U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 03:07 PM

231 posts, read 278,006 times

Advertisements

I'd appreciate it if UR believers would respond to this thread, I'd rather this didn't turn into another ET versus UR debate

To all the URers, you have my sympathy you cop a backlash from all sides, both from ETers and non-christians alike (and to a lesser extent annihilationists)...the ETers don't acknowledge you as fellow christians and the non-christians don't seem to accept your version of an all loving benevolent God

The question I have to ask is, how can you be so sure that your viewpoint is right though, how can you all be so sure that God is as all loving as you all claim he is, and not the way ETers and non-christians see him as, loving to a chosen select few, to the exclusion of the vast majority of the human race

Although your version of christianity is by far the best, and you seem to show more fruits of the spirit than most other christians (You are more concerned about the fate of your fellow human beings than most others, instead of expecting to be blessed all the time, or hoping to be raptured at any moment)

However, even UR doesn't successfully address the problem of evil and suffering, if God intends to reconcile all one day, why are we forced to live in this world now as it is, with pestilence, disease, suffering, pain, starvation, etc

Last edited by june 7th; 07-11-2010 at 09:41 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 03:23 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,112,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
I'd appreciate it if only UR believers would respond to this thread, I'd rather this didn't turn into another ET versus UR debate

To all the URers, you have my sympathy you cop a backlash from all sides, both from ETers and non-christians alike (and to a lesser extent annihilationists)...the ETers don't acknowledge you as fellow christians and the non-christians don't seem to accept your version of an all loving benevolent God

The question I have to ask is, how can you be so sure that your viewpoint is right though, how can you all be so sure that God is as all loving as you all claim he is, and not the way ETers and non-christians see him as, loving to a chosen select few, to the exclusion of the vast majority of the human race

Although your version of christianity is by far the best, and you seem to show more fruits of the spirit than most other christians (You are more concerned about the fate of your fellow human beings than most others, instead of expecting to be blessed all the time, or hoping to be raptured at any moment)

However, even UR doesn't successfully address the problem of evil and suffering, if God intends to reconcile all one day, why are we forced to live in this world now as it is, with pestilence, disease, suffering, pain, starvation, etc
Hi alisonminnie,
well, I can only speak for myself, I probably see things differently than what other UR people believe on certain things.
I am more and more convinced that the Word/Seed is within every person. This is Christ, and we all must wait for Him to rise up in us, into righteous living. (Not the arguing that's going on here, which I'm feeling quite desirous to leave btw.) Our carnal desires/flesh is the devil, and also Esau, who Jacob allowed to come up first. But the first shall be last. And when we feel and experience the gentle breezes of the Father beginning to move in us, in love, peace towards all people, patience, compassion, etc, then we know that we are becoming more like Him.It must be experiential. Everything else is sand, not the Rock.
The Scriptures are a testimony of the Spirit. The problem with just following a doctrine, is that there is no Spirit in it. So until we can hear the Father moving within us, we can have no true peace. "As many as are LED by the Spirit, they are the Sons of God." Jesus was the first, and His Seed is now in all mankind, and all will see Him rise in due time.

Blessings!
brian

Old 07-11-2010, 03:32 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,238,378 times
Quote:
..."...(You are more concerned about the fate of your fellow human beings than most others..."
Moderator cut: deleted

[/quote=alisonminnie]..."...instead of expecting to be blessed all the time, or hoping to be raptured at any moment)..."[/quote]

...we are blessed...and we do have hope...with eyes wide open!

"Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them." Luke 12:37.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-11-2010 at 06:52 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 04:37 PM

309 posts, read 295,309 times
Quote:
I'd appreciate it if only UR believers would respond to this thread, I'd rather this didn't turn into another ET versus UR debate

Hello alisonminnie,

I thank you for inquiring of our thoughts. Ahigherway's explanation is quite good. I will add my 2 cents though.

It is true that we are attacked on by all sides, and this is nothing less than how we are told, by the bible, we would be treated. I always wondered how Paul would be so 'joyfull' in his suffering, but now I do. We see all too well what Christ meant by "ye will be hated". So that when we are hated, railed at, or despised it only shows more Truth to our eyes and ears.

How can we be 'so sure' as you say? Well, faith is the "substance of things hoped for". We grow in faith just like any other. There is a growing of faith in the ones who are "called" and another growing faith in the ones who are "chosen". Love is very important to me. Love is more important to God though. I have stated many times to many people that when we are WITH God there is NO more Faith and NO more Hope, for Faith will have BROUGHT us to where we had Hoped to be. I believe this is what Paul knew, and that is why he held LOVE as "greater" then both. It is one thing to Love, it is another to BE LOVE. We 'die daily', therefore the more I 'die', the more I am 'sure' that He is most Loving to ALL.

You say.."Although your version of christianity is by far the best". I believe this too, but it is sad that we are so FEW (this too, the bible states). This shows us Truth also, for there are "few that find it". As ahigherway stated though, the 'last will be first'. This to me is a huge thing that is going to happen to all of humanity. A LOVING Father will treat each child differently, for not all children act the same. If one needs more 'chastening' than another, then it will be given, but the out come is the same, for He LOVED THEM ALL. Knowing this, so shall WE. I can see ahigherway's concern about the arguing on this site. I too, may leave because of this. It is telling though to note that Jesus SPOKE to different people with different mannerisms. To ones of coin He speaks of COIN, to ones who sow He speaks of a SOWER, to the one of an orchard a FIG TREE, to a baker LEAVEN, of grapes WINE, the rich MONEY, etc, etc. But to the Pharasee/Scibes He spoke harsh things unto them concerning the LAW an PROPHETS, for their 'seered' minds. Not that He did not love them though. He loves them and STILL loves them. For them to 'come out of Her' takes alot of braking down and destruction, so that they too may 'die' (die daily). But it WILL happen. It would be fewer stripes have they "not known" certain things.

With evil, pain, suffering etc. The bible clearly shows that God sends evil to man. This evil is to 'humble' man (Ecc 1:13). IMO, we are all connected. To show something to a man by taking his child from him, or any other, to SHOW man Truth may not make sense to a 'carnal' mind, but knowing where the child, grandmother, mom, dad, etc. God Created, Owns and CONTROLS all things. He truely knows what He is doing. It is true what ahigherway says. Christ must 'raise up' in a man. The more Christ raises the more the Old Man 'dies'.

I used to hate and despise UR teaching. Most UR's will tell you this. Most will truely tell you that a 'carnal' man's mind truely does have 'hatred' (enmity) with the Spirit mind that battles within him. I hope I have sufficiently expressed my viewpoint on your post.

Take care and with Love in Christ, be well.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:58 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,392,881 times
Quote:

I have asked myself (and God LOL) the same question... Why are we forced to live in this world now as it is...

I also asked why there are diseases in the first place or bacteria, aphids, leaches, mosquitoes... and earthquakes... but these just are. If one simply accepts that there MUST be some good reason why mosquitoes exist then shouldn't we also just accept that suffering and pain.. etc exist and there must be some reason for it?

The only other thing I can offer is that UR isn't really about any afterlife. It is the hope that if all people loved one another without reservation then some of the needless suffering and pain caused by people to other people would cease.

IMO...

BTW - Great question!

Old 07-11-2010, 05:12 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,452,492 times
Thread will remain closed

Last edited by june 7th; 07-11-2010 at 10:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity