Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:45 PM

18,191 posts, read 16,776,281 times

Advertisements

I mean, why should I let Lahayne and Jenkins corner the rapture fiction market and make all that bread for themselves?

I'm going to call my series "Left Behind the 8-Ball"

The main plot will focus on 7 diverse individuals who try to make their way to Petra, Jordan so the Antichrist can't get his hands on them before the Second Coming.

First Novel in the Series: "Tribulation Farce". The plot will introduce the seven characters, who through various quirks and questionable lifestyle choices find themselves....well, Left Behind after the rapture. They board a plane bound for Petra, Jordan in hopes of hiding out for 7 years, but the plane is hijacked to Los Angeles. Eventually they make their way to Burbank Studios where 10 Presidents of Major Networks have just given their power to Antichrist for one hour in exchange for coming up with hit game show that will save their networks' flagging ratings. Antichrist, being the creative genius he is, comes up with "666 Ways to Mispronounce Apocalypse" Tag: Pronounce it right and win a free all-expenses-paid one-way trip to Petra Jordan (round-trip not needed as Jesus will fly you back "without a plane" at the end of the Tribulation). It sounds right up their alley so they apply to get on the game show.

During the taping the group chooses their leader, Drizzle to be the first contestant. The MC asks him to pronounce Apocalypse, but nerves get the best of Drizzle and it comes out "A Pox on Your Lips".

OUCH! Too bad. Now Drizzle must choose between three doors. One has the trip to Petra behind it. The other two have booby prizes. Nervously, Drizzle looks at his compadres for suggestions. They scream, "Door Number Three! Door Number Three", thinking three is a lucky number. But Antichrist is too clever for them and has anticipated that contestants even remotely interested in flying to a hell-hole like Petra have to be Christians and would likely choose door #3 because of the number's association with all things Christian. He's deftly hidden a booby prize behind door #3. When the curtain goes up all the audience gasps. There on a table sits a bottle of "Behead and Shoulders Shampoo".

Zoiiiiiiing!

The "gotcha" buzzer sounds. Henchmen of AC come out to lead Drizzle away. The irony of having won a bottle of shampoo with the odd name "Behead and Shoulders" is not lost on Drizzle. He and his friends have been reading for weeks that AC has come up with a novel new way to behead his enemies: his henchmen keep shampooing their victim's hair until all the rubbing has worn the victim's head down to his shoulders. Dejected, Drizzle is led away to face the executioner who, not surprisingly, is the best coiffures artist in the city. Drizzle takes comfort in the fact, however, that at least he's found a permanent solution to his lifelong psoriasis problem.

Watch for Volume 2 of "Left Behind the 8-Ball" : "Jolly Old St. Nicolae" coming soon to a bookstore near you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,537,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I mean, why should I let Lahayne and Jenkins corner the rapture fiction market and make all that bread for themselves?

The main plot will focus on 7 diverse individuals who try to make their way to Petra, Jordan so the Antichrist can't get his hands on them before the Second Coming.

First Novel in the Series: "Tribulation Farce". The plot will introduce the seven characters, who through various quirks and questionable lifestyle choices find themselves....well, Left Behind after the rapture. They board a plane bound for Petra, Jordan in hopes of hiding out for 7 years, but the plane is hijacked to Los Angeles. Eventually they make their way to Burbank Studios where 10 Presidents of Major Networks have just given their power to Antichrist for one hour in exchange for coming up with hit game show that will save their networks' flagging ratings. Antichrist, being the creative genius he is, comes up with "666 Ways to Mispronounce Apocalypse" Tag: Pronounce it right and win a free all-expenses-paid one-way trip to Petra Jordan (round-trip not needed as Jesus will fly you back "without a plane" at the end of the Tribulation). It sounds right up their alley so they apply to get on the game show.

During the taping the group chooses their leader, Drizzle to be the first contestant. The MC asks him to pronounce Apocalypse, but nerves get the best of Drizzle and it comes out "A Pox on Your Lips".

OUCH! Too bad. Now Drizzle must choose between three doors. One has the trip to Petra behind it. The other two have booby prizes. Nervously, Drizzle looks at his compadres for suggestions. They scream, "Door Number Three! Door Number Three", thinking three is a lucky number. But Antichrist is too clever for them and has anticipated that contestants even remotely interested in flying to a hell-hole like Petra have to be Christians and would likely choose door #3 because of the number's association with all things Christian. He's deftly hidden a booby prize behind door #3. When the curtain goes up all the audience gasps. There on a table sits a bottle of "Behead and Shoulders Shampoo".

Zoiiiiiiing!

The "gotcha" buzzer sounds. Henchmen of AC come out to lead Drizzle away. The irony of having won a bottle of shampoo with the odd name "Behead and Shoulders" is not lost on Drizzle. He and his friends have been reading for weeks that AC has come up with a novel new way to behead his enemies: his henchmen keep shampooing their victim's hair until all the rubbing has worn the victim's head down to his shoulders. Dejected, Drizzle is led away to face the executioner who, not surprisingly, is the best coiffures artist in the city. Drizzle takes comfort in the fact, however, that at least he's found a permanent solution to his lifelong psoriasis problem.

Watch for Volume 2 of "Left Behind the 8-Ball" : "Jolly Old St. Nicolae" coming soon to a bookstore near you.
Brilliant thrillobyte, LOVE IT! Can't wait for the 2nd volume...

P.S. I enjoyed John Erving's "Hotel New Hampshire"

Old 07-06-2010, 04:53 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,720,039 times
Quote:

Zoiiiiiiing!

*chuckles*

That is pretty clever Thrillobyte ... I'm impressed. Did you write that yourself?

I actually hope that the rapture is true ... But only God knows the time, so ...

Nevertheless that was amusing, thanks!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:15 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,404,049 times
I can't wait for the release.....will it be soon?

Old 07-06-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Did you write that yourself?
Oh yeah, this silly stuff is usually worming its way through my brain while I'm lying in bed trying to fall asleep. Believe me, the rapture is perfect fodder for this kind of parody.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:19 PM

139 posts, read 221,771 times
lol.. funny

Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
I can't wait for the release.....will it be soon?
Soon....unless the rapture gets me first! Maybe there are bookstores in heaven.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,856,411 times
Quote:

Zoiiiiiiing!

You had to have been giggling your ass off writing this...lol...

Old 07-06-2010, 08:25 PM

697 posts, read 1,068,060 times
Quote:
Maybe there are bookstores in heaven.
I hope so!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 PM

5,965 posts, read 6,979,638 times
Clever and entertaining stuff, Thrillobyte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity