chances that coming face to face with God in Heaven after He has saved us, we wonder what our lives would have been like on earth walking with Him since all believers have Jesus with them always?

So those that know Him is like having God for a friend now: not later. Now would be a very good time to know God personally through Jesus Christ by taking Him at His words in learning of Him to trust Him with everyday life since God's promises also include the present and not just the eternal afterlife.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Simply beautiful!!
Once a sinner believes in Jesus Christ, they become a member of His family. Whethor or not he continues to abide in Him is the question for any believer seeking to be received for the Marriage Supper as a vessel unto honour in His house.

Those that have never believed in Jesus had never been bought with a price nor sealed as His.

Only those believers overthrown in their faith by deceptions from the world or by false teachers in churches or poor followers that offend others into not believing or just setting aside their relationship with the Lord to live the wild life are the prodigal sons.

There is a loss that will be felt by being left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event as there will be weeping and ganshing of teeth. Even Esau is referenced as one that lost his birthright for a meal...as for the prodigal sons in giving up something temporary in light of eternal glory of being a vessel unto honour in His house and thus suffering the eternal damnation of being a vessel unto dishonour in His house whereas God will need to perform a miracle to wipe away the tears from their eyes in order to get past that loss.

So.. yes... the prodigal son will find he is still son, but no... those believers will wished they had called on Jesus for the answers and the help they seek to continue that relationship of trusting in Him instead of allowing the world to distract them from that which is of eternal value.... living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ now.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
How could I stop believing in something that I KNOW is real? I have a personal relationship with the Lord. Look around you. How can there NOT be a God? All of this happened by accident or chance? Does one look at Mount Rushmore and think that was created by accident? That's ridiculous, right? I think it takes more faith to not believe in God.

It's amazing that one man can have such a huge impact on human history 2000 years later...this is because Jesus wasn't lying. He is the Messiah.
Because of lies in science like the evolution theory or lies in christianity like catholicism or lies in pentecostalism or charismaticism about receiving another spirit even if they call that spirit the Holy Spirit, or seeking assurance of salvation by keeping their commitments to follow Christ,....when they allow the words of man in science to have more credence than the Word of God... when they allow the works of catholicism steal the joy of their salvation in Christ Jesus... when they seek another spirit to receive and nothing happens, walking away feeling rejected by God or condemned by others for not having enough faith or accused as one that truly does not believe for not trying hard enough in keeping their commitment to follow Jesus....

When anyone or the snares of this life takes their eyes off of Jesus Whom is our hope, then that is why you and I are needed to remind them of their first love and the simplicity of the Gospel and how man is fallible in everything, but the Word of God is true.

Anyone that goes astray will need His words to find the truth about anything as keeping the faith is the good fight.

So there will be many that go astray in the latter days in departing from the faith.... it is not unfathomable in this age of disinformations and misrepresentations and even outright lies... not counting the lures in this life that are snares of the devil.

Keep your eyes on Jesus and trust Him in learning of Him through His words are the only advise I can give to those in doubts.

As for those that would wake up not believing... you are still His as being bought with a price and sealed as His: a comforting thought for those that wake up with amnesia or have Alzheimers.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,799,619 times
I have doubted whether God is real, but the first time it happened to me was only a couple of years ago and it was a very uncomfortable experience. Well, it did not take me long to put the doubt back in its place because I have known since I was a toddler that "GOD IS". I had a very memorable "GOD IS" experience when I was about age 4 that I have never been able to forget. And I've had too many experiences in my life while alone with the Holy Spirit to let any creeping doubt get a foothold. But I do think your experience of doubt is common, as June said - the other side of the coin called faith. The thing that tries my faith the most though is the capacity of man to hate his fellow man - it quite shocks me at times. But light always overcomes darkness - it is never the other way around. And so I trust that the darkness is passing away. And the greatest thing in this world is love which we actually could not really experience/know without having suffered.

Bless you. And don't let doubt worry you - it will pass.

Heartsong

Old 07-08-2010, 04:07 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,870,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Once a sinner believes in Jesus Christ, they become a member of His family. Whethor or not he continues to abide in Him is the question for any believer seeking to be received for the Marriage Supper as a vessel unto honour in His house.

Those that have never believed in Jesus had never been bought with a price nor sealed as His.

Only those believers overthrown in their faith by deceptions from the world or by false teachers in churches or poor followers that offend others into not believing or just setting aside their relationship with the Lord to live the wild life are the prodigal sons.

There is a loss that will be felt by being left behind at the pre tribulational rapture event as there will be weeping and ganshing of teeth. Even Esau is referenced as one that lost his birthright for a meal...as for the prodigal sons in giving up something temporary in light of eternal glory of being a vessel unto honour in His house and thus suffering the eternal damnation of being a vessel unto dishonour in His house whereas God will need to perform a miracle to wipe away the tears from their eyes in order to get past that loss.

So.. yes... the prodigal son will find he is still son, but no... those believers will wished they had called on Jesus for the answers and the help they seek to continue that relationship of trusting in Him instead of allowing the world to distract them from that which is of eternal value.... living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ now.

Not quite sure what your saying, I was addressing your thread title, people believe all sorts of different things that help them through different things. My point is that sometimes I wake up and don't "feel" that there is a God and I do not become fearful or worried about it and no one should.

I believe there is a God whether I feel good or bad, I do not play religious genie in a bottle where I think if I am good God will bless me and if I am bad God will curse me, such is emotional nonsense.

I do not concern myself with eternal damnation because it is a bunch of hooey and those who are wrapped up on all that simply play the fear game.

Be afraid if you do not listen to them for they say God will either get you, or he will just abandon you into the abyss. It is garbage and there are plenty of things that one can build a quality life with and help others build one too and most religious beliefs do no one any good in the long haul.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Not quite sure what your saying, I was addressing your thread title, people believe all sorts of different things that help them through different things. My point is that sometimes I wake up and don't "feel" that there is a God and I do not become fearful or worried about it and no one should.

I believe there is a God whether I feel good or bad, I do not play religious genie in a bottle where I think if I am good God will bless me and if I am bad God will curse me, such is emotional nonsense.

I do not concern myself with eternal damnation because it is a bunch of hooey and those who are wrapped up on all that simply play the fear game.

Be afraid if you do not listen to them for they say God will either get you, or he will just abandon you into the abyss. It is garbage and there are plenty of things that one can build a quality life with and help others build one too and most religious beliefs do no one any good in the long haul.
Well, I understand why you do not understand what I am saying since you are responding to post #16 which was not a reply to you. It was post #15 which is the one I was quoting you in my reply to you.

Not sure how you got the quote from post #16 as my response to your post.

BTW: not my thread.

In any event, I believe that once a believer stops believing, it is difficult for him or her to suddenly not be His since any believer are bought with a price and sealed as His.

However, it is not salvation that is being lost here when one goes astray or set aside their relationship with the Lord to live the wild life: it is the first inheritance of being that vessel unto honour in God's House as being ready to be received by the Bridegroom at the Marriage Supper which is the pre tribulational rapture event.

Those that are His but left behind are done so to restore them to the path of righteousness for His name's sake.

So it is not worry that is the factor here: it is living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by trusting Jesus to be Your Good Shepherd as well as Your Saviour. We can only know Him by learning of Him through His words, and time spent learning His words so that our love may grow more and more in the knowledge of Him is how we live this life by faith in the Son of God as a christian follower & witness.

It seems that if nuclear war were to break out, how fast would all our cares and strivings in this life be found as vanity when we could have been enjoying that reconciled relationship with God all along?

Things do matter in relations to God when death comes knocking.....and sometimes, death doesn't always knock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or