U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 08:16 AM

15,892 posts, read 12,380,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMann2 View Post
If you deliberately chose to not believe in the lord Jesus Christ or his Word then that will be your unpardonable sin.
Good thing Jesus just happened by then---when Thomas didn't believe.

Not everyone can believe in things unseen...the way they were made was left brained logical...they
are concrete thinkers...God doesn't hate His children; He made them all different.

Do you only know God through other people's words...cuz when you meet Him?
You won't be singing the same tune...you will see He is only Love...not
this wrath, 'either/ or' , ultimatum God.
I hope you one day have the direct experience of God Himself or Jesus Himself or the Holy Spirit
fills you with more understanding of the Nature of God....there is no punishment in Him...
nothing 'scary'. And fear is no way to bring people to Jesus, my friend.
Pray on it, ask, don't believe me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 08:19 AM

2,539 posts, read 2,032,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Very good point...yes, why would a non-Jew have to follow the 10 Commandments?
Why didn't I think of that?
I'm open to explanations...I'm no Bible or even history scholar.
The 10 Commandments have the element of Sabbath and as a whole Gentiles were not given all 10 but they were given the moral laws contained therein, written in the heart. ROM 2:12-15 "For as many as have sinned without Law shall also perish without Law: and as many, as have sinned in the Law shall be judged by the Law [For not the hearers of the Law are just before God, but the doers of the Law shall be justified. For when the Gentiles, which have not the Law, do by nature the things contained in the Law, these, having not the Law, are a law unto themselves: Which show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or else excusing one another;]" All societies know it is wrong to murder, steal, dishonor parents and etc and so they are held as accountable as those who were under the Law. But the Gentiles were not given Sabbath/s to keep as laws. So, being in Christ does not mean one is lawless but it does mean that Gentiles and Jews need not keep the whole of the Law because it contained temporary elements for Jews and Sabbath/s and other things not given to Gentiles.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:50 AM

5,744 posts, read 4,942,354 times
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit so that those under Jesus Lordship could be obedient to Him. Matthew 7;21,22,23
Those not under Jesus Lordship though using the power of Jesus name are condemned for deception. Calling Jesus Lord when it is not true in your life is a LIE and God does not abide with liars . Satan is a liar and the father of it ..
Speaking words do not make them true . Assuming does not make them true .
Matthew 4 Satan was using scriptures to try and compromise Jesus. Jesus love for the Father could not be compromised.
Is your love for God compromised ?
Jesus/God knew the nature of men manipulating the word to their own satisfaction , the gift of the Holy Spirit circumvents this issue completely , not that I teach you from the Holy Spirit, but that you find this access in your own relationship with God through Jesus . This is the gospel .This is the difference between religion and relationship .
What you know, taught of men is all second hand information, not taught of God.
Men whom have gathered fallowers to them selves are going to give account on that day especially in those led astray. this is not my word, this is God's word. Even your idle conversation is examined by God.
Rituals do not make a relationship , they in some ways are an attempt to be manipulative .
Those whom are filled with the Spirit of God do not manipulate, but cooperate or are learning to cooperate with God.
God is not bound to do everything the same way , oft times God changed the order to Moses to attack a problem differently i.e. the rock water came from in the wilderness .
The Holy Spirit is not bound to do every thing the same in every man.
Jesus said ," Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled." this righteousness is obedience to the Father on a personal level.
Early Christians did not have scriptures to work with, it was rare to find some one with the ability to read much less have copy of old testament scriptures. The tutelage of the Holy Spirit is as essential to salvation as the Blood of Jesus paying for our sin. The presence of the Holy spirit in one's life IS the marker the angels seek for the harvest of God .The preeminence of one's thinking and one's doing.
I do not teach people what God thinks, that is the job of the Holy Spirit. My job is to tell others this is available through Jesus alone . Glory to God. Seek God humbly, and carefully and honestly and most of all desperately . the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom .
All days belong to the Lord .
Old testament law was for men that did not walk in the leading of the spirit of God, but the instruction of men presumably had the leading of the Spirit of God .This presumption is what leads believers astray .
Just because a cop wears a uniform, does not make him a good guy.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:08 AM

16,454 posts, read 7,766,666 times
Heck, all of these could be combined in one thread about the nature of the "New Covennt" instituted by Christ, why limit it to SDA propaganda?

Old 08-18-2019, 09:23 AM

40,488 posts, read 27,019,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Balderdash with a heaping helping of nonsense and a few dashes of crapola for dessert.
You crack me up, Trout!

Old 08-18-2019, 01:10 PM

28,189 posts, read 15,238,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
If your point is about the Gentiles keeping Law/Sabbath that was true but only for those who joined in with Israel but as Psalm says the Gentile nations were not given the Law.
Uh, uh, uh, donít forget the verse in psalms...

Old 08-18-2019, 01:11 PM

28,189 posts, read 15,238,820 times
Quote:
Gentiles were given the Noachide Laws...

Old 08-18-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Jews AND gentiles were given a "newCovenant" by Christ, not of rules and ceremonies and practices, but of a principle expressed in the " New Commandment:" to love ( agape) one another.

Old 08-18-2019, 04:45 PM

40,488 posts, read 27,019,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Jews AND gentiles were given a "new Covenant" by Christ, not of rules and ceremonies and practices, but of a principle expressed in the " New Commandment:" to love ( agape) one another.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
We've got ANOTHER enthusiast doing necrosis on old posts about his particular obsession. Just ignore him and maybe he will go away
I think he went away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or