U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 AM

28,014 posts, read 15,102,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sorry, but I'll go with the Bible on this one. Read on, and you will see there is no way the serpent was Adam.

Eve says "the serpent deceived me". She did not say "Adam deceived me".

13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

Then God talks them one at the time. Why would he do that, if Adam was the serpent?

First he talks to the serpent, and says the seed of the woman will crush his head. He refers to Jesus crushing the head of Satan.

14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this,
"Cursed are you above all the livestock
and all the wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel."

And then God talks to the woman"

16 To the woman he said,
"I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing;
with pain you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you."

And then he talks to Adam. Now, this would be unnecessary if Adam ans serpent was one and the same, since he already talked to the serpent.

17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field. 19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."

Good point...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM

28,014 posts, read 15,102,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Being how Satan is bound for a 1000 years in the pit during Christ's milleniel reign and was seen walking around the earth earlier in regards to the two trials coming Job's way, I would have to believe that Satan is more than just some bad part of somebody's brain.

The fact that Jesus casted out Legion into a herd of pigs ought to say something about the reality of the existence of the devil and his angels.

Speaking of the devil walking the earth:

The Devil's Footprints | Mysterious Britain & Ireland

I'm sure everyone has heard every once in a while whenever someone enter the room, the phrase: "Speaking of the devil...." which of course wasn't the actual devil but referencing whom they were just talking about.

Or when you are saying something and the listener interrupts with, "The devil you say!!"

All in all, there would be no point in referencing Satan or the serpent unless it was a seperate entity apart from man, being how Satan entered Peter and Judas at different times, thus not a part of them.
It dies not say that the Satan entered Peter as it did Judas...

Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 PM

467 posts, read 369,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Hi Dogknox - Satan is a term that is a reference to the overall disobedient nature of man. The term "demons" often denote evil parts of that disobdient nature. For example, if someone bears false witness we could therefore say that person has the demon that causes them to bear false witness. So many of us have many demons that need exercised - REMOVED from us. To remove them requires that we IDENTIFY that we have these problems to begin with and recognize the damage they cause us in the realm of universal love.
Hello trettep I hope you are well..
I reply: Christians believe the scriptures!
Christians have always taught there is "Demons and Satan"!
Matthew 12:43
“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.

trettep Going through arid places seeking rest!!
Matthew 12:43 (above) tells us.. "This unclean spirit, has it' own will" it has it's own mind.. SEEKING rest!!

You said..
Quote:
The term "demons" often denote evil parts of that disobdient nature.
19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Luke 22:31
“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat.

Revelation 20:1
And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

trettep So by your way of thought... "The disobedient nature of man" is bound for a thousand years!!??
Yeah right!!

Last edited by june 7th; 04-05-2012 at 08:04 AM.. Reason: Please refrain from using 'red' as it is reserved for mod cuts within threads. Any other color is okay. Thanks!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:40 PM

120 posts, read 102,398 times
satan is your doubts , your fears, you insecurities, you lack of trust in Life itself..

each breath is taken care of,

fix your eyes on your creator, and know that he takes care of you..pay no mind to the deceitful thoughts that fight for your attention. satan can only enter through your mind with negative thoughts.

the Most high made you and gives you breath each day and he provides for you all the days of your life.. trust that and Live

Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
satan is your doubts , your fears, you insecurities, you lack of trust in Life itself..

each breath is taken care of,

fix your eyes on your creator, and know that he takes care of you..pay no mind to the deceitful thoughts that fight for your attention. satan can only enter through your mind with negative thoughts.

the Most high made you and gives you breath each day and he provides for you all the days of your life.. trust that and Live
littlemagician I ask: You believe there is a evil spirit named "Satan"!? Yes or No!

Dogknox

Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
littlemagician I ask: You believe there is a evil spirit named "Satan"!? Yes or No!

Dogknox
There is a force that we cannot deny.. whether you want to call him satan or whatever. i guess that is a choice of belief.

The name of this thing/force or whatever other word we use to label it isnt really that importnat.. its more important that we know who we are and stand firm in Truth. so that no other "force/thing that is not natural to use can lead us astray and make us struggle and suffer ..

WE are LIfe - naturally without tryin.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM

55,709 posts, read 74,719,468 times
95% of the time it comes as my own thoughts. 95% of the time the threat of evil comes from within.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
95% of the time it comes as my own thoughts. 95% of the time the threat of evil comes from within.
where do your thoughts come from?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
There is a force that we cannot deny.. whether you want to call him satan or whatever. i guess that is a choice of belief.

The name of this thing/force or whatever other word we use to label it isnt really that importnat.. its more important that we know who we are and stand firm in Truth. so that no other "force/thing that is not natural to use can lead us astray and make us struggle and suffer ..

WE are LIfe - naturally without tryin.
littlemagician Happy Easter!
I reply.. You say:
Quote:
The name of this thing/force or whatever other word we use
God says.. "SATAN"!
God says.."Demon"!

It has a NAME!
Christians have always named it; "Satan"!
Christians believe the scriptures, they believe God!
WHY..
Why do you refuse to call the head of the "EVIL" demons by name!?

Dogknox

Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
littlemagician Happy Easter!
I reply.. You say:
God says.. "SATAN"!
God says.."Demon"!

It has a NAME!
Christians have always named it; "Satan"!
Christians believe the scriptures, they believe God!
WHY..
Why do you refuse to call the head of the "EVIL" demons by name!?

Dogknox
I am here as a non partial witness.. These names are used to descirbe somthing that we can not ever fully understand..
but this label also comes with conditions thta are attached to them, propaganda and miseducation..
if we can see life from clear eyes and not label everything.. then maybe we can learn the lessons that come with each breath we are given. instead we carry conditions of the mind( taught to us through over growing as human being- by parents, school, media ect) if we were to clean out/empty who we think we are and truly Be who were are without conditioning.. we open our minds to all the differnence and not be judgmental in our thinking.

i am not the judge, i dont claim to have some hidden truth that can only been learned by a chosen few,
I have learned that by unlearning what i have be programmed to learn.. i can truly appreciate who lives through us daily.. which each breath that we take is a blesing and is an opportunity to allow good to be done through us.. but as we label everything ( as we are taught to do) we block much of the beauty that is hidden by our limited vision

all i am pointing to is for us to search oursleves and open the eyes inwarly to see what is there.. empty the mind of the learned wordlly knowledge that divides us and let the truth shine from within onto the earht for all to see.

Ps- Happy easter to you and your family\
bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity