Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:33 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

How do know we any of us aren't false prophets? What exactly are doctrines of false prophets? Need specifics. It is obvious that there are false prophets because the bible talks about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 01:37 PM

594 posts, read 1,044,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
How do know we any of us aren't false prophets? What exactly are doctrines of false prophets? Need specifics. It is obvious that there are false prophets because the bible talks about them.
Galatians 1:8

Old 02-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
Galatians 1:8
Thanks but what is the gospel. I have heard a lot of different gospels. Which gospel is right? what is a wrong gospel/ doctrine?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Before someone slams universalism, the litmus test for sound doctrine is the pointing to and glorification of God through His son, Jesus Christ.

Many have expressed their disdain for those who believe in the restoration of all things with mass correction (not a free pass), but as one who came out of the Pentecostal church I can tell you that the view of Him as Savior of all men holds Him higher than that of the conventional doctrine of most ultimately lost.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:23 PM

Sorry, but I had to say it.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Before someone slams universalism, the litmus test for sound doctrine is the pointing to and glorification of God through His son, Jesus Christ.

Many have expressed their disdain for those who believe in the restoration of all things with mass correction (not a free pass), but as one who came out of the Pentecostal church I can tell you that the view of Him as Savior of all men holds Him higher than that of the conventional doctrine of most ultimately lost.
I am not debating in this tread, just want to understand. Can you explain?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I am not debating in this tread, just want to understand. Can you explain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Sorry, but I had to say it.
And I really didn't want to detract from your thread, but I figured it would come up.

The question of how the supreme sacrifice wouldn't be enough to cover the rebellion of man is a big question in a lot of minds. From a personal standpoint, when I slowly accepted the depth of the all-encompassing work of God, it enlarged my heart toward Him, and my fellow man.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:02 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,706 times
Quote:
It is obvious that there are many false prophets because of the fruit we see on this board... confusion, division, hurt feelings, hopelessness, pride and hate.
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
6:1 ¶ Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
God's message is one of HOPE... the devil will sow seeds of hopelessness.

The Holy Spirit, by the very nature He is, will bring unity. The devil sows disunity.

God is love... and He has only love for the souls of men. Although there will come a time when His wrath is poured out on sin, yet we are now in the day of grace. Our message should show this, and this fruit will draw people to the truth... not push them away. Never. God isn't pushing people away from the truth... that would be contradictory to His plan, for He wishes all to be saved.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:12 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
Amen God bless.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
It is obvious that there are many false prophets because of the fruit we see on this board... confusion, division, hurt feelings, hopelessness, pride and hate.
Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
6:1 ¶ Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
God's message is one of HOPE... the devil will sow seeds of hopelessness.

The Holy Spirit, by the very nature He is, will bring unity. The devil sows disunity.

God is love... and He has only love for the souls of men. Although there will come a time when His wrath is poured out on sin, yet we are now in the day of grace. Our message should show this, and this fruit will draw people to the truth... not push them away. Never. God isn't pushing people away from the truth... that would be contradictory to His plan, for He wishes all to be saved.
Interesting...so you think that pushing people away from the truth is an act of false doctrine? Then what is truth? I see so many "truths"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity