U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,856,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You are so very wrong in your assertions. The point of the message is to herald that everyone's sins have been paid for, and cannot be realized unless a profession in Christ is made. Hell, punishment and destruction are results for not doing so. Those questions are asked, and answered. Whether you want to accept them or not, is entirely up to you. Universalism contradicts the message of confession in this life.

Although we may die.....we will be made alive. This isn't talking about biological death.

God has given His decrees.

No, it's not wrong at all, you are only proving my point since you now are asserting a certain thelological point of view the whole world must obey.

The assertion was that Universalists talk more about eternal hell than those who believe it is a biblical fact. And here you are talking about hell and maintaining that damnation will occur if a certain point of view is not realized by an individual.

Of course, Universalism contradicts the message that only in this life can one accept Christ, it is because the message that one must only in this life is false to begin with.

Last edited by Phazelwood; 07-12-2010 at 11:47 AM..

Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM

32,420 posts, read 21,233,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to YOU that is all they talk about. I only see you claim that to be the case, but I know for a fact that it is a false claim.

What does it prove that I read everything? That I do not disregard important passages. You should never pick and choose passages like you do.
So what you are assuming is because i do not believe how you do i do not read all the scriptures ?

Here's a little challenge for you , pull up just one of your posts that not only talks about the love of God without trying to put it down as being no big deal ,but speaks about how wonderful the love of God is demonstrated to sinners through His son Jesus.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:58 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,451,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You are right, it was developed in the heart of men
No...it was developed in the beginning of all creation...by God.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:02 PM

7,817 posts, read 10,730,149 times
We're done here, folks.

THREAD CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity