Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:45 AM

66 posts, read 74,860 times

Advertisements

do you guys ever get tired of disagreeing with eachother.. ?
i mean.. i am kinda new to this thread and i pass through every now and again .. and somteimes jus reading some of the debates here makes me tired..and i can feel the tension even through the screen.. the love/ light threads get little or no attention and the debate threads get soo much.

no offense as always... but arent there more important things for us to do ( as "christians') than to debate about god.( yes i know that we all think we have the ultimate truth and have a "desperate need" to share in order to save everyone "else")

i am no one and these are just my opinions.. but(me) being a seeker of truth and righteousness and love.. many debates here just show how not to be.. and show how bad "reliogious sects really are.. (sorry to whoever i offend)
i am just passing through once again.. hope everyone has a truly blessed day
maybe we can take just ONE day off of debating and show love no matter wat..but maybe not.

blessings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 07:55 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,858,527 times
Since Jesus spoke of the latter days when many false prophets will cause the falling away from the faith whereas only a few will find that faith and since keeping the faith is the good fight, all you are seeing is another sign of the latter days.

That day of unity will come at the pre tribulational rapture event at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb of those found abiding in Him as the chaste bride kept by Him and presented faultless by Him.

And yet because of the falling away from the faith, judgment will fall on the House of God first so as to restore the wayward to the path of righteousness for His name's sake, thus the foolish virgins will have oil for their lamps and the prodigal sons will discover he is "still" son.

Jesus had questioned Peter three times if he had loved Him and Peter answered three times that he did to which Jesus had responded by saying..."Feed My sheep".

So the lack of unity or the lack of fellowship is the war of principality being engaged here as no believer should be having fellowship with works of darkness but rather reprove them in dtermining the will of God to be found abiding in Him and thus redeeming the time for the days are evil.

Love seeks to correct. It is not love to ignore and allow a brother or sister to wander on in labouring in unbelief or in sin.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,904,840 times
Doesn't bother me at all.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,332,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selinabetrue View Post

no offense as always... but arent there more important things for us to do ( as "christians') than to debate about god.( yes i know that we all think we have the ultimate truth and have a "desperate need" to share in order to save everyone "else")
Hi selinabetrue,
I think it depends on who you ask.
Some people believe that God is not saving everyone, only a few; as a result, they feel the need to convince as many people as possible. Also, some of us are seen as deceivers, and so others tend to want to change us or at least have us stop talking.

I personally believe that Jesus has already reconciled everyone, so I don't feel the need to save everyone, because He has already done it!
What is important to me is to get out the message of Love, because that is God, IMO; and the world needs that message more than anything else.

Blessings!
brian

Old 07-09-2010, 08:11 AM

66 posts, read 74,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi selinabetrue,
I think it depends on who you ask.
Some people believe that God is not saving everyone, only a few; as a result, they feel the need to convince as many people as possible. Also, some of us are seen as deceivers, and so others tend to want to change us or at least have us stop talking.

I personally believe that Jesus has already reconciled everyone, so I don't feel the need to save everyone, because He has already done it!
What is important to me is to get out the message of Love, because that is God, IMO; and the world needs that message more than anything else.

Blessings!
brian
i agreee
the message of love.
And love never needs to argue/debate.. it just is
Have a blessed day.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,854,577 times
Quote:
i mean.. i am kinda new to this thread and i pass through every now and again .. and somteimes jus reading some of the debates here makes me tired..and i can feel the tension even through the screen.. the love/ light threads get little or no attention and the debate threads get soo much.

i am no one and these are just my opinions.. but(me) being a seeker of truth and righteousness and love.. many debates here just show how not to be.. and show how bad "reliogious sects really are.. (sorry to whoever i offend)
maybe we can take just ONE day off of debating and show love no matter wat..but maybe not.

blessings

Yes, it is tiring...and wearying. The endless UR/ET debating has caused A LOT of former CD-forum members to leave...you just don't see them here anymore...

Bud

Old 07-09-2010, 06:32 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,062,708 times
Quote:

blessings
I find it funny that even the threads that are about love or peace or such things turn into debates! I think some people just have a lot of anger issues and it's easier to vent their frustrations online to people they don't know than it is to deal with it with real people. It would be nice if we could all get along and just respect each other in peace - but maybe we would get bored with that, too! Who knows!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:43 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,210,571 times
Quote:

do you guys ever get tired

"The Eyes of June": Never get tired.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:48 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,103,804 times
Reading the "spirits" on this board - a great new pastime of mine.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 PM

22,997 posts, read 34,260,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Yes, it is tiring...and wearying. The endless UR/ET debating has caused A LOT of former CD-forum members to leave...you just don't see them here anymore...

Bud
Yes this is true, I don't don't post as much anymore for this reason. Was is supposed to be a Christianity forum is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity