U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-07-2010, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 5,719,899 times
Reputation: 844

Advertisements

Sincerely, I want to ask you to help those of us who have been burned by "end time" scam artists and who NEED real evidence (like doubting Thomas whose doubt Jesus gladly accommodated?).

I DO want to be prepared for any crisis that should arise BUT - being a critical thinker I want real evidence - not just personal unsubstantiated beliefs or info from people who are proven to be sensationalists/opportunists Moderator cut: edited

I absolutely DO think that their are real crises we need to be prepared for.
Today a dear friend (non-fundy, non-alarmist) whom I trust very much and who has never 'blown smoke' about these things mentioned that the government is holding back info about the increased solar activity and about the BP situation.

So - I'm an open book. Please show me where you are getting your practical info on the solar situation. Since I believe the bible prophecies concerning the sun and the signs to be symbolic (like virtually all other bible prophecy) that won't help me OR unbelievers. You must post unbiased scientific info to help us end time skeptics/doubters.

Understand?

(PS - I'm using your catch phrase "understand?" not to mock but because I like it, as I like you and as I know you have ALWAYS acted as you feel is in the best interests of all of us).

Sincerely,
Firstborn AKA Byron AKA your brother in Christ

Last edited by june 7th; 07-08-2010 at 02:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,490,639 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Sincerely, I want to ask you to help those of us who have been burned by "end time" scam artists and who NEED real evidence (like doubting Thomas whose doubt Jesus gladly accommodated?).

I DO want to be prepared for any crisis that should arise BUT - being a critical thinker I want real evidence - not just personal unsubstantiated beliefs or info from people who are proven to be sensationalists/opportunists Moderator cut: Orphaned

I absolutely DO think that their are real crises we need to be prepared for.
Today a dear friend (non-fundy, non-alarmist) whom I trust very much and who has never 'blown smoke' about these things mentioned that the government is holding back info about the increased solar activity and about the BP situation.

So - I'm an open book. Please show me where you are getting your practical info on the solar situation. Since I believe the bible prophecies concerning the sun and the signs to be symbolic (like virtually all other bible prophecy) that won't help me OR unbelievers. You must post unbiased scientific info to help us end time skeptics/doubters.

Understand?

(PS - I'm using your catch phrase "understand?" not to mock but
because I like it, as I like you and as I know you have ALWAYS acted as you feel is in the best interests of all of us).

Sincerely,

Firstborn AKA Byron AKA your brother in Christ
Sorry, firstborn, I'm not Betsey, obviously, but I wanted to let you know that Verna has been posting some good videos on one of the other threads. I can't think of it right now. Somebody else can fill you in. Anyway, I find it rather strange that no sign of the oil spill is coming up in Google News as a main story anymore. I'm sure things haven't turned around in the last couple of days, so I'm interested in what's going on, also. I know Americans have a short attention span, but.....

Concerned and possibly a bit edgy as of late,

Herefornow.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-08-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,582,763 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Sincerely, I want to ask you to help those of us who have been burned by "end time" scam artists and who NEED real evidence (like doubting Thomas whose doubt Jesus gladly accommodated?).

I DO want to be prepared for any crisis that should arise BUT - being a critical thinker I want real evidence - not just personal unsubstantiated beliefs or info from people who are proven to be sensationalists/opportunists (I think we all know who I'm talking about).

I absolutely DO think that their are real crises we need to be prepared for.
Today a dear friend (non-fundy, non-alarmist) whom I trust very much and who has never 'blown smoke' about these things mentioned that the government is holding back info about the increased solar activity and about the BP situation.

So - I'm an open book. Please show me where you are getting your practical info on the solar situation. Since I believe the bible prophecies concerning the sun and the signs to be symbolic (like virtually all other bible prophecy) that won't help me OR unbelievers. You must post unbiased scientific info to help us end time skeptics/doubters.

Understand?

(PS - I'm using your catch phrase "understand?" not to mock but because I like it, as I like you and as I know you have ALWAYS acted as you feel is in the best interests of all of us).

Sincerely,
Firstborn AKA Byron AKA your brother in Christ

Let's address your real concern's..... first off, I'm no JESUS, so of course I CANNOT, how you put it......"Thomas, whose doubt Jesus gladly accommodated?" Are you comparing yourself to Thomas? Why Thomas? Do you really know anything about Thomas? If not, read here, start here: Learning Faith from Doubting Thomas

So you want real advice huh? Let me ask you another question? Do you believe the Bible and EVERYTHING it has in there, from beginning to end? Yes...no? Work on these.....then maybe we can talk "genuinely", okay? For that's where I get my "real practical" information from! Maybe it's your faith you have to work on?....I don't know, you tell me. Besides, if you don't believe the Bible......who am I that you'll believe a word that comes out of MY mouth?

It's all boils down to believing, doesn't it? Believing God, His Words.....ALL OF IT!! You understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,028,429 times
Reputation: 627
You can see all the signs on the news and in newspapers.

But I must warn you, the Lord can come at any moment but the world is not quite bad enough. Imagine the worst place on earth, Sudan, Etheopia, the Congo, imagine this being the whole world and then Christ will come. Personal belief but we should always be prepared no matter what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,838,255 times
Reputation: 644
See all the signs huh? Well, that does not address the point.

30 years ago people said the exact same things, signs and wonders, etc etc based on current events, not one of them that was implying "end times" had a lick of correctness too them

Some try to say, "oh well, they shouldn't predict" and that would be right, but it is not the issue.

The issue is that what is the difference between someone saying You can watch the news and see the signs 30 years ago and someone saying the same thing 30 years later.


What makes the "current" people saying this more correct and what about 30 years from now? I have a great memory, 30 years from now if your still alive and nothing has really gone on, what are you going to say?

For instance betsey

You tell us to watch the sun based on an article that said the high temperature would be 102, do you realize that 102 is nothing compared to past records?


I'd say someone during the dust bowl would have a leg up on "end times" wolf crying and I am sure there were people during that time thinking the "end is near"


Charles Massegee(sp) is a disgrace in that area, in the 70's he wrote a book predicting Jesus return in the year 2000, he was wrong, yet, he still has an end times ministry but just doesn't throw out any dates. He has no business talking about it, but, he has the right to do so and people have the right to listen to nonsense and agree with it.


What exactly is "near" 30 years, 100 years, 1000 years.


Please people address the OP or admit you haven't really got a clue, because so far not having a clue seems the FINAL ANSWER and talking about just reading the bible and believing is a cop out to that end.

No offense, but it is time to quit deflecting and offer some substance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,420,510 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Sincerely, I want to ask you to help those of us who have been burned by "end time" scam artists and who NEED real evidence (like doubting Thomas whose doubt Jesus gladly accommodated?).

I DO want to be prepared for any crisis that should arise BUT - being a critical thinker I want real evidence - not just personal unsubstantiated beliefs or info from people who are proven to be sensationalists/opportunists (I think we all know who I'm talking about).

I absolutely DO think that their are real crises we need to be prepared for.
Today a dear friend (non-fundy, non-alarmist) whom I trust very much and who has never 'blown smoke' about these things mentioned that the government is holding back info about the increased solar activity and about the BP situation.

So - I'm an open book. Please show me where you are getting your practical info on the solar situation. Since I believe the bible prophecies concerning the sun and the signs to be symbolic (like virtually all other bible prophecy) that won't help me OR unbelievers. You must post unbiased scientific info to help us end time skeptics/doubters.

Understand?

(PS - I'm using your catch phrase "understand?" not to mock but because I like it, as I like you and as I know you have ALWAYS acted as you feel is in the best interests of all of us).

Sincerely,
Firstborn AKA Byron AKA your brother in Christ
Thank you herefornow...firstborn...here is the thread...

Now that you've payed attention: Stay Awake ( Final Chapter)

....and I will continue to post only the "Prooven...Factual" truth's...there is a lot of underhanded things going on that no one is hearing about...I promise to keep you all informed....so please go view and read every video and article...Betsey and I...amongst other's, are living out this nightmare...but the thing the people do not realize...because they don't know, is this...everyone is going to be highly affected by this crisis...and my heart is passed broken......it's time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 11:47 AM
 
5,806 posts, read 4,788,205 times
Reputation: 4303
Sometimes... when reading this forum... it feels like this:

Frank: Bob..I have a question for you, will you help me understand your view? what is 2+2?
Bob: Orange. No, make that yellowish-orange. Get it??!! Huh???!!
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Steve: Right on Bob! yellowish-orange! Amen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
 
Location: In God's Hand
1,315 posts, read 1,572,360 times
Reputation: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I DO want to be prepared for any crisis that should arise BUT - being a critical thinker I want real evidence - not just personal unsubstantiated beliefs or info from people who are proven to be sensationalists/opportunists (I think we all know who I'm talking about).

I absolutely DO think that their are real crises we need to be prepared for.
I am not sure of the reference to solar activities as of yet to answer your question to Betsey but... signs of the end time can be seen in the past as well as in the present as you say, but there is a growing development in the present that is not found in the past.

The mark of the beast by which one can buy and sell.

Revelation 13:15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Now I am sure you have heard about Blair talking to Obama about a one world currency as I am sure you have heard of Kissinger announcing about prepping Obama for the leadership of the New World Order: as the world keeps announcing the gloom and doom of economic collapse and the devaluing of the American dollar, is it really unfathomable in how prophesy of the end times will become true?

A biochip implant capable of storing information and be the means of which one can buy and sell. It is already being used as that means in Europe.

Coming out in ATMs is a finger scan for transactions as it will scan the vein of the finger for identity before any such transaction can be made by the owner. Such ATMs are being deployed in Latin America, Europe, and other countries but not USA..... yet. It is not the biochip, but like a lobster in a slowly boiling pot, will the world be aware of the significance?

So how close is judgment coming on the whole earth now when the means for the New World Order and the mark of the beast system is getting in place now to be utilized when that New World Order falls into place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,670,144 times
Reputation: 1699
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Sometimes... when reading this forum... it feels like this:

Frank: Bob..I have a question for you, will you help me understand your view? what is 2+2?
Bob: Orange. No, make that yellowish-orange. Get it??!! Huh???!!
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Bob:
Frank:
Steve: Right on Bob! yellowish-orange! Amen!
Yellowish-orange... LMBO (buttocks for the more sensitive readers)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,582,763 times
Reputation: 939
YES!! That's EXACTLY what I said: "PAY ATTENTION TO THE SUN"!SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids


And YES!! PAY ATTENTION TO THE EARTHQUAKES"! Latest Earthquakes M5.0+ in the World - Past 7 days


Is there a connection between the two? I don't know, I'm paying attention to what the scientists are saying, doing my own research and will keep you posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top