U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:37 PM

32,239 posts, read 21,123,632 times

Advertisements

I mean really believe , without a shadow of doubt, nothing wavering and being fully persuaded of it kind of faith in His love.

Why ? because it takes faith to believe that God loved this guilty world .

Calvary
Heaven's peace and perfect justice kissed a guilty world in love.

Jesus the Son of God is love manifesting in the flesh

His banner over me is love. Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by pcamps; 07-08-2010 at 04:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 06:58 PM

528 posts, read 685,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I mean really believe , without a shadow of doubt, nothing wavering and being fully persuaded of it kind of faith in His love.

Calvary

Pcamp - I like that. You have faith.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:04 PM

5,965 posts, read 5,763,969 times
Quote:

Calvary

So true. Our Lord is full of grace and truth and mercy. He is our peace. That is the message we have heard from him and declare to the world.

Peace -
Heartsong

Old 07-08-2010, 07:15 PM

157 posts, read 368,914 times
Thank goodness He loves me, sinner that I am

Old 07-08-2010, 07:27 PM

3,540 posts, read 6,082,978 times
Quote:

Calvary

No doubt you Love Christ, and wish to "run the good race"

But unfortunatley, I have met those that a "belief" in Christ's Love for them does not seem to bring them joy.

As sad as that may be.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,576,196 times
Quote:

Calvary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Pcamp - I like that. You have faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
So true. Our Lord is full of grace and truth and mercy. He is our peace. That is the message we have heard from him and declare to the world.

Peace -
Heartsong
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgiloveTN View Post
Thank goodness He loves me, sinner that I am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

But unfortunatley, I have met those that a "belief" in Christ's Love for them does not seem to bring them joy.

As sad as that may be.
Aye...

Old 07-08-2010, 07:40 PM

32,239 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post

As sad as that may be.
It must be a limited kind of love they believe in . I am talking about the Love of God that knows no bounds .

17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Maybe they have just not been persuaded enough yet

It does not require faith to believe in conditional love , unconditional love does .

Old 07-08-2010, 08:29 PM

1,079 posts, read 771,608 times
Quote:

Calvary

Amen pcamps. I really think even those who know this still underestimate just how much He loves us.

I don't want to sidetrack this but I keep thinking about a book I read called "My Descent into Death" by Howard Storm. It's a true story about an athiest who dies from a ruptured ulcer and has a very scary NDE.

Anyway, the Lord pulls him up out of a dark, bad place and he has a life review and some conversations with angels. I'm skipping a lot to get to the point here.

An angel kept insisting to Howard that it was very important that he never forget to think of himself as God's favorite. Think about that for a minute. His daddy's favorite kid. Didn't John the apostle also think he was the Lord's favorite? He always mentions himself as the apostle whom the Lord loves. John probably felt he was a little closer with the Lord than the others.

I know this might not make much sense to some but I think about it a lot.
Do I dare think of myself as one of his favorites as well? When all creation is worshiping before His throne, will He take a peek at me amongst the multitude and maybe give me a quick wink and a smile?

Yes, we can't even imagine how much He loves each and everyone one of us. I will never, EVER doubt it.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:40 PM

5,807 posts, read 4,791,496 times
Quote:

Calvary

Just wanted you to know that what you wrote just gave me a beautiful "wave of peace" within my heart. (not sure how to word that, but hopefully you get my drift.) just wanted to say thanks. That was lovely.

"heaven's peace and perfect justice kissed a guilty world in love.."

Old 07-08-2010, 09:43 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,019,424 times
Yes, it's the Heatherist again. I just wanted to say what a nice thread this is! And I believe that if there is a God - and if Jesus is in fact looking down on us - I believe that they would love us all. I know that my beliefs are not in line with many - but I have never felt ill at ease in the world. Don't get me wrong - I have gone through some angsty times in my youth (haven't we all!) but I've still always felt at home in my heart. So - I guess I feel love in the world - and I think that is probably similar to what a Christian would feel with their faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or