U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM

32,252 posts, read 21,127,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'm a performer so I have to work on Saturdays. And Sundays. My day off is Monday. Guess I'll just add that to the long list of reasons for why I'm going to hell.
Do you mind sharing all the other reasons why you think you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,022,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you mind sharing all the other reasons why you think you ?
I don't think we have that kind of time!
For starters - I'm a Heatherist - not a Christian! So that alone sends me on the fast track to hell!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:27 PM

32,252 posts, read 21,127,372 times
Quote:
I don't think we have that kind of time!
For starters - I'm a Heatherist - not a Christian! So that alone sends me on the fast track to hell!
I gathered you are not a professing christian . I have good news for you neither was Jesus

Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 PM

21,188 posts, read 21,022,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I gathered you are not a professing christian . I have good news for you neither was Jesus

Old 07-09-2010, 07:16 PM

8,407 posts, read 9,154,456 times
Quote:
Well, I'm a performer so I have to work on Saturdays. And Sundays. My day off is Monday. Guess I'll just add that to the long list of reasons for why I'm going to hell.
Well, when you think about it, the Sabbath was the seventh day. What makes it the seventh day?

So, day one is the first day of the work week. God worked six days in the creation story. My work week starts on Monday. That makes Sunday the seventh day as far as my days of labor and resting on day seven is concerned. Saturday is actually day six.

Just a thought.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:28 PM

2,981 posts, read 4,468,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
This study is under the thread titled: The Feast of Days, Unleavened Bread, and Eternal Life...and I believe the message is getting lost there for some who may not know it is there. So I have made it its own thread.
Verna.
So this is why you are not replying there to my posts.
So I will post them here, also
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme
Now, since Israel never, ever, to this day, has entered into the true Sabbath of God, which they only rehearsed as the namesake people of the New Man name, then the seventh day Sabbath keeping is a moot point for all Christian believers. The Sabbath was given as a sign of the eternal Sabbath Rest to come, in the finished work of Christ for our redemption.

When we are born again in Christ, we cease from our own dead man works [in Adam], which are the unfruitful labors Adam entered into when he was cast out of the Garden, as a vain, ruined for his created purpose, creature, who lost the glory he was made to house, as a temple not made with hands.

Hebrews 4:1-
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left [us] of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard [it]. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this [place] again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

This is the Rest of God:
Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

In Acts 15, the Apostles sent a letter to Gentile believers, freeing them from keeping Moses in any means, manner, or way; and the Sabbath is for the Jews, a sign for them to rehearse, which they never, as a nation, entered into, yet.

Why would you put a yoke upon a Gentile believer, you Judaisers who do not and cannot keep Moses yourself, nor were you commanded to, nor can you, for there is no temple, and Sabbath was about ceasing from your own works, as a sign for the Jews.

So, in light of the Word of God that states that the Gentiles were not to keep Moses, and that Believers gathered together to celebrate the Resurrection on the first day of the week, why do you continue to Judaise Gentiles when you yourselves are condemned by the Law you so desire to be under?
Since Israel has never, ever, to this day, entered into the Sabbath Rest which they oracled and rehearsed on the weekly seventh, then why do you desire to enter into their darkness with them -and why do you go against the Word of God to yoke others with your own unbelief in the Finished Work of Christ?

Quote:
Acts 15 -NASB:
6 The apostles and the elders came together to look into this matter. 7 After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brethren, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles would hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 “And God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; 9 and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith. 10 “Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 “But we believe that we are saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, in the same way as they also are.”

12 All the people kept silent, and they were listening to Barnabas and Paul as they were relating what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles.
James’s Judgment[

[13 After they had stopped speaking, James answered, saying, “Brethren, listen to me. 14 “Simeon has related how God first concerned Himself about taking from among the Gentiles a people for His name. 15 “With this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written,

16 ‘AFTER THESE THINGS I will return,
AND I WILL REBUILD THE TABERNACLE OF DAVID WHICH HAS FALLEN,
AND I WILL REBUILD ITS RUINS],
ANDI WILL RESTORE IT,

17 SO THAT THE REST OFMANKIND MAY SEEK THE LORD,
AND ALL THE GENTILESWHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME’

18 SAYS THE LORD, WHOMAKES THESE THINGS KNOWN FROM LONG AGO
19 “Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21 “For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

22 Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas—Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren, 23 and they sent this letter by them,
“The apostles and the brethren who are elders, to the brethren in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia who are from the Gentiles, greetings.

24 “Since we have heard that some of our number to whom we gave no instruction have disturbed you with their words, unsettling your souls,
25 it seemed good to us, having become of one mind, to select men to send to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 “Therefore we have sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will also report the same things by word of mouth.
28 “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay upon you no greater burden than these essentials:
29 that you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication; if you keep yourselves free from such things, you will do well. Farewell.”

Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The crime is thinking God is so petty that he's gonna care what day you HONOR him.
A Believer is always in His Day. By being born of His Spirit, they are in the Day He made from the beginning of the world, in which Believers rejoice with Believing Abraham, but Judaisers do not know His Peace through His Atonement, which gives access into His eternal Sabbath of Peace with God, through the Atoneing blood of God's own dear Son.

Jews keep the day as a sign of the eternal Sabbath. Israel is the namesake people of the New Man name, and they -and they alone- got all the signs to rehearse. The signs never saved them or gave them entrance into heaven, for they waited for the fulfillment of the final, finished, atonement, in the blood of the Firstborn, whom the High PRiest in Israel typed, by serving in the office of the Christ who was to come, when he was anointed with the oil of Messiah/Anointing to serve in his office, in type.

Israel is the name of the New Man, and they got all the signs to rehearse, from father Abraham on, in the circumcision on the 8th day, a sign of the cutting off of the seed and multiplying of the one old man, the Adam nature. Adam will cease to multiply the Adam nautre by the seed, in the 8th day of creation's millenniums, when Adam is no more and Israel is the name of the New Man, who inherits the earth which is united with the Glory which departed at the fall of Adam.

Gentiles were never, ever put under the law. When a Gentile is born again, they have entered into the eternal Sabbath Rest in Christ's finished work, which Israel as a nation has not yet entered into, as the post of mine, before this one shows.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,424,485 times
Quote:
..."...(edit)...Oh...and it seems to me that you do not know the difference between the law of Moses and the Ten commanments...read my thread titled: The Onslaught...The Crime of All Ages!...but they are TWO different sets of laws. Study!...and show thyself approved!"
Mr5150...Please forgive me. I was wrong for what I said above concerning you not knowing the difference between the law of Moses and the Ten Commandments. In fact, you are correct in your statement below (in red)... [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I am the one who needs to study further and show my own self approved...and I am. Again...I am truly sorry. I learned a valuable lesson from this....Scripture...Scripture...Scripture...check. ..check...check.

I still hold true to my beliefs that they were not hung on the cross with Christ. The only thing two things that were hung on the cross was 1) Jesus Christ, and 2) our past transgressions...our debt of sin that was owed...He who knew no sin, became sin...I will gather a study and post it as soon as I get it together.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:32 AM

Jesus the Christ come in flesh is the very TORAH, Himself., and when He was hung on the cross,
And Pilate wrote a title, and put [it] on the cross. And the writing was, Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews.
This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, [and] Greek, [and] Latin.

Quote:
http://ldolphin.org/epitaph/index.html What we don't notice in the English translation is that the acrostic made up of the first letter of each word spells out Yahweh (YHWH)!
Christ's Sacrifice, hidden in the very word "Torah"
Christ's Sacrifice, hidden in the very word "Torah"

Quote:

= (Tav) Literal Meaning: a sign, a cross Symbolic Meaning: a covenant, to seal
= (Vav) Literal Meaning: nail Symbolic Meaning: "and", to add, to secure
= (Reysh) Literal Meaning: head Symbolic Meaning: person, the head, the highest
= (Hey) Literal Meaning: window, fence Symbolic Meaning: "the", to reveal
If the meanings of each letter in the word "Torah" are combined to make a sentence, an amazing truth is revealed: Tav + Vav + Reysh + Hey = a cross, nail, the head, window
or
Quote:
So, the combined meaning of the letters of the Hebrew word "Torah" are:
[To] a cross, [is] nail[ed], the highest, is revealed [in the Torah].
Read more at the link

Old 07-12-2010, 04:20 PM

8,407 posts, read 9,154,456 times
Quote:
Mr5150...Please forgive me. I was wrong for what I said above concerning you not knowing the difference between the law of Moses and the Ten Commandments. In fact, you are correct in your statement below (in red)...

I am the one who needs to study further and show my own self approved...and I am. Again...I am truly sorry. I learned a valuable lesson from this....Scripture...Scripture...Scripture...check. ..check...check.

I still hold true to my beliefs that they were not hung on the cross with Christ. The only thing two things that were hung on the cross was 1) Jesus Christ, and 2) our past transgressions...our debt of sin that was owed...He who knew no sin, became sin...I will gather a study and post it as soon as I get it together.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Not to worry. On line debate is nothing I take personal. Shall we agree to disagree?

May the Lord's peace be upon you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or