Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
After much study, and God bless you all for answering many of my questions, I have come to accept that scriptures DO NOT promote Universalism in any way shape or form, but in fact supports Eternal Torment and Annihilation.

I will, in the following days, probably not till Tuesday or Wednesday, bring to the forum, my research I have been working on for several months, on the many key verses that suport the two, if not, both congruently.

It is unnverving as UR puts it, for an ET'er to believe what he believes, but for the most part, I am sure it will be more unnerving for UR to accept what I am soon and quickly going to flood this forum with.

Tighten your belts, and get your Bible and Lexicons out, because you will need them....all of you.

Stay busy in the Word!

That is a contradiction.

How can both annihilation and eternal torment be true?

If one is annihilated then one cannot be tormented for ever ...

Again you are not making any sense.

How is it that you are not aware of this fact?

Your "Cavalier" support and defense of hell and eternal torment/everlasting evil is despicable.

I thank God for your obstinate teachings ... I believe that your posts do more to convince people of the falsehood of ET than many of the posts of those of us who teach UR do.

Thank you Sciotamicks, for helping us in spite of yourself. The spirit moves in mysterious ways ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 07-10-2010 at 02:30 PM..

Old 07-10-2010, 02:20 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Bible says everyone will answer for their sins. There are no excuses. How did Abraham believe God? He didn't know about Jesus, but God had reveled some knowledge to him and he believed it, and this belief is enough for his salvation.
But then I have that silly question again... if that belief is enough for his salvation then why isn't Satan (who obviously believes in God too) saved?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:28 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
But then I have that silly question again... if that belief is enough for his salvation then why isn't Satan (who obviously believes in God too) saved?
As you perfectly well know, I already answered that to you on the other thread multiple times, and I also added I have seen enough of your games where you pretend to not understand simple language. Satan knows God exists, but quite obviously has rejected God as a Lord and saviour. He is the father of sin and falls short of God's standard, and therefore not saved.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:30 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
The whole world knew it then, think Rahab....the evidence is as far back as you can look.......Cain......need I say more?

Joshua 2:9 And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.

All of us are without excuse.
Laughable.What proof do you have that S Americans,N Americans,Australians,Chinese etc etc had any knowledge of the Abrahamic God before around 1600 AD?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
The Bible says everyone will answer for their sins. There are no excuses. How did Abraham believe God? He didn't know about Jesus, but God had reveled some knowledge to him and he believed it, and this belief is enough for his salvation.
You didn't answer the question straight up.How about a simple yes or no?Is it necessary to believe in Christ to be saved?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

Your "Cavalier" support and defense of hell and eternal torment/everlasting evil is despicable.

I thank God for your obstinate teachings ... I believe that your posts do more to convince people of the falsehood of ET than many of the posts of those of us who teach UR do.

Thank you Sciotamicks, for helping us in spite of yourself. The spirit moves in mysterious ways ...

I certainly think that they have no idea how many people they run off from Christianity with this example of Christian love.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:37 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
As you perfectly well know, I already answered that to you on the other thread multiple times, and I also added I have seen enough of your games where you pretend to not understand simple language. Satan knows God exists, but quite obviously has rejected God as a Lord and saviour. He is the father of sin and falls short of God's standard, and therefore not saved.
Actually anyone can go read that and determine for themselves whether you answered the question or not.

As far as this thread though:

You are now saying that Satan rejected God as a lord and savior but then who is Satan's lord and savior? Himself? Doesn't that elevate Satan beyond God's will?

If Satan is the father of sin then he DOES win more souls than God who you say one must accept as Lord and savior.. but if he can't even prevent the father of sin from winning more souls... should we trust him?

I am seriously pondering this...no smarta**ness at all.

It all goes back to Adam/SIN wins 100% of humans and Jesus/God saves 10%.... That is not winning in my book. It seems as if you have much more FAITH in Satan, Father of Sin's win, than in the power of God to overcome ALL sin for 100% of humans.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I certainly think that they have no idea how many people they run off from Christianity with this example of Christian love.
I dont think that they really care ...

Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Actually anyone can go read that and determine for themselves whether you answered the question or not.
Exactly. So why bring it here?

Quote:
I am seriously pondering this
Good for you. Read the Bible and pray, and God will reveal the truth to you.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
LOL.Somebody getting upset here?Or do you really believe that people don't look at your version of Christianity and wonder how people can believe in it?
Upset about what? Nope, not upset at all. Quite obviously you are one of those people who do not know how many walk away.

On the contrary to your claim, more and more people come to Christ when they hear the gospel. So the opposite of what you say is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity