U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 12:16 PM

11,239 posts, read 11,262,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Thanks for that acknowledgement Thrillobyte. Still very joyful to see others embracing this. Your moving from a Gospel of Fear and Death towards one that is a Gospel of Joy and Life.
Well, I liked how clear and concise the scriptures were presented in this abridged version. As i mentioned in a PM there's a lot of scripture to make some think one way and others another, but I think the love of God must win out over the perception that God is not powerful enough to redeem His own creation, even with the specious argument that "God doesn't send you to hell; you do." ---like someone takes a look through hell's portal and says, "Hmm...this looks like a dandy place to spend eternity."

Old 07-11-2010, 12:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,670,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who reject and hate truth will accuse those who present the truth of being arrogant.

My interest is in presenting the truth. Those who respond to the truth will be edified by it. Those who reject the truth will be further hardened by their rejection of it. If you choose to reject the truth then be further hardened against it and come under greater discipline or cursing. If you are a believer, then you will miss out on the eternal rewards that would otherwise have been yours. If you are an unbeliever, then your punishment in hell will be all the greater. The consequences of your rejection of the truth are on your head. So be it!!!
You are kinda proving the point that the church uses fear to gain converts...

The above statement screams... "if you don't believe and act as I do, you will suffer and it won't be MY fault!"

That is all ET is ... fear fear fear.

You've lined it up quite nicely so that the readers only choice (to avoid hell, greater discipline, being accursed, less eternal rewards, hotter, hell...) is to believe and act as you do....

I'd rather be accursed.

I choose 'God is Love' and 'perfect love casts out all fear' and if that lands me in hell... so be it!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, I liked how clear and concise the scriptures were presented in this abridged version. As i mentioned in a PM there's a lot of scripture to make some think one way and others another, but I think the love of God must win out over the perception that God is not powerful enough to redeem His own creation, even with the specious argument that "God doesn't send you to hell; you do." ---like someone takes a look through hell's portal and says, "Hmm...this looks like a dandy place to spend eternity."
I think it is interesting that some people have an experience of hell through a dream and that horrible place somehow reminds them of God and they start warning people. If after experiencing hell as they describe you still think God is the author of that, then IMO you have a very distorted vision of God... not at all like the one shown to us through Christ!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:42 PM

21,838 posts, read 16,687,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

The above statement screams... "if you don't believe and act as I do, you will suffer and it won't be MY fault!"

You've lined it up quite nicely so that the readers only choice (to avoid hell, greater discipline, being accursed, less eternal rewards, hotter, hell...) is to believe and act as you do....

I'd rather be accursed.

I choose 'God is Love' and 'perfect love casts out all fear' and if that lands me in hell... so be it!
To the contrary. The issue is believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved, or reject Him and be eternally damned (John 3:36). This is the plaiin teaching of the Bible. The truth doesn't push anyone away. Many people simply don't like the truth and reject it. And they will suffer the consequences of their choice. That is reality.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:47 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,557,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555
Those who reject and hate truth will accuse those who present the truth of being arrogant.

My interest is in presenting the truth. Those who respond to the truth will be edified by it. Those who reject the truth will be further hardened by their rejection of it. If you choose to reject the truth then be further hardened against it and come under greater discipline or cursing. If you are a believer, then you will miss out on the eternal rewards that would otherwise have been yours. If you are an unbeliever, then your punishment in hell will be all the greater. The consequences of your rejection of the truth are on your head. So be it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

I'd rather be accursed.

Very succinct post.I often wonder how many Christians have simply bought "fire insurance" rather than really committing to God out of pure love.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:54 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,434,122 times
Quote:
but I think the love of God must win out over the perception that God is not powerful enough to redeem His own creation,
He already did redeem creation in Christ, and the gosepls and epistles tell us how to become part of that New Creation redeemed.

There is no future redemption of Creation. That has been consummated.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
He already did redeem creation in Christ, and the gosepls and epistles tell us how to become part of that New Creation redeemed.

There is no future redemption of Creation. That has been consummated.
He redeemed creation but some of creation is not yet redeemed?

How do you figure that is possible.. DID he redeem creation or are they unredeemed?

Old 07-11-2010, 01:28 PM

309 posts, read 303,940 times
Quote:
I cannot express the happiness I have for the bread that you are eating right now.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:12 PM

40,053 posts, read 26,735,309 times
Quote:
You blaspheme God with your accusations. God has made the issue clear. You would judge God. But it is God who will judge you. And rightfully so. All who reject Christ as Savior remain under eternal condemnation.
You "presumptuous truth-tellers" cannot resist speaking for God. He speaks against YOUR BELIEFS about God (which are abominable) . . . NOT God. . . . and NONE of us reject Christ as Saviour!! . . . just your heinous beliefs about Him.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:13 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,287,826 times
Quote:
You blaspheme God with your accusations. God has made the issue clear. You would judge God. But it is God who will judge you. And rightfully so. All who reject Christ as Savior remain under eternal condemnation.
Mike,
I used to judge and condemn people just like you're doing. I pray the Lord will open your eyes soon, too.

blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or