Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 AM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
This is a good start at marrying the two extremes. Mike's belief that if it's God's will that 90% of man goes to hell then that's the way it's got to be is a bit too cavalier for my tastes. I know God ultimately is the Judge, but how can we as rational, feeling, caring, empathetic beings actually surpass God in these emotions? And isn't that what's happening when we can weep for a lost soul and God cannot? If we are capable of feeling even an infinitesimal amount of the love God claims to feel for His creation then how is possible by any definition we have of caring and compassionate that God could do this to His children? Nope. Sorry, Mike, it just does not pass the smell test. (smilie for shaking head "no")
Do not twist and misrepresent what I say. It is not God's will that ANYONE perish. It is God's will that all men be saved. That anyone is not saved is the result of their rejection of God's offer of salvation.

Again. God's desire is that ALL men be saved. But man has free will and can say no to God. All who reject Christ as Savior remain under eternal condemnation.

Believe what the scriptures clearly state or reject what they say. Your choice.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,648 times
The Scriptures cannot give life, no matter how you use them. The Spirit of God is what must move in man in order for man to understand what the apostles and prophets wrote. Without the Spirit of God revealing Himself to us through direct experience, the scriptures can only be interpreted through the flesh.

blessings to all,
brian

Old 07-10-2010, 08:27 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:
How Many is Whosover? by John Gavazzoni

I must agree with much it has to say, even though many here think I am an ET'er. This essay truly has me thinking.
It will make you think.....if one will only stop the brain-washed stubbornness for a moment and really listen. I'm so glad I was able to let go of man's tradition, only for a moment, and really hear what the scriptures are saying. It was only through the Holy Spirit's leading that I have had the veil lifted and my eyes opened to the truth. And what a wonderful truth it is!!

Old 07-10-2010, 09:38 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
It will make you think.....if one will only stop the brain-washed stubbornness for a moment and really listen. I'm so glad I was able to let go of man's tradition, only for a moment, and really hear what the scriptures are saying. It was only through the Holy Spirit's leading that I have had the veil lifted and my eyes opened to the truth. And what a wonderful truth it is!!
Praise be!!!!!!!!!

Ilene and I finally agreed on something.

Put 'er there, Pard!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:17 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Another thing to consider Thrillobyte is that you can easily debunk the ET doctrine. Consider that Jesus came for the following purpose:

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

See the ETers as you know teach that God will simply relocate sinners to a lake of fire where they will be in rebellion against God forevermore in torment. Now ask yourself this - if they are in rebellion against God then THAT IS A SIN! Therefore, the purpose of Christ would have failed for SIN would still be existing in that place of eternal torment.

In fact if you take that doctrine further you can see that what ETers are essentially teaching is that God has created a place called Hell as a home for sinners where SIN is the RULER of those subjects - forever keeping them in rebellion against God.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:24 AM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Do not twist and misrepresent what I say. It is not God's will that ANYONE perish. It is God's will that all men be saved. That anyone is not saved is the result of their rejection of God's offer of salvation.

Again. God's desire is that ALL men be saved. But man has free will and can say no to God. All who reject Christ as Savior remain under eternal condemnation.

"That anyone is not saved is the result of their rejection of God's offer of salvation. "

A crock excuse.MOST of the people in your version of hell will have never heard of Christ and will be very surprised to learn that there even was such a person they were supposed to believe in.No doubt they will also be extremely disappointed that they have been sent to hell even though they never had the chance to make a choice.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:

So if the truth is what you teach, if it is Gods will that none perish, yet most will, then you are in effect saying that Gods will, will never be done. You are saying God is a pathetic failure ... Not just a failure but a pathetic failure, because not only a few will be lost for ever but most will. How sad ...

The traditions of men teach that the word of God is of no(or of very little) effect.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-10-2010 at 02:00 PM..

Old 07-10-2010, 02:37 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So, if it is Gods will that none perish, yet most will, then you are in effect saying that Gods will, will never be done ... You are saying God is a pathetic failure. Not just a failure but a pathetic failure, because not only a few will be lost for ever but most will. How sad ...
To the contrary. God's will is categorized as 1) Overruling; 2) Directive; and 3) Permissive.

Man's free will and therefore his ability to say no to God, falls under God's permissive will.

For those who are reading this and are interested, I have included 3 resources below regarding God's will...

http://www.divineviewpoint.com/illus_will_God.pdf

Lesson 7 - The Will of God Part 2

http://www.gracebiblechurchbaytown.org/msword_docs/the.will.of.God.PDF (broken link)

More research can be done regarding God's will by simply doing a search on 'God's overruling, directive, and permissive will'.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:40 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Praise be!!!!!!!!!

Ilene and I finally agreed on something.

Put 'er there, Pard!
Am I still at CD? looks around

Old 07-10-2010, 02:45 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
To the contrary. God's will is categorized as 1) Overruling; 2) Directive; and 3) Permissive.

Man's free will and therefore his ability to say no to God, falls under God's permissive will.

For those who are reading this and are interested, I have included 3 resources below regarding God's will...

http://www.divineviewpoint.com/illus_will_God.pdf

Lesson 7 - The Will of God Part 2

http://www.gracebiblechurchbaytown.org/msword_docs/the.will.of.God.PDF (broken link)

More research can be done regarding God's will by simply doing a search on 'God's overruling, directive, and permissive will'.
I've asked this before but I think you just ignored it (if not forgive me for being repetitive)... but if what you say is true then if God wills someone not to sin but they sin anyway then that is his permissive will... right? So was it his will that they would not sin (the first will he had) or is it his will that they sin anyway (his permissive will)?

So if permissive will is true then it is God's will that people sin anyway. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity