Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 01:51 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,399,789 times

Advertisements

Fellow brothers and sisters,

I urge all those considering the extra Biblical view of Universalism, to read this statement by a former Universalist, who could not get around the obviousness of the scriptures and what message is being presented by our Lord Jesus Christ. In doing so, one must question a view that had been deemed heretical by the church, an will continue to do so, unless it conforms to the structure and doctrines that the scriptures itself teaches.

Believe in Christ, in this life, and you are eternally with God.
The message is clear, and the holy Spirit has prevailed on this subject, and will conitune to do so, until a world without end.

"Yes, God is LOVE in the purest most complete form that exists! He is the one who showed us what love is. He has even showed us that love is not without limits. We say, God can do everything,but no, such a statement isn't entirely true. He can only do all his holy will; he cannot do evil! In the same way, His love is specifically toward a world that sits in condemnation; he has paid the price to remove that condemnation, but not all people accept His love and gift of eternal life."

More at link below.

[Moderator cut: blank link

The owner of the website's examination of Universalism below

Universalism

Last edited by june 7th; 07-12-2010 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Re-formatted in order to comply with city-data's copyright rule.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:04 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,350,034 times
Wow, your really scraping. Not much content even when a link would work.

Quote:
Universalists talk about God saving everyone. They're pinning their hopes on God doing this, not necessarily Jesus. Whenever a universalist asks a Christian, "Don't you believe that God has the power and will to save everybody," the focus is on God and not on Christ
Can you find one example of the above from someone on this forum?

You can do better than this, I think.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:07 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,051,699 times
What's the big deal about a former universalist , there are plenty of former ET'ers on here . So Sciota your point is ?

Old 07-11-2010, 02:18 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,566,823 times
I think it's a pretty lame statement. Just seems like a person who is wishy-washy. I bet he's now a Universalist again. People like this just can't make up their minds, it has nothing to do with the credibility of universalism. It stands on it's own with plenty of biblical support.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:40 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,333,044 times
Sciotamicks,
As you may know, I used to believe in ET, or at least tried to.
There were 2 reasons why I cannot accept it; no, three:

1) my own experiences in the Holy Ghost have been of JOY. There is no place for "eternal torment" in joy.
2) when I half-accepted that people were going to hell, I found myself condemning them, and even LIKING to condemn them. This, to me as I see it now, is the devil and hell itself.
3) ET is no less than extortion. Moderator cut: deleted Two choices, for me or against me, give me what I want or "pay the consequences." I don't believe God is this way at all, looking at Jesus.

Blessings to you,
brian

Last edited by june 7th; 07-11-2010 at 06:06 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 05:22 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,399,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post

1) my own experiences in the Holy Ghost have been of JOY. There is no place for "eternal torment" in joy.
2) when I half-accepted that people were going to hell, I found myself condemning them, and even LIKING to condemn them. This, to me as I see it now, is the devil and hell itself.
3) ET is no less than extortion. Moderator cut: Orphaned Two choices, for me or against me, give me what I want or "pay the consequences." I don't believe God is this way at all, looking at Jesus.

Blessings to you,
brian
Hey Brian...to answer your questions as besy as I can as I have had those thoughts as well...we are all human now aren't we?

1) There is joy that you have been selected. You, like me, are the luckiest of all. Spread that joy that others may as well.
2) Why condemn a potential saint....let God handle that.
3) Jesus is the only way man can obtain salvation.
He died for you, so that you MAY be saved.

Blessings to you as well.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-11-2010 at 06:06 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,099,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
1) There is joy that you have been selected. You, like me, are the luckiest of all. Spread that joy that others may as well.
Wow!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:24 PM

63,417 posts, read 39,657,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Hey Brian...to answer your questions as besy as I can as I have had those thoughts as well...we are all human now aren't we?

You mean by warning them about the ET the sadistic God you believe in has waiting for them if they don't??
Quote:
2) Why condemn a potential saint....let God handle that.
Yeah . . . what's an eternity in torment between friends. It's all done in love, right?
Quote:
3) Jesus is the only way man can obtain salvation.
He died for you, so that you MAY be saved.
You have been repeatedly asked for the scripture that states this qualification . . . and you have ducked the question every time.
Quote:
Blessings to you as well.
God Bless and may His love penetrate the doctrine that has imprisoned your heart.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-11-2010 at 09:45 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 09:40 PM

18,190 posts, read 16,756,126 times
I've often wondered, "Why doesn't God just banish the unbelievers to some desert wasteland to wander aimlessly for eternity?" That's be bad enough, but why does He also have to roast them in unbearable fire for all eternity? I often think of that final scene in Terminator 2 where the enemy cyborg is thrashing around in the iron smelt his face contorting into horrible shapes as he flails about in the molten liquid. Why will God demand this of 90% of human life? Can an ET'er answer me that?

Old 07-11-2010, 10:02 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,099,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I've often wondered, "Why doesn't God just banish the unbelievers to some desert wasteland to wander aimlessly for eternity?" That's be bad enough, but why does He also have to roast them in unbearable fire for all eternity? I often think of that final scene in Terminator 2 where the enemy cyborg is thrashing around in the iron smelt his face contorting into horrible shapes as he flails about in the molten liquid. Why will God demand this of 90% of human life? Can an ET'er answer me that?
I saw part of the Wizard of Oz on tv the other day. I thought about how the lion was a coward, and the bible says cowards will be in the lake of fire. The tin man was kind, but didn't have a heart, like nice atheists who don't have a heart for God. Dorothy was "lost." The scarecrow didn't have "knowledge." Toto was just following the crowd. The wicked witch said, "I'll get you my pretty!", and she was poking her burning broom toward them as they retreated in fear. But what did the Wizard of Oz do? He gave each one what they needed to be whole.

I asked God the same questions you asked above, and I believe He answered me. I now believe in my heart that He's like the Wizard of Oz and not the Wicked Witch of the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity