U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 06:16 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,721,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Herefornow,
And it's IN YOU already!! HE is THERE! Just let HIM have dominion; the love will come out, and people around you will be healed and drawn. This has been my experience, and I know yours, too.

Blessings,
brian
That's what I'M talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 06:53 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,289,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
That's what I'M talking about.
the Anointing that breaks the yoke!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,491,854 times
Quote:
YIKES!!! I don't allow that around here. Individuals around me get happier and happier. I have a power in me that creates universes (and - of course, so do you).
They usually get happier and happier around me, too. Creating bubbles of light is a good thing.

Quote:
I know enough of you to know you wouldn't purposely spread unwarranted fear. What's obvious is that people project their personal experience onto their world view.
Spreading fear is the last things I want to do. And my thread is certainly not about fear. It's about how the message got lost. My only concern is that even though the really Good News has a chance at being understood and opened up to some of us, it will get mixed in with another agenda, and HAS gotten mixed up with another agenda. When people see a good thing, they usually take it and use it for purposes for which it was not intended, in my experience.

I'm not a full preterist, and I'm also not a typical futurist. I never put everything into a box. I try to keep my spiritual eyes and ears open.

Quote:
I also understand that those of us who have a pessimistic predisposition cannot just turn it off. Maybe I'm deluded in the opposite way I think pessimists are. Some have faith in the power of ignorance - some have faith in the power of love. Maybe both of us are here to experience polar opposites?
I actually don't have a pessimistic predisposition. My mom moved us out of Southern California when I was little partly because of my SUNNY disposition. I was an extremely friendly kid, and she was quite frustrated whenever she took me outside because I was always waving and saying "hi" to everybody. Not an especially good thing to do when serial killers stalk the city and kidnappings are frequent. Southern California in the 70s.

Quote:
Most people know they are missing something. That's not a problem AISI. The problem is people not realizing what is available. All that the Father has is available NOW. I guess with many that's not a reality? It's still a reality whether it's known or not but (of course) is not a present benefit if remaining undisclosed.
I get that. But, what I have learned is that just because you are willing to forgive and unconditionally love other does not mean people are ready or willing to receive it in bent minds. Some people just seem born to lie, deceive, and prey on the weak. And I believe there are more of those kinds of people around than we realize. I also believe that many are going to have to physically die and come into contact with something much more powerful, to wake up. Trying to create paradise on earth while still mortal, weak, and vulnerable is not going to happen. I believe the founders of our country understood that. "A republic if you can keep it," Franklin said.

Quote:
By the way - the murder rate is down in the US. Crime is at it's lowest since the 60's. There are more free democracies in the world than at any other time in history. There is more food to go around than at any other time and each person on earth consumes more food than at any other time. Major plagues and diseases which wiped out entire populations have been largely eradicated.
Yes, murder rates are down. But I'm not talking about the usual murder between men. I'm talking wars and abortions. And free democracies? Well, if freedom means bondage, then, yes. Food? It looks to me as though the food gets distributed very unevenly. I'll leave it at that. Are major plagues and disease that wipe out entire populations down? Yep. Quality of life better? Not in my opinion.

Quote:
Half empty? Worse and worse? Half full - better and better?
It really doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty to me. When Jesus was talking about having the poor with us always, he meant it. He said we only had the light for a short time. It does not matter if we are filled to the brim with food and health if our souls are losing light. And I believe they are.

Quote:
I guess the eye of the beholder is what determines reality?

"This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

This is the new covenant.
I'm a wait-and-see'ist. I don't believe what we see coming around the corner is the light. Not yet. There is another spirit at work on this planet right now and it is not THE light. I believe the full delusion has not been completed and I'm fully convinced that the "light" that is headed for us is really just the finale to our rebellion against the truth.

Am I a pessimist? Nope. I'm just ready, I guess.

I used to hear a stupid argument about seat belts a long time ago, before the seat belt laws went into effect. It went something like this: "I am not going to wear a seat belt." "They can't make me." "They are just trying to encroach on our freedoms." And my reply was this: "So, you are not going to wear a seat belt because it's an attack on your freedom?" "That's a stupid reason not to wear one."

My point is this. Just because some of us come from harsh backgrounds in fundamental Christianity does not mean that the warnings we heard were not valid. I'm not talking about rapture/end-time junk. Not at all. (In fact, my mom, who was a die-hard evangelical type, wasn't even the slightest bit interested in the rapture or end-time stories. She rolled her eyes. She was always a bit of kid at heart).

What I'm talking about is the battle for our minds and souls that is coming. Taking a stand in front of the oncoming crowds of people that are sick of religion and ready to move on into some vague, common denominator of light doesn't feel right. It feels tainted and rebellious.

The light that showed up 2000 years ago faded out a long time ago. What exists now is just humanity trying to feel it's way around in it's own light. The very reason I'm a believer in the Restitution of All Things is because of the emptiness I feel around this planet. Not just in organized religion, but in EVERYTHING. The plastic smiles and outward appearances of light and love coming from the messengers at the top are trickling down to the masses, but I believe that the emperor will be seen for what it is one day; it is a but a wisp of smoke that is going to disappear when the true light blazes in.

Hopeful that at the end of all things, all will be well? Yes. Living in fear? No. Ever pondering.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-13-2010 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 02:48 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,575,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
They usually get happier and happier around me, too. Creating bubbles of light is a good thing.

Spreading fear is the last things I want to do. And my thread is certainly not about fear. It's about how the message got lost. My only concern is that even though the really Good News has a chance at being understood and opened up to some of us, it will get mixed in with another agenda, and HAS gotten mixed up with another agenda. When people see a good thing, they usually take it and use it for purposes for which it was not intended, in my experience.

I'm not a full preterist, and I'm also not a typical futurist. I never put everything into a box. I try to keep my spiritual eyes and ears open.

I actually don't have a pessimistic predisposition. My mom moved us out of Southern California when I was little partly because of my SUNNY disposition. I was an extremely friendly kid, and she was quite frustrated whenever she took me outside because I was always waving and saying "hi" to everybody. Not an especially good thing to do when serial killers stalk the city and kidnappings are frequent. Southern California in the 70s.

I get that. But, what I have learned is that just because you are willing to forgive and unconditionally love other does not mean people are ready or willing to receive it in bent minds. Some people just seem born to lie, deceive, and prey on the weak. And I believe there are more of those kinds of people around than we realize. I also believe that many are going to have to physically die and come into contact with something much more powerful, to wake up. Trying to create paradise on earth while still mortal, weak, and vulnerable is not going to happen. I believe the founders of our country understood that. "A republic if you can keep it," Franklin said.

Yes, murder rates are down. But I'm not talking about the usual murder between men. I'm talking wars and abortions. And free democracies? Well, if freedom means bondage, then, yes. Food? It looks to me as though the food gets distributed very unevenly. I'll leave it at that. Are major plagues and disease that wipe out entire populations down? Yep. Quality of life better? Not in my opinion.

It really doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty to me. When Jesus was talking about having the poor with us always, he meant it. He said we only had the light for a short time. It does not matter if we are filled to the brim with food and health if our souls are losing light. And I believe they are.

I'm a wait-and-see'ist. I don't believe what we see coming around the corner is the light. Not yet. There is another spirit at work on this planet right now and it is not THE light. I believe the full delusion has not been completed and I'm fully convinced that the "light" that is headed for us is really just the finale to our rebellion against the truth.

I used to hear a stupid argument about seat belts a long time ago, before the seat belt laws went into effect. It went something like this: "I am not going to wear a seat belt." "They can't make me." "They are just trying to encroach on our freedoms." And my reply was this: "So, you are not going to wear a seat belt because it's an attack on your freedom?" "That's a stupid reason not to wear one."

My point is this. Just because some of us come from harsh backgrounds in fundamental Christianity does not mean that the warnings we heard were not valid. I'm not talking about rapture/end-time junk. Not at all. (In fact, my mom, who was a die-hard evangelical type wasn't even the slightest bit interested in the rapture or end-time stories. She rolled her eyes. She was always a bit of kid at heart).

What I'm talking about is the battle for our minds and souls that is coming. Taking a stand in front of the oncoming crowds of people that are sick of religion and ready to move on into some vague, common denominator of light doesn't look like fun to me. And the light that everybody is after doesn't feel right. It feels tainted and rebellious.

The light that showed up 2000 years ago faded out a long time ago. What exists now is just humanity trying to feel it's way around in it's own light. The very reason I'm a believer in the Restitution of All Things is because of the emptiness I feel around this planet. Not just in organized religion, but in EVERYTHING. The plastic smiles and outward appearances of light and love coming from the messengers at the top are trickling down to the masses, but I believe that the emperor will be seen for what it is one day; it is a but a wisp of smoke that is going to disappear when the true light blazes in.

Hopeful that at the end of all things, all will be well? Yes. Living in fear? No. Ever pondering.
Evil abound...let's look for the good, for it is rare...

Old 07-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Not bad advice, ans57. Thank you.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Here, back to the OP, Hanson describes how the world viewed death BEFORE Christ, and how Christ defined death, which was an entirely different view from the pagan world. The pagan and superstitious view of death was an ugly and fearful one, and I really don't believe the Hebrews had any such view.

Paragraphs below from:

Universalism, the Prevailing Doctrine of the Christian Church During its First Five Hundred Years

For before the coming of Christ death used to be called death, and not only so, but Hades,

but after his coming and dying for the life of the world, death came to be called death no longer,but sleep and repose."

Old 07-13-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Taking a stand in front of the oncoming crowds of people that are sick of religion and ready to move on...
Your statement above is the best news I've heard in a long time.

I think it's very important to understand that the masses are like lost sheep, not evil villains. It's a system which blinds the minds that we (agape lovers) are in contention with. God is reconciling the world into light and nothing can stop that.
Quote:
...into some vague, common denominator of light doesn't look like fun to me.
I urge you to see the fun it can be. There is nothing vague about compassion, which is the root of all good.

If we don't believe we can free the prisoners then all is lost and Jesus' message of the meek inheriting the earth is a myth.

Quote:
but I believe that the emperor will be seen for what it is one day; it is a but a wisp of smoke that is going to disappear when the true light blazes in.
AISI - People like you need to lead, not wait for 'one day'. You ARE the day and a child of the day. A profound verse comes to mind when reading all this "For the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light".

I'm not even saying you are off about the need for a sudden explosive transformation. One thing I'll say - the 'future' is a myth. There is only an eternal now which we all inhabit. Something to think about.

I TOTALLY believe you when you said you create a "light bubble" where ever you go. You create light here on this forum. Picture thousands of us creating those all around the globe.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I actually don't have a pessimistic predisposition.
Yet, our mental state can be driven into pessimism if we lose hope. Agreed?
Quote:
Trying to create paradise on earth while still mortal, weak, and vulnerable is not going to happen.
Only our bodies are weak and mortal. Ultimately. Paradise is within you - the key is to let it get out, escape a bit. Which it does. From time to time...
Quote:
And free democracies? Well, if freedom means bondage, then, yes.
Really? I know I'm spoiled - having been a free man from birth till now - and I do understand that we are the fortunate minority.
Quote:
It really doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty to me. When Jesus was talking about having the poor with us always, he meant it.
There will always be poor people - perpetually throughout all eternity?
Quote:
He said we only had the light for a short time. It does not matter if we are filled to the brim with food and health if our souls are losing light. And I believe they are.
This is identical to end time defeatist attitudes. It's basically claiming that God is powerless to free people, and that we are powerless to open people's eyes and the fact that all sin is forgiven means nothing. Is that really what you believe?
Quote:
What is truth?
Quote:
I think you are an optimist who has lost hope. You are actually a part of the solution. Thus this thread which is to point to the heart of Jesus and the original intention of the good news for all people, glad tidings of great joy, the comforting of ALL who mourn.

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

When the sons "wake up" to reality, REAL reality , then it's 'game over' for evil.

Last edited by firstborn888; 07-13-2010 at 04:36 PM..

Old 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
OR your perception may be a victim of the system. Here's an anonymous comment I ran across which expresses it well:

Quote:
"The difference today is mass worldwide communication and the emphasis on reporting bad news. And what is noteworthy news…mostly the evil and abnormal behavior occurring anywhere in the world. So we over report evil actions; under report good news; and thus the exaggerated perception that all news is bad news.

But it is not true that all news is bad news. We need to individually seek out and only observe what is in front of our faces, in our own neighborhoods, to recognize that most news is good news, just not “news worthy”.
Also - there IS a dark obsession with bad news and aberrant behavior and that's why it pays for the news to do those stories 24/7.

Maybe all you guys need to move down here to south Texas. There is good all over, people helping people. The rare events are the evil ones. Maybe the light is more powerful after all. No?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:02 PM

Hi, firstborn. Thanks for all your replies. I'm out running some errands, but I'll get back to you in a bit.

(an optimist who lost hope. Hmmm.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or