U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:06 AM

32,302 posts, read 21,155,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The poster above attempts to refute the information contained in the resources I provided with his statement. Those reading this who have not as yet gone into those links, and who wish to learn about the different categories of God's will, 1) Directive; 2) Overruling, and 3) Permissive, simply click on the links.

Earlier, I made my final comment to a particular poster, and now I am making my final comment on this subject. People will either read the information provided or they won't. People will either agree with it or they won't. Do with it what you will.

Mike as a new believer many moons ago i was force fed all that jargon , so do you really think i would go back to all that stuff after seeing the Lord opened my eyes to the truth about free will .

I think it would be good for you to bear in my that many who believe in Universal Reconciliation have believed along the lines that you do at some point .

Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Thrill,

God isn't responsible for sending people to hell.
No He just stands there and watches all those He was unable to save thrown into the lake of fire and does nothing about it .You just cannot make up the warped mind of the orthodox church faith . It has the nerve to critize that Phelps fella but deep inside it's of the same mind .

Thank the Lord that that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ id Lord .

Old 07-11-2010, 08:28 AM

1,703 posts, read 1,802,326 times
good to see you questioning the doctrines of men @ thrillobyte

you might also like this page:

see here:

The Restitution of All Things

and also this link that refutes the popolur argument that Jesus' death were meaningless if you He would save all:

The Most Foolish of Questions (http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/mostfoolishquestion.htm - broken link)

Old 07-11-2010, 09:06 AM

21,950 posts, read 16,744,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Mike as a new believer many moons ago i was force fed all that jargon , so do you really think i would go back to all that stuff after seeing the Lord opened my eyes to the truth about free will .

I think it would be good for you to bear in my that many who believe in Universal Reconciliation have believed along the lines that you do at some point .
Those who believe in universalism either have never known the truth, or have turned their backs on the truth. God has not led you to believe in universalism. You rejected the truth and then came under Satanic deception. If you will not turn back toward the truth, then continue on the way you are going. Universalism was condemned as a heresy by the early church, and most Christians have sense enough to understand it for the heresy that it is.

Whether you personally are saved or not, you will answer to God for distortiing the Gospel and seeking to lull others into a false sense of security about their eternal future.

Do not speak to me about being a new believer. I have been a believer for over 50 years. That's more than half a century.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Those who believe in universalism either have never known the truth, or have turned their backs on the truth. God has not led you to believe in universalism. You rejected the truth and then came under Satanic deception. If you will not turn back toward the truth, then continue on the way you are going. Universalism was condemned as a heresy by the early church, and most Christians have sense enough to understand it for the heresy that it is.

Whether you personally are saved or not, you will answer to God for distortiing the Gospel and seeking to lull others into a false sense of security about their eternal future.

Do not speak to me about being a new believer. I have been a believer for over 50 years. That's more than half a century.
Universalism was condemned by the orthodox church system which was birthed as early as the tender years of the true church.

I couldn't careless how long you say you have believed , does this make you some kind of authority over anything ?. So quit with your condescendind arrogance because it won't work on me .

Old 07-11-2010, 09:22 AM

11,273 posts, read 11,296,076 times
Among many things, I look at the history of Christianity and the Catholic Church's rise to power.

Correct me if I'm wrong but prior to Augustine wasn't UR the held belief among Christians?

Wasn't it one man (Augustine) who first introduced the concept of eternal damnation? Is it possible that it was just one's man's beliefs, likely heavily influenced by his former profligate lifestyle, that brought about such a sweeping doctrine as ET as opposed to many theologians getting together to hash out the details of such a radical concept?

Wasn't it the Catholic Church who seized on this dogma as a means of keeping the rabble under foot of the clergy and didn't it work for fifteen hundred years, which is why it is so entrenched in the minds of Christians even today?

Old 07-11-2010, 09:39 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,561,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Among many things, I look at the history of Christianity and the Catholic Church's rise to power.

Correct me if I'm wrong but prior to Augustine wasn't UR the held belief among Christians?

Wasn't it one man (Augustine) who first introduced the concept of eternal damnation? Is it possible that it was just one's man's beliefs, likely heavily influenced by his former profligate lifestyle, that brought about such a sweeping doctrine as ET as opposed to many theologians getting together to hash out the details of such a radical concept?

Wasn't it the Catholic Church who seized on this dogma as a means of keeping the rabble under foot of the clergy and didn't it work for fifteen hundred years, which is why it is so entrenched in the minds of Christians even today?

There were ET and UR beliefs in Christianity prior to the churches decision to go with ET.THe UR crowd was mostly in Alexandria and the eastern churches,but the Latins won out.As with anything else,the victors in any battle write the history,in this case in deciding what went in and what was excluded from the Bible.Fear of eternal punishment is the most powerful weapon in the world for keeping folks in line,a point that the Roman emperors that supported Christianity were quit to take note of.

Last edited by lifertexan; 07-11-2010 at 09:48 AM..

Old 07-11-2010, 09:50 AM

21,950 posts, read 16,744,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Universalism was condemned by the orthodox church system which was birthed as early as the tender years of the true church.

I couldn't careless how long you say you have believed , does this make you some kind of authority over anything ?. So quit with your condescendind arrogance because it won't work on me .

Those who reject and hate truth will accuse those who present the truth of being arrogant.

My interest is in presenting the truth. Those who respond to the truth will be edified by it. Those who reject the truth will be further hardened by their rejection of it. If you choose to reject the truth then be further hardened against it and come under greater discipline or cursing. If you are a believer, then you will miss out on the eternal rewards that would otherwise have been yours. If you are an unbeliever, then your punishment in hell will be all the greater. The consequences of your rejection of the truth are on your head. So be it!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 AM

6,370 posts, read 5,824,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
For the many readers who are struggling with these two beliefs I'd like to give my own link to the book that gave a reference to the article that appeared in my OP. This book has given me new insight into a topic I always thought I was unshakable on: UR, one I thought I could never consider being true, but I must now concede that there is more scriptural proof for it than ET. Anyway a condensed version of the book, Hope Beyond Hell in pdf:

http://www.hopebeyondhell.net/Hope_B...l_Abridged.pdf

And the website where the entire book can be DL'ed

Hope Beyond Hell - Download

Enjoy!
Thanks for that acknowledgement Thrillobyte. Still very joyful to see others embracing this. Your moving from a Gospel of Fear and Death towards one that is a Gospel of Joy and Life.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Those who reject and hate truth will accuse those who present the truth of being arrogant.

My interest is in presenting the truth. Those who respond to the truth will be edified by it. Those who reject the truth will be further hardened by their rejection of it. If you choose to reject the truth then be further hardened against it and come under greater discipline or cursing. If you are a believer, then you will miss out on the eternal rewards that would otherwise have been yours. If you are an unbeliever, then your punishment in hell will be all the greater. The consequences of your rejection of the truth are on your head. So be it!!!
I choose by Christ who dwells in me to reject what you call truth. By the grace of God this is my final answer to you on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or