U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,055 posts, read 21,093,969 times
Reputation: 28092

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry, but I'll go with the Bible on this one. Read on, and you will see there is no way the serpent was Adam.

Eve says "the serpent deceived me". She did not say "Adam deceived me".

13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

Then God talks them one at the time. Why would he do that, if Adam was the serpent?

First he talks to the serpent, and says the seed of the woman will crush his head. He refers to Jesus crushing the head of Satan.


14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel."


And then God talks to the woman"

16 To the woman he said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."


And then he talks to Adam. Now, this would be unnecessary if Adam ans serpent was one and the same, since he already talked to the serpent.

17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field. 19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."


Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Finn_Jarber,
There is no need to be sorry. It's the same crowd doing the same thing.....
You are right twin, never apologize for standing up for the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2010, 01:05 PM
 
23,233 posts, read 11,459,452 times
Reputation: 3939
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

You are right twin, never apologize for standing up for the truth!
Just be certain it IS the TRUTH!! It seems to this reader that step has been missing in the churches for 2000+ years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 01:36 PM
 
Location: In God's Hand
1,315 posts, read 1,006,167 times
Reputation: 135
Being how Satan is bound for a 1000 years in the pit during Christ's milleniel reign and was seen walking around the earth earlier in regards to the two trials coming Job's way, I would have to believe that Satan is more than just some bad part of somebody's brain.

The fact that Jesus casted out Legion into a herd of pigs ought to say something about the reality of the existence of the devil and his angels.

Speaking of the devil walking the earth:

http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/e...ootprints.html

I'm sure everyone has heard every once in a while whenever someone enter the room, the phrase: "Speaking of the devil...." which of course wasn't the actual devil but referencing whom they were just talking about.

Or when you are saying something and the listener interrupts with, "The devil you say!!"

All in all, there would be no point in referencing Satan or the serpent unless it was a seperate entity apart from man, being how Satan entered Peter and Judas at different times, thus not a part of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
6,805 posts, read 4,840,619 times
Reputation: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Being how Satan is bound for a 1000 years in the pit during Christ's milleniel reign and was seen walking around the earth earlier in regards to the two trials coming Job's way, I would have to believe that Satan is more than just some bad part of somebody's brain.

The fact that Jesus casted out Legion into a herd of pigs ought to say something about the reality of the existence of the devil and his angels.

Speaking of the devil walking the earth:

The Devil's Footprints | Mysterious Britain & Ireland

I'm sure everyone has heard every once in a while whenever someone enter the room, the phrase: "Speaking of the devil...." which of course wasn't the actual devil but referencing whom they were just talking about.

Or when you are saying something and the listener interrupts with, "The devil you say!!"

All in all, there would be no point in referencing Satan or the serpent unless it was a seperate entity apart from man, being how Satan entered Peter and Judas at different times, thus not a part of them.
Notice in that story of Legion, the "evil spirits" are cast into unclean animals (according to the Jews) and it is the animals that die? Does falling off a cliff destroy evil spirits too?

Something to think about....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 01:48 PM
 
23,233 posts, read 11,459,452 times
Reputation: 3939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Being how Satan is bound for a 1000 years in the pit during Christ's milleniel reign and was seen walking around the earth earlier in regards to the two trials coming Job's way, I would have to believe that Satan is more than just some bad part of somebody's brain.

The fact that Jesus casted out Legion into a herd of pigs ought to say something about the reality of the existence of the devil and his angels.

Speaking of the devil walking the earth:

The Devil's Footprints | Mysterious Britain & Ireland

I'm sure everyone has heard every once in a while whenever someone enter the room, the phrase: "Speaking of the devil...." which of course wasn't the actual devil but referencing whom they were just talking about.

Or when you are saying something and the listener interrupts with, "The devil you say!!"

All in all, there would be no point in referencing Satan or the serpent unless it was a seperate entity apart from man, being how Satan entered Peter and Judas at different times, thus not a part of them.
I will not contend with you on such matters Enow . . . we are on different "intellectual planets." But We believe in Jesus and His Good News message of love and salvation . . . which should be enough as long as we "love God and each other."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
 
Location: RI
19,445 posts, read 9,583,719 times
Reputation: 1355
I think it's reasonable to believe that our old nature which we inherited from the fall of Adam is actually Satan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 02:27 PM
 
1,492 posts, read 1,412,006 times
Reputation: 237
I believe God's creation in Adam and Eve was perfect and without flaw.It was for this reason they could live without fear of disease,birth defects,or death.That's what made the garden of Eden what it was...perfection.
Now consider that Adam and Eve were created with the perfect human genome,and God does not create that way,then it was clearly satan who interfered with God's original plan and messed it up.therefore,YES,satan does exist and he is real.and YES,he did fool Eve.Adam essentially making it out to be Eve's fault does not lessen this fact.JMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 02:30 PM
 
143 posts, read 24,975 times
Reputation: 93
"How well do you think you know who Satan is? "

Huh? Has it been confirmed that he even exists? =/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 2,830,137 times
Reputation: 855
I've read some interesting writings which suggest that satan is our flesh and all its lusts, working against the Christlife which must arise in each of us. Very interesting to consider, especially since Christendom still doesn't seem to have a hold on themselves, let alone any "external" enemies..

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2010, 03:07 PM
 
143 posts, read 24,975 times
Reputation: 93
So Brian, if one doesn't believe in Christ or any of the teachings of Christianty, how do the dynamics change? What is it working against, or has anyone who doesn't believe in Christ already succombed to Satan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top