U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2019, 08:44 PM
 
5 posts, read 498 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Too bad the blood of Christ can't cover the "sin" of going to church on Sunday.

I guess only SDA folk will make it to heaven
As a SDA member, we are not the only ones that will make it to heaven, just because we serve on the Sabbath.
If you deliberately chose to not believe in the lord Jesus Christ or his Word then that will be your unpardonable sin.The Blood of Christ can cleanse all of us if we are humble and repent. Seventh Day Sabbath worship is a blessing, it's not about religion it's about the obedience of the Word.
Try it, ask God to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2019, 10:51 PM
 
2,539 posts, read 2,032,172 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Don't tell me what to tell people. God alone has that authority.

No where in those verses you provided says a WORD about NOT! keeping the Sabbath. They do say however that no one has to be circumcised to be well with the Father. Not one of the TEN Commandments says..."Thou shalt be circumcised."...AHH!...but the 4th one DOES! SAY! To keep the Sabbath holy unto God...it sure DOES! say THAT!

I'm done debating with you Mr5150. Finale Answer.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

(edit)...Oh...and it seems to me that you do not know the difference between the law of Moses and the Ten commandments...read my thread titled: The Onslaught...The Crime of All Ages!...but they are TWO different sets of laws. Study!...and show thyself approved!
Why even suggest that the Gentiles keep the Jewish Law which contained the Sabbath law of the 10 Commandments when they were not even given the Law nor were the 10 spoken to the Gentiles but rather to the nation of Israel only as Psalm 147:19-20 says. The 10 Commandments can be listed separately from the Law but the Law is not without the 10 and so when the Apostles said that the Gentiles need not keep the Law they were talking of it as a whole which included the 10 yet the Gentiles are not without moral law because Scripture says that they are a "law unto themselves". PS 147:19-20 "He shows His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His judgments unto Israel. He has not dealt so with any other nation: and as for His judgments, they have not known them. Praise you the LORD."
For instance, the Gentiles or even Jews today can choose to have a Sabbath or not and on any day of the week. ROM 14:5 "One man esteems one day above another: another esteems every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." If one wants to keep Sabbath, fine, but one should not expect others to or if they esteem another day [Sunday] why condemn them for doing so by misquoting Scripture? COL 2:16-17 "Let no man, therefore, judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a Holy Day, or of the New Moon, or of the Sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the substance [meaning of Sabbath] is of Christ." Sabbath was a sign/shadow of the rest to be had in Christ and the reason we should cease/rest from our own works to be saved. However, lest one misunderstand as many do Pauls writings, moral law is kept by those who "walk in the Spirit" but not the whole Law which included Sabbath as listed in the 10 Commandments.


And in accordance with ROM 2:14 "These [Gentiles], having not the Law [no Sabbath/s, Tithe, meat, or Temple laws, and etc], are a law unto themselves:" They were however given moral laws [written in heart, not on tablets of stone] common to all mankind and approximating the 10 commandments but not exactly as to what the Jews were given but even that can not save, for it is by Grace through faith that saves. Because the Gentiles were not given Sabbath or Sabbaths laws and the rest of the Law, the Apostles in Acts 15:24 made it clear that the Gentiles need not keep the Law and Paul also made it clear in GAL 2:14 "But when I [Paul] saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If you, being a Jew, live after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compel the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" Why? Because when one is speaking of the Law, he is really speaking of the whole Law with the 10 whether he realizes it or not, not just moral laws and moreover no law as ever been given that can save/take away sin. GAL 5:18 "But if you be led of the Spirit, you are not under the Law."
Grace gives us "His righteousness" which is moral law via the Spirit ["born again"], not the many shadows/signs/symbolic laws of the Old Testament Law. Herein is the problem with those trying to teach Law instead of Grace. 1TIM 1:7 "Desiring to be teachers of the Law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm." HEB 7:12 "For the Priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the Law."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 02:02 AM
 
Location: US
28,189 posts, read 15,238,820 times
Reputation: 1780
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Why even suggest that the Gentiles keep the Jewish Law which contained the Sabbath law of the 10 Commandments when they were not even given the Law nor were the 10 spoken to the Gentiles but rather to the nation of Israel only as Psalm 147:19-20 says. The 10 Commandments can be listed separately from the Law but the Law is not without the 10 and so when the Apostles said that the Gentiles need not keep the Law they were talking of it as a whole which included the 10 yet the Gentiles are not without moral law because Scripture says that they are a "law unto themselves". PS 147:19-20 "He shows His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His judgments unto Israel. He has not dealt so with any other nation: and as for His judgments, they have not known them. Praise you the LORD."
For instance, the Gentiles or even Jews today can choose to have a Sabbath or not and on any day of the week. ROM 14:5 "One man esteems one day above another: another esteems every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." If one wants to keep Sabbath, fine, but one should not expect others to or if they esteem another day [Sunday] why condemn them for doing so by misquoting Scripture? COL 2:16-17 "Let no man, therefore, judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a Holy Day, or of the New Moon, or of the Sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the substance [meaning of Sabbath] is of Christ." Sabbath was a sign/shadow of the rest to be had in Christ and the reason we should cease/rest from our own works to be saved. However, lest one misunderstand as many do Pauls writings, moral law is kept by those who "walk in the Spirit" but not the whole Law which included Sabbath as listed in the 10 Commandments.


And in accordance with ROM 2:14 "These [Gentiles], having not the Law [no Sabbath/s, Tithe, meat, or Temple laws, and etc], are a law unto themselves:" They were however given moral laws [written in heart, not on tablets of stone] common to all mankind and approximating the 10 commandments but not exactly as to what the Jews were given but even that can not save, for it is by Grace through faith that saves. Because the Gentiles were not given Sabbath or Sabbaths laws and the rest of the Law, the Apostles in Acts 15:24 made it clear that the Gentiles need not keep the Law and Paul also made it clear in GAL 2:14 "But when I [Paul] saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If you, being a Jew, live after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compel the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" Why? Because when one is speaking of the Law, he is really speaking of the whole Law with the 10 whether he realizes it or not, not just moral laws and moreover no law as ever been given that can save/take away sin. GAL 5:18 "But if you be led of the Spirit, you are not under the Law."
Grace gives us "His righteousness" which is moral law via the Spirit ["born again"], not the many shadows/signs/symbolic laws of the Old Testament Law. Herein is the problem with those trying to teach Law instead of Grace. 1TIM 1:7 "Desiring to be teachers of the Law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm." HEB 7:12 "For the Priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the Law."
Verna hasnít been around for along time, check her profile for her last posting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 02:04 AM
 
Location: US
28,189 posts, read 15,238,820 times
Reputation: 1780
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Why even suggest that the Gentiles keep the Jewish Law which contained the Sabbath law of the 10 Commandments when they were not even given the Law nor were the 10 spoken to the Gentiles but rather to the nation of Israel only as Psalm 147:19-20 says. The 10 Commandments can be listed separately from the Law but the Law is not without the 10 and so when the Apostles said that the Gentiles need not keep the Law they were talking of it as a whole which included the 10 yet the Gentiles are not without moral law because Scripture says that they are a "law unto themselves". PS 147:19-20 "He shows His word unto Jacob, His statutes and His judgments unto Israel. He has not dealt so with any other nation: and as for His judgments, they have not known them. Praise you the LORD."
For instance, the Gentiles or even Jews today can choose to have a Sabbath or not and on any day of the week. ROM 14:5 "One man esteems one day above another: another esteems every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind." If one wants to keep Sabbath, fine, but one should not expect others to or if they esteem another day [Sunday] why condemn them for doing so by misquoting Scripture? COL 2:16-17 "Let no man, therefore, judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a Holy Day, or of the New Moon, or of the Sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the substance [meaning of Sabbath] is of Christ." Sabbath was a sign/shadow of the rest to be had in Christ and the reason we should cease/rest from our own works to be saved. However, lest one misunderstand as many do Pauls writings, moral law is kept by those who "walk in the Spirit" but not the whole Law which included Sabbath as listed in the 10 Commandments.


And in accordance with ROM 2:14 "These [Gentiles], having not the Law [no Sabbath/s, Tithe, meat, or Temple laws, and etc], are a law unto themselves:" They were however given moral laws [written in heart, not on tablets of stone] common to all mankind and approximating the 10 commandments but not exactly as to what the Jews were given but even that can not save, for it is by Grace through faith that saves. Because the Gentiles were not given Sabbath or Sabbaths laws and the rest of the Law, the Apostles in Acts 15:24 made it clear that the Gentiles need not keep the Law and Paul also made it clear in GAL 2:14 "But when I [Paul] saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the Gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If you, being a Jew, live after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compel the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" Why? Because when one is speaking of the Law, he is really speaking of the whole Law with the 10 whether he realizes it or not, not just moral laws and moreover no law as ever been given that can save/take away sin. GAL 5:18 "But if you be led of the Spirit, you are not under the Law."
Grace gives us "His righteousness" which is moral law via the Spirit ["born again"], not the many shadows/signs/symbolic laws of the Old Testament Law. Herein is the problem with those trying to teach Law instead of Grace. 1TIM 1:7 "Desiring to be teachers of the Law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm." HEB 7:12 "For the Priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the Law."
Read Isaiah 56...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,454 posts, read 7,766,666 times
Reputation: 1749
We've got ANOTHER enthusiast doing necrosis on old posts about his particular obsession. Just ignore him and maybe he will go away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:36 AM
 
2,539 posts, read 2,032,172 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Read Isaiah 56...
If your point is about the Gentiles keeping Law/Sabbath that was true but only for those who joined in with Israel but as Psalm says the Gentile nations were not given the Law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,892 posts, read 12,380,598 times
Reputation: 16858
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
... but as Psalm says the Gentile nations were not given the Law.
Very good point...yes, why would a non-Jew have to follow the 10 Commandments?
Why didn't I think of that?
I'm open to explanations...I'm no Bible or even history scholar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:00 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,892 posts, read 12,380,598 times
Reputation: 16858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
We've got ANOTHER enthusiast doing necrosis on old posts about his particular obsession. Just ignore him and maybe he will go away
But, that doesn't make sense.
Why can't you bring up an old topic if it interests you?

We are told not to do duplicate topics...
So you find an old one. Why should a person's interest be ignored, nate, and called an obsession?

I got a warning, even after I did a search, and didn't find the topic, for duplicating an existing movie subject... gee whiz, and he was not nice about it!
And wouldn't expunge it after I said, 'But I did a search!'

Good for you, garya, for doing a search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:04 AM
Status: "Vigilant." (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
26,194 posts, read 13,632,574 times
Reputation: 11795
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMann2 View Post
As a SDA member, we are not the only ones that will make it to heaven, just because we serve on the Sabbath.
If you deliberately chose to not believe in the lord Jesus Christ or his Word then that will be your unpardonable sin.The Blood of Christ can cleanse all of us if we are humble and repent. Seventh Day Sabbath worship is a blessing, it's not about religion it's about the obedience of the Word.
Try it, ask God to help you.
Balderdash with a heaping helping of nonsense and a few dashes of crapola for dessert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2019, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
16,454 posts, read 7,766,666 times
Reputation: 1749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Why can't you bring up an old topic if it interests you?

We are told not to do duplicate topics...
So you find an old one. Why should a person's interest be ignored, nate, and called an obsession?

I got a warning, even after I did a search, and didn't find the topic, for duplicating an existing movie subject... gee whiz, and he was not nice about it!
And wouldn't expunge it after I said, 'But I did a search!'

Good for you, garya, for doing a search.
Check for other necrosis on the same subject. Poster was already involved in a current thread on the same infinitely rehashed subject. Maybe they can all be combined
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top