Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,322,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In other words, you are saying that man is only that of flesh and blood?

1 Corinthians 15:50
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

"The act of persuading does not require physical entry or a loaded gun."
No that is not what I am saying brother. Man is made up of spirit, soul and body.

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now if our spirit, soul and body is satan then that scripture is telling us that satan is to be preserved blameless until the comming of our Lord.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
On the contrary Pneuma, it is a good thing if we recognize that WE are Satan. Satan is indeed a reference to spirit. It is specifically a reference to the disobedient nature of man. It is a nature that caters to the SELF to give the flesh its pleasure and desire. So when we read that Jesus was sent to destroy the works of the Devil - those are OUR Works that Jesus came to destroy.

If there is NO MAN, there is NO SATAN. SATAN does not exist apart from man. For it takes the disobedient nature of man for SATAN to exist since that is what Satan is.

Nonsense, Jesus was not disobedient yet satan spoke and tried to entice Him. So what part of Jesus is satan?

You might believe you are satan Paul, but I am a child of the King.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:48 AM

467 posts, read 464,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemagician View Post
I am here as a non partial witness.. These names are used to descirbe somthing that we can not ever fully understand..
but this label also comes with conditions thta are attached to them, propaganda and miseducation..
if we can see life from clear eyes and not label everything.. then maybe we can learn the lessons that come with each breath we are given. instead we carry conditions of the mind( taught to us through over growing as human being- by parents, school, media ect) if we were to clean out/empty who we think we are and truly Be who were are without conditioning.. we open our minds to all the differnence and not be judgmental in our thinking.

i am not the judge, i dont claim to have some hidden truth that can only been learned by a chosen few,
I have learned that by unlearning what i have be programmed to learn.. i can truly appreciate who lives through us daily.. which each breath that we take is a blesing and is an opportunity to allow good to be done through us.. but as we label everything ( as we are taught to do) we block much of the beauty that is hidden by our limited vision

all i am pointing to is for us to search oursleves and open the eyes inwarly to see what is there.. empty the mind of the learned wordlly knowledge that divides us and let the truth shine from within onto the earht for all to see.

Ps- Happy easter to you and your family\
bless
littlemagician you say "Empty the mind".
I say.. Before us has come a long line of people that have LEARNED!!
You find a "wise old man" ... Then you have found a person who has made a lot of mistakes in his life! People learn from mistakes!

Trouble is.. No one wants to listen to the "Wise old man" they think it is better to go off and make their own mistakes... In other words, they are too stupid to listen to the WISDOM these learned people have to give !!

I say: Listen to the CHURCH!!!
I say: "The CHURCH is the Pillar and the foundation of truth!"
I say this (above) because; GOD has said the same thing!!
Christians believe the words of God!
I do NOT have to search out for myself, to see if God lied!!! I believe "HIM"!!

Matthew 18:17
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

littlemagician "A PAGAN" is a person OUTSIDE of God' body! He is NOT God' child!

1 Timothy 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

You said..
Quote:
These names are used to descirbe somthing that we can not ever fully understand..
but this label also comes with conditions thta are attached to them, propaganda and miseducation..
I reply.. YES you are 100% right, the Label God gives Satan is; "EVIL"!!!! God' LABEL is wrong... "Satan is as pure and sweet as a five month baby!" Satan loves all men and try's to help all!

littlemagician QUESTION: If someone tells you... "Don't touch the stove burner, I just turned it off, it is still very hot!"
Are you going to reject these words of warning and "Touch the burner"!??

"Hot Burner", is a description!
"Hot Burner", I understand FULLY!!!!

littlemagician You must trust something or you would not have any kind of a life!
Why not trust "God"!!?

Dogknox

Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 PM

63,426 posts, read 39,679,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
littlemagician you say "Empty the mind".
I say.. Before us has come a long line of people that have LEARNED!!
You find a "wise old man" ... Then you have found a person who has made a lot of mistakes in his life! People learn from mistakes!

Trouble is.. No one wants to listen to the "Wise old man" they think it is better to go off and make their own mistakes... In other words, they are too stupid to listen to the WISDOM these learned people have to give !!

I say: Listen to the CHURCH!!!
I say: "The CHURCH is the Pillar and the foundation of truth!"
I say this (above) because; GOD has said the same thing!!
Christians believe the words of God!
I do NOT have to search out for myself, to see if God lied!!! I believe "HIM"!!

Matthew 18:17
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

littlemagician "A PAGAN" is a person OUTSIDE of God' body! He is NOT God' child!

1 Timothy 3:15
if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.

You said..
I reply.. YES you are 100% right, the Label God gives Satan is; "EVIL"!!!! God' LABEL is wrong... "Satan is as pure and sweet as a five month baby!" Satan loves all men and try's to help all!

littlemagician QUESTION: If someone tells you... "Don't touch the stove burner, I just turned it off, it is still very hot!"
Are you going to reject these words of warning and "Touch the burner"!??

"Hot Burner", is a description!
"Hot Burner", I understand FULLY!!!!

littlemagician You must trust something or you would not have any kind of a life!
Why not trust "God"!!?

Dogknox
I know that your sick religious bigotry is not your fault . . . it is the result of the evil indoctrination you have received from your religious leaders. But it is still sick bigotry and has no place in the heart or mind of a Christian who truly follows Christ. Christ did not come to found an exclusive club for members only. He came to repair our species pitiful and evil inability to love and avoid sin. You exhibit the same corrupt understanding of God that seems to guide the so-called religious leaders of your church. They have been corrupt and evil from the earliest days of the Papacy and seem not to have learned a thing about Christ in all that time.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,174,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
If man keeps battling his FLESH and BLOOD (the life of the flesh is in the blood) man will never over come, for he is using all his energy to battle the wrong enemy.

Just ask yourself this question: how many of you have overcome by battling the life of the flesh?
Quote:
In other words, you are saying that man is only that of flesh and blood?
Quote:
No that is not what I am saying brother.
Man is made up of spirit, soul and body.
That's what I thought, too.

Quote:
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Interesting verse:

"I pray to God, that your whole Spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless..."

Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Nonsense, Jesus was not disobedient yet satan spoke and tried to entice Him. So what part of Jesus is satan?
This is also interesting? Do not men attempt to entice, other men?

"In order for people to be enticed; they would have to be tempted."

Old 04-06-2012, 09:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,843,371 times
Quote:

You might believe you are satan Paul, but I am a child of the King.
What King is that?....

Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
This is also interesting? Do not men attempt to entice, other men?

Ah but then does the temptation come from within or from without?

So what part of Jesus was satan?

Was it his mind?
Was it his flesh?
Was it his soul?

Was Jesus having a psychotic episode, seeing and talking to thinks that are not really there?

Or did Caesar take Jesus up into the mountain and offer him all the kingdoms of the world if Jesus would only bow to him?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What King is that?....
Nice

Old 04-06-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
"I pray to God, that your whole Spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless..."
Quote:
Do not men attempt to entice, other men?

Quote:
Ah but then does the temptation come from within or from without?

So what part of Jesus was satan?

Was it his mind?

Was it his flesh?
Was it his soul?

Was Jesus having a psychotic episode, seeing and talking to things that are not really there?

Or did Caesar take Jesus up into the mountain and offer him all the kingdoms of the world if Jesus would only bow to him?
Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.

Hebrews 5:2
He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness.

Ephesians 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Men attempt to exalt themselves, lording over others in their own ignorance."

Peace, be with you my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity