U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:35 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,043,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
One of my OT faves:

Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. (Micah 7:18-19)
You know Kat this is one of my favorite passages too and contributed to my constant questioning of the ET belief. There are so many scriptures that show us the truth if only we would really read with the Holy Spirit, an open mind and heart. This scripture holds hope and shows God's true nature and I don't care if some argue that this only applies to Israel because I know that it concerns us ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 02:46 AM

8,435 posts, read 8,708,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You know Kat this is one of my favorite passages too and contributed to my constant questioning of the ET belief. There are so many scriptures that show us the truth if only we would really read with the Holy Spirit, an open mind and heart. This scripture holds hope and shows God's true nature and I don't care if some argue that this only applies to Israel because I know that it concerns us ALL.
I agree... more importantly it describes God..

All of these I have posted describe God... AND Since God never changes..

Anyway... some of these I haven't read in so long it is refreshing to read them again.. so I thought I'd post them. If you think of any please post them!

Another of my most favorites in the OT:
Psalm 139:1-6
O Lord, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:36 AM

3,381 posts, read 3,504,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Another one I have found that is enlightening....

Deut. 10:17-18 For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing.

Not the alien part .. LOL
You aren't enlightened by the fact that God loves even the aliens? I believe when God said he was reconciling all, he meant all.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,708,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
You aren't enlightened by the fact that God loves even the aliens? I believe when God said he was reconciling all, he meant all.

I'm sure God loves aliens too... LOL...

Whether or not they are really green is the question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity