Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,920,843 times

Advertisements

Snippet:

THE GOD OF CHRISTENDOM
GOD, in the beginning, created a perfect Angel called the
"Anointed Cherub" whose name was Lucifer.

This perfect Angel one day fell in sin, and became a devil,
ruining much of God's universe, and is the cause of all sin and
evil, and also the cause of ruin and sin in other perfect angels,
now called demons.

Author's note: This reminds one of a man who invents a
machine or creates something for the good of himself and humanity,
and then this machine goes out of his control and ruins all,
against the original will and intention of the inventor.

Link:

http://www.saviourofall.org/Writings...ristendom.html

Last edited by june 7th; 07-12-2010 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Re-formatted to adhere to city-data's copyright rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:19 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,603,153 times
Thanks for (once again) laying out the insanity of the ET case. Now - for eyes to see.... ?

Old 07-08-2010, 11:49 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,497,941 times
That's some God ... I believe in the other one who has no competition and is full of love for ALL his creation....

Which God is that anyway... it is all so confusing!

Old 07-08-2010, 02:21 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,357,651 times
Good post.

I think if God lost control of his creation, then He's really not ALL powerful.

I know in my spirit He is perfect, ALL knowing, ALL powerful and ALL loving.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:08 PM

987 posts, read 1,115,627 times
hmmm, this is how I USED to think about these things.

God steps in just often enough and calls CERTAIN mesengers at just the right time to keep the world from going too much off course, but mostly other than natural disasters and keeping us on the right orbit, enough oxygen in the atmosphere, etc. we plan our own destiny, the powerful people are making the world go in the direction THEY want.

I USED to think that God only wants us if we come of our own free will and that's why things aren't going as He would want them to. will being done, not sure if that's because it's what I was taught.preached to me, or mostly my own assumptions based on things I heard.

But if an author creates a book/novel, his characters do NOTHING that the author doesn't plan out or orchestrate. It is NOT possible for a creator to NOT control what transpires in HIs universe. We think He can create a creation with the possibility of surprising Him and choosing what He hasn't ordained. But that is not possible. He makes EVERYTHING, he doesn't just use SOME of what's available to him, as a sculptor, artist, musician, but He created our DNA every atom, etc, Nothing surprises Him, nothing disappoints him in the sense that He didn't know we were going to choose the wrong path until after we did. He knew from the beginning the choices we would make and every experience and thought that occurs to us is because of something directing us to tht point of time. One can believe in a God who lost control over when and where a tornado or hurricane would strike, etc. I don't find much comfort in that .When I look at my children, no matter what horrible thing they did, I would feel some responsibility for their actions plus I wouldn't EVER given that I had eternity to work with them, condemn them to either perpetual pain and suffering either physical and/or mental, OR to annihilation. It would grieve me too much.

Somehow I felt He could keep the balance between HIs will being done and man's

It is scary at first to think that all the evil happens by design, but not as scary as thinking that He didn't plan for it, and so something happened to turn His plans upside down. Does He later take charge of everything then? When He has OUR permission to make all his creatures incapable of resisting His will, by changing us to NEVER wanting to resist it?

I think the real beauty is that we THINK we have free will while everything is happening exactly according to God's plan so that we will take full accountability for our actions even though God is ultimately responsible because He created us.

Last edited by ScarletWren; 07-08-2010 at 04:20 PM..

Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,183,898 times
I foolishly , ignorantly , hard heartedly , gulibly believed in the God of Christendom , and yet i have no doubt He met me in it and used it in my life .

As for now , since He opened my eyes to who He is through the sacred scriptures , i believe in Him of whom they testify .

Jesus said "I am the Way", unfortunately the church system thinks it is.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM

8,144 posts, read 6,882,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Thanks for (once again) laying out the insanity of the ET case. Now - for eyes to see.... ?

You said it!

Good stuff, Eusebius.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,467,991 times
None of the above

Old 07-09-2010, 08:15 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,106,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
None of the above

LOL!

Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,106,214 times
Great OP Eusebius. Where are the believers in the first "god" Eusebius described - the "God of Christendom"? I too used to believe in some of those things, but I had to maintain contradictions and double think in my mind in order to hold on to those mainstream ideas.

Did God invent a machine and then blame the machine for going wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity