U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2010, 08:34 PM
 
1,461 posts, read 1,287,543 times
Reputation: 790

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Mankind was "forced to participate" when God created it and put it in sin. That is why we are all saved through Christ--because God is just.

Making a blind people, and then telling them that "whosoever finds the door will be accepted" makes this creation into an "every man for himself" race.
Very much like the early colonists of North America. Every man for himself!
Maybe that's why Protestantism is so well received..

But is that really what God expects? Every man for himself? With no "second tries?"

Peace,
brian
So Adolph Hitler is saved. That is a comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 AM
 
Location: New England
32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
So Adolph Hitler is saved. That is a comfort.
I wouldn't have a problem with it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 02:52 AM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,763,969 times
Reputation: 1590
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
So Adolph Hitler is saved. That is a comfort.
Why would it not be a comfort for anyone and everyone to be saved? Are we supposed to harbor revenge - or are we supposed to be learning forgiveness? Granted, he was a very evil person who brought about great destruction and pain and sorrow - a cruel man, no doubt. But have you ever read the story of King Nebuchadnezzar? And have you read that God will make all things beautiful in his time?

One of the most touching things I ever heard was a Jewish Christian woman who declared, "There's a little Hitler inside all of us". She said God showed her that to show her that we all have dark hearts that need cleansing.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 02:59 AM
 
Location: New England
32,238 posts, read 21,123,632 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

One of the most touching things I ever heard was a Jewish Christian woman who declared, "There's a little Hitler inside all of us". She said God showed her that to show her that we all have dark hearts that need cleansing.

Heartsong

Thanks for sharing that , and i think that is exactly what Paul meant when he said he ws "Chief of sinners" .

Believing this gives us the ability to forgive all and all things .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 04:22 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,030,637 times
Reputation: 627
Acts 13: 41" 'Look, you scoffers,
wonder and perish,
for I am going to do something in your days
that you would never believe,
even if someone told you.'[f]"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,585,295 times
Reputation: 939
'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.' (Ezekiel 33: 6)

"Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth and give them warning from Me.
(Ezekiel 33: 7)

On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; All day and all night they will never keep silent. You who remind the LORD, take no rest for yourselves; (Isiah 62: 6)



Do you not understand that this is much bigger than you people? YOU who profess to love the same God....you come here to laugh, mock and scoff day in and day out because some of us are willing to be obedient? What is it to you that we are fulfilling our assignments? I would question my intent if I were you....YES!! Word of warning.....

All this me me, my my, I I....my walk, my this, my that! If you are so secure in your walk with God, we don't need to hear about it every day. If you are so positive that you will be reigning with Him forever, then take your eyes off yourselves and fasten them to the LOST, the UNDECIDED, the HURTING, the SEEKERS of the truth!!

Think back to that day when you got it!! Think! I know some of you (God bless your souls) have to go back a bit further than some, but I want you to think, seriously! Who was it that didn't give up on you? Who? So, now that you're "alright", you don't have anything left to do but come here and 'laugh" and scoff, everyday? Well, let me inform you...THERE IS PLENTY TO DO and if you don't know how, just ask somebody!! The time is short and we need all the help that we can get to save souls to the Kingdom if God! This is not a joke, you understand?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 07-10-2010 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 06:18 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,801 posts, read 7,371,204 times
Reputation: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.' (Ezekiel 33: 6)

"Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth and give them warning from Me. (Ezekiel 33: 7)

On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; All day and all night they will never keep silent. You who remind the LORD, take no rest for yourselves; (Isiah 62: 6)


Do you not understand that this is much bigger than you people? YOU who profess to love the same God....you come here to laugh, mock and scoff day in and day out because some of us are willing to be obedient? What is it to you that we are fulfilling our assignments? I would question my intent if I were you....YES!! Word of warning.....
What is the context of those verses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Out of Florida........
4,309 posts, read 5,585,295 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
What is the context of those verses?
That if I don't warn you....you're dead! And......possibly me!! POINT BLANK!! I don't feel like playing games, tag somebody else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 06:25 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,405,448 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
1 The LORD spoke to Moses,
2 "Tell the Israelites: If Israelites or foreigners living among you give one of their children as a sacrifice to [the god] Molech, they must be put to death. The common people must stone them to death.
3 I will condemn them and exclude them from the people. They gave one of their children to Molech, made my holy tent unclean, and dishonored my holy name.
4 If the common people ignore those who give their children to Molech and do not put them to death,
5 I will condemn them and their families. I will exclude them from the people. I will exclude from the people everyone who chases after Molech as if he were a prostitute.

6 "I will condemn people who turn to mediums and psychics and chase after them as though they were prostitutes. I will exclude them from the people.
7 "Live holy lives. Be holy because I am the LORD your God.
8 Obey my laws, and live by them. I am the LORD who sets you apart as holy...

22 "If you carefully obey all my laws and my rules, the land I am bringing you to live in will not vomit you out.
23 Never follow the practices of the people I am forcing out of your way. I cannot stand them because they did all these things.
24 I have told you that you will take their land. I will give it to you as your own. It is a land flowing with milk and honey. I am the LORD your God who separated you from other people.
26 Be my holy people because I, the LORD, am holy. I have separated you from other people to be my very own.

Suppose I say to a wicked person, 'You wicked person, you will certainly die,' and you say nothing to warn him to change his ways. That wicked person will die because of his sin, and I will hold you responsible for his death. Ezekiel 33:8
Suppose I tell you that wicked people will surely die, but you don't warn them or speak out so that they can change their wicked ways in order to save their lives. Then these wicked people will die because of their sin, but I will hold you responsible for their deaths. Ezekiel 3:18

But suppose you warn the wicked people, and they don't turn from their wicked ways. Then they will die because of their sin, but you will save yourself. Ezekiel 3:19

"If righteous people turn from living the right way and do wrong, I will make them stumble, and they will die. If you don't warn them, they will die because of their sin, and the right things they did will not be remembered. I will hold you responsible for their deaths." Ezekiel 3:20

"But suppose a righteous person turns away from doing right and he does evil things. He does all the disgusting things that the wicked person did. Will he live? All the right things that he has done will not be remembered because of his unfaithfulness and because of his sin. He will die because of them." Ezekiel 3:24

"When a righteous person turns away from doing right and does evil things, he will die. He will die because of the evil things he has done." Ezekiel 18:26

...I will always warn until there's not a breath left in me...

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Romans 11:31
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.



Those who do not believe now obtain mercy though the mercy of those that believe according to the scriptures. Yet fundamentalists do not show mercy to unbelievers. Instead they show hate and fear and threats of death and everlasting torture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
 
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,801 posts, read 7,371,204 times
Reputation: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
That if I don't warn you....you're dead! And......possibly me!! POINT BLANK!! I don't feel like playing games, tag somebody else!
So those were written originally and specifically for you and they are not part of a bigger story?

Thank you for another great example of the curse of the verse. Digital bible + word search + preconceived theory = bad theology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top