U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 PM

697 posts, read 914,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
I have read enough of your comments to realise that you are under legalism and that you are still wearing your own filthy robe. And that will exclude you from being allowed to enter the wedding banquet.
I think you have me confused with someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:14 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,573,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
People who rely on their own deeds and efforts and works to be saved and/or remain saved need to repent and come completely to Christ and accept HIS righteousness ans stop relying on their own which are like filthy rags.

Romans 10:3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.
I agree.

Quote:
I have read enough of your comments to realise that you are under legalism and that you are still wearing your own filthy robe. And that will exclude you from being allowed to enter the wedding banquet.

The invitation is out... everyone is being invited to a wedding banquet which is soon to occur. But millions will try to enter, but will be refused, because they relied on their own works and their own Commandment keeping and personal works to get into the banquet.

In other words, they tried to work for their place at the wedding banquet, not realising that it is a free invitation on the condition they wear the free garment that Jesus is offering.

Most people, including yourself, have willfully and consciously refused to accept His robe and as a result, you will not be able to enter.

So, only those who "drape" themselves and fully clothe themselves in Jesus' FREE robe of righteousness will be allowed to enter the coming wedding banquet. But those who view themselves, their Sabbath and Commandment keeping to be saved and to give them permission to enter the banquet, will not be allowed to enter. Only those who wear the FREE Garment from Jesus may enter.

THE ONLY requirement to be saved is place faith in Jesus. Think about this carefully, let's reason together, Isa 1:18. If you had to do something outside of faith in Jesus, then salvation cannot be by grace and it cannot be a gift, for then you have 2 people who contributed to your salvation, Jesus + the works you did. But that leads to some major problems.. 1. Then Jesus' Birth, Life and Death, shedding of blood is NOT enough for salvation, that means you need to add to what He did to save yourself. 2. Then the thief on the cross or a dying person on their deathbed cannot be saved, because they never had a chance to do works to contribute to their salvation.

One gospel, same gospel, salvation by free grace, applies to everyone. Amen.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.
I reckon that is to me and not just Verna Perry?

I believe the shedding of blood is enough to present me as holy, unblameable, and unreproveable in His sight.

And I also believe that every believer should be wary about how they build on that faith. 1 Corinthians 3:10-23 speaks of God destroying that temple that is home to the Holy Spirit, reiterating that this carnal believer belongs to Christ's and Christ's is God's. Then we see a warning given out to believers again in Hebrews 12:1-29 speaking of that same fire that God the Father will chasten every child He receives.

So yes: there is labouring in unbelief that will cause some believers to fall short of that rest: Hebrews 4:1-3,9-11 as believers being naked of their faith in Christ which is their wedding garment and there will be believers that are throwing away that first inheritance for wild living like the prodigal son:

Galatians 5: 19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6: 9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 12All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

So there is a race to run and that is to be that vessel unto honour in God's House, but by looking unto the author & finisher of our faith to win.

2 Timothy 2:10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. ..... 15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. 24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity