U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:06 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,291,776 times

Advertisements

After much study, and God bless you all for answering many of my questions, I have come to accept that scriptures DO NOT promote Universalism in any way shape or form, but in fact supports Eternal Torment and Annihilation.

I will, in the following days, probably not till Tuesday or Wednesday, bring to the forum, my research I have been working on for several months, on the many key verses that suport the two, if not, both congruently.

It is unnverving as UR puts it, for an ET'er to believe what he believes, but for the most part, I am sure it will be more unnerving for UR to accept what I am soon and quickly going to flood this forum with.

Tighten your belts, and get your Bible and Lexicons out, because you will need them....all of you.

Stay busy in the Word!

Last edited by sciotamicks; 07-09-2010 at 10:22 PM..

Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,384,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
After much study, and God bless you all for answering many of my questions, I have come to accept that scriptures DO NOT promote Universalism in any wasy shape or form, but in fact supports Eternal Torment and Annihilation.

I will, in the following days, probably not till Tuesday or Wednesday, bring to the forum, my research I have been working on for several months, on the many key verses that suport the two, if not, both congruently.

It is unnverving as UR puts it, for an ET'er to believe what he believes, but for the most part, I am sure it will be more unnerving for UR to accept what I am soon and quickly going to flood this forum with.

Tighten your belts, and get your Bible and Lexicons out, because you will need them....all of you.

Stay busy in the Word!
How mighty confident of you.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:21 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,291,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
How mighty confident of you.
Very confident.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:31 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,384,512 times
Quote:
Very confident.

That wasn't a question.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 AM

30,266 posts, read 20,012,643 times
Run for the Hills !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The modern day Saul of Tarsus is about to show up

Old 07-10-2010, 03:44 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,397,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Run for the Hills !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The modern day Saul of Tarsus is about to show up

I was once a Saul too... That whole blinding thing is quite painful.

I say.... bring it on! I wanna see what he's got to say.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:46 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,575,817 times
Quote:
ROFLMOL! ~ I can't wait to see what's coming, to be completely honest. It's what makes this place entertaining. I love the edification here, but the side show stuff is like extra icing on the cake

Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 AM

30,266 posts, read 20,012,643 times
Sciotamick and the like wouldn't leave their sheep which falls into the ditch on a sabbath day , yet they think Jesus like the priest or levite depicted in the story of the good samaritan would just walk by man who finds himself in the same ditch of life .

Sciotamick I will ask you the same question i asked one of the other gate keepers of hades

How much more valuable is a man than a sheep ?

Old 07-10-2010, 06:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,114,658 times
Quote:
After much study, and God bless you all for answering many of my questions, I have come to accept that scriptures DO NOT promote Universalism in any way shape or form, but in fact supports Eternal Torment and Annihilation.

Stay busy in the Word!
The scriptures without the Spirit are dead.

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 07-10-2010, 07:28 AM

701 posts, read 658,950 times
Quote:
Sciotamick and the like wouldn't leave their sheep which falls into the ditch on a sabbath day , yet they think Jesus like the priest or levite depicted in the story of the good samaritan would just walk by man who finds himself in the same ditch of life .

Sciotamick I will ask you the same question i asked one of the other gate keepers of hades

How much more valuable is a man than a sheep ?
What so many people seem to forget is that the Samaritan was not in the ditch by choice. Christ ultimate will respect the choice that those who refuse Him make. Someone once posted something on these forums to the effect of stating that God will trample on the free will of some and force people to love Him. That is so completely contrary to the God of the Bible. God is love and yes God's love is able to conquer anything and everything, however what so many seem to lack understanding in, is that love can never be forced. Can love at times use force as a means to an end? Yes, such as a parent forcing a child to do something unpleasant for the child yet the parent knows that it is for their own good; like taking them to get a immunization shot. The parent does force the child to do something out of love, however the child can never be forced to love the parent. God created us with the freedom of choice because He wanted us to love Him of our own volition, anything less would not really be love. Choice is the entire reason for this whole war between God and Satan. Our choice is what is being fought over. God asks us to choose Him, for He has already chosen us, however the choice is ours. If we choose to stand on the side of Satan God has made it clear what awaits. Doesn't that mean that God loves those that make that choice any less? No. Does it mean that God's love is incapable of saving them? No, not at all. God's love is there for them and it has the power to save all, but God will not save those that do not want salvation. In every human life since Adam and Eve, where someone has reached the mental maturity to understand right from wrong, God will have made it clear to them at some point throughout their life, what He wants for them and what awaits those who choose His way and what awaits for those that choose Satan's way. God knows that for those that choose Satan's way of life, Heaven would be a miserable place, and so in His infinite mercy He ends their existence. He doesn't burn and torture them eternally. Fire is simply the method used to end their existence. I believe that there will be many that, while they were not sinners at all by worldly standards, they clearly wanted no part of Heaven and they will simply be consumed by the fire in a nanosecond, much like flash paper. For those who so clung to sin that they wrought unspeakable evil on others, they might be consumed at a pace more likened to that of a piece of burning metal which takes some tome to burn completely up. This universe will one day see a time when pain and torment will not exist on anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity