U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:07 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,285,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
This is one heck of a statement and shows th truth behind UR.

A quick lesson.....if it wasn't for the Holy Writ, we would know nothing of Jesus Christ....nothing. Candlestick and lampstands...mean anything to you?
Yes. We are the Candlesticks and lampstands. The apostles and prophets would be nothing if God hadn't moved through them by His Spirit.
The letter killeth. Doctrine will not save you. Only God's Spirit rising up in man's heart can save him, killing the flesh/devil which is full of envy, bitterness and wrath. We need to understand the difference between the Spirit and the writings given due to the moving of the Spirit. The written Bible doesn't save; it is the Spirit of God which saves. The Word of God, which is not the book on your nightstand, is alive and in man's heart. And He will rise. Christ IN YOU, the hope of glory.
If we don't have the same LIVING testimony rising up in our hearts, then we are still walking in the flesh.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,770,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Mike, your 'truth' is only your opinion, yet in your arrogance I can't find where you have ever refereed to your own belief as your opinion, but your simply and arrogantly decree how things are, but the reality is, it is just your opinion. You are not here to debate, you are here to preach, and it really does nothing to support your opinions.
Mike should read this: http://www.crbaptist.com/sermon/serm...TOKEN=21483555. It's from a Baptist website and has nothing to do with UR.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:40 PM

21,804 posts, read 16,674,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Mike, your 'truth' is only your opinion, yet in your arrogance I can't find where you have ever refereed to your own belief as your opinion, but your simply and arrogantly decree how things are, but the reality is, it is just your opinion. You are not here to debate, you are here to preach, and it really does nothing to support your opinions.
Truth is absolute. It is not open to opinion. What I post here is the absolute truth of the word of God. It is God who has decreed how things are. And He has communicated how things are through His written word. Accept the truth or reject it. Your choice. All who reject the truth are without excuse.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Truth is absolute. It is not open to opinion. What I post here is the absolute truth of the word of God. It is God who has decreed how things are. And He has communicated how things are through His written word. Accept the truth or reject it. Your choice. All who reject the truth are without excuse.
I really hope you'll read everything in the link above, Mike.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Those who end up in hell are there by their own rejection of the truth. And I sleep just fine.
Well, I will give you this. You sleep fine believing people are going to burn in hell, but there isn't a verse in scripture that says that's wrong. It doesn't say anything like this:

"Do not sleep well at night. You should worry about your fellow man being lit on fire forever. Even though they brought this on themselves, you should still be sad that while you will bask in the glory of God's love, those ignorant people you knew on earth will be frying like a chicken at KFC."

It's not in the bible. Wonder why?

Hint: People aren't really going to be lit on fire, Mike.

Or maybe, you think it's not in the bible because it REALLY IS OK not to care what happens to others.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Maybe it is in the bible. Hmmmm.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,700,409 times
We're done here, folks:

THREAD CLOSED.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity