U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,560,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Lifer lighten up a bit bud, who says they bought the field before Judus hung himself? for all we know Judus hung himself and the priest bought the field afterward which is probably why they called it the field of blood.
I'm plenty lightened up.Why do people say this?I am having a discussion,nothing more.But I still make my points.Don't judge others state of mind.

If you want to believe all that stuff,fine with me.It is simply not very logical or likely,that's all.If you add up all the "maybe it happened this way" there are a whole lot of them to make yourself believe in.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:42 PM

63,179 posts, read 34,417,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Fin if you know the history of the bible Paul wrote his writings BEFORE all the others except James. Therefore, when Paul stated this the ONLY scriptures available were the Old Testament scriptures and the writings of James.
So, you believe only the OT is inspired by God, and Paul's writings up to that verse, and then God pulled the plug? No, everything is inspired by the Holy Spirit from Genesis to Revelation.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:45 PM

6,913 posts, read 4,240,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
I'm plenty lightened up.Why do people say this?I am having a discussion,nothing more.But I still make my points.Don't judge others state of mind.

If you want to believe all that stuff,fine with me.It is simply not very logical or likely,that's all.If you add up all the "maybe it happened this way" there are a whole lot of them to make yourself believe in.
Lifer when you said

You believe that if you want.

It sounded like you were becoming frustrated

But obviously not, that is one of the biggest problems with internet talking its hard to know whether one is upset, mad etc. Heck I'm great at it most think I am mad all the time

I think I added it all up in a pretty simple fashion, very easy to understand.

But hey that's me you don't have to agree with it.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:46 PM

159 posts, read 150,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you believe only the OT is inspired by God, and Paul's writings up to that verse, and then God pulled the plug? No, everything is inspired by the Holy Spirit from Genesis to Revelation.
If so, what's your position on 2 Maccabees? Catholic and Orthodox think it is inspired, Protestants don't. If the whole Bible is beyond dispute, on what basis Protestants dropped the whole book?

Old 07-12-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
don't add word to what I said

I beleive every scripture is inspired by God, but not everything written in our bibles is scripture.

We are warned by Jeramiah of the lying pen of the scribes and it should go without saying that the scribes are the recorders of scripture.

We also have Jesus' testimony that Moses ADDED to the scriptures.

So if one so great as Moses blundered after this fashion what makes you think all the translators and scribes who translated or wrote things down did not add or take away from the original language.

Justin Martyr in his discourse with Typho the jew belaboured this very fact. The Jews were taking things out of scripture that pointed to Jesus being the Messiah.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by python87 View Post
If so, what's your position on 2 Maccabees? Catholic and Orthodox think it is inspired, Protestants don't. If the whole Bible is beyond dispute, on what basis Protestants dropped the whole book?
also the bible in use at the time was the Septugent and had some of those books the RRC still has. So if Fin is going by that then he should also beleive those books are inspired.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:37 PM

We still haven't even answered how Paul saying that what he is writing ISN'T inspired somehow IS inspired because it is in the Bible.That problem has been studiously ignored or dodged.

Then you have the different genealogies of Jesus.Also,you have different tellings and ending to Christ's sayings in a couple of places.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:41 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,494,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
We still haven't even answered how Paul saying that what he is writing ISN'T inspired somehow IS inspired because it is in the Bible.That problem has been studiously ignored or dodged.

Then you have the different genealogies of Jesus.Also,you have different tellings and ending to Christ's sayings in a couple of places.
Maybe I missed it. Could you tell me what passage of Paul's you are referring to? I know you can see in the scriptures where the disciples were arguing amongst themselves about what was right and what was wrong, but I can't think of the one you are talking about.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Maybe I missed it. Could you tell me what passage of Paul's you are referring to? I know you can see in the scriptures where the disciples were arguing amongst themselves about what was right and what was wrong, but I can't think of the one you are talking about.
I'll have to look it up.I am not big on learning the book,chapter and verse.The content of what is being said is all that is important.When I find it I'll post it.I suspect that most literalists don't know it is even there.That is part of the reason I didn't research it before posting.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 PM

7,813 posts, read 10,713,131 times
This thread is TEMPORARILY CLOSED pending further moderation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or