U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2010, 03:49 PM
 
162 posts, read 184,034 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Moderator cut: Deleted


YouTube - Are You a Child of the Devil or of God?

Last edited by june 7th; 07-13-2010 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,770,700 times
Reputation: 690
Does God love His enemies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2010, 07:19 PM
 
Location: New England
33,662 posts, read 21,919,428 times
Reputation: 2421
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Does God love His enemies?
This is a very good question .

If we believe God loves His enemies we will reflect that in our lives , if we don't believe he loves His enemies , have a guess how we will be towards those we see has His enemies ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,108,821 times
Reputation: 628
Well do we serve God or the Devil? What kind of Fruit to we bear? Good or Bad?

No ETers or URers just children of God or children of Satan.

I personally prefer God, but we all have sin but who repents and who makes excuses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,546,438 times
Reputation: 843
Child of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2010, 05:45 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,348,874 times
Reputation: 672
Everyone is a child of God be they saint or sinner. The "devil" is just a scare tactic used to force people into submission to man. The "devil" is an excuse to those who refuse to own up to their own disharmonies. The "devil" does not exist as a spirit or a material person. It's an ego trip so that we can blame our errors on someone other than ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2010, 08:33 AM
 
3,553 posts, read 4,535,625 times
Reputation: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Well do we serve God or the Devil? What kind of Fruit to we bear? Good or Bad?

No ETers or URers just children of God or children of Satan.

I personally prefer God, but we all have sin but who repents and who makes excuses?
Good post!

Heyas Robin. Been awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2010, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,108,821 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Everyone is a child of God be they saint or sinner. The "devil" is just a scare tactic used to force people into submission to man. The "devil" is an excuse to those who refuse to own up to their own disharmonies. The "devil" does not exist as a spirit or a material person. It's an ego trip so that we can blame our errors on someone other than ourselves.
When you sin, when we all sin, we do Satans job for him. Blaming him for the sins is a cop out and I take credit for my own sins but they still serve satan and reject God. Everyone does this even the most righteous anytime we rebel even slightly we are not serving God but Satan and this is what Jesus pointed out and said repeatedly "Go and sin no more". Not justify your sin but dont sin anymore and if you do you have Jesus to turn to and repent. "If you commit the least of these things you commit them all" when we rebel we serve Satan even with the smallest rebelion like a little white lie or a little look of our eye. We must control our desires and deny ourselves, take up our cross, and walk with Christ. I know people say, "Its my business and no one else gets hurt" WRONG. That little white lie, if found out and I will be, can hurt another. The little look you give someone, someone may see and make more out of it than you intended. I see people struggle with these things every day and the little stuff adds up to big blowouts. My mother in law is telling a little white lie right now to control my father in law, the light bill is only $137 and she claims it is $336, if my father in law finds out the truth he will be furious. A little white lie. My sister in law cannot even be around another man because her boyfriend will accuse her of cheating, just being in the presence of another man, no looks no nothing. The little things we do that serve Satan and we just blow them off as nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 5,348,874 times
Reputation: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
When you sin, when we all sin, we do Satans job for him. Blaming him for the sins is a cop out and I take credit for my own sins but they still serve satan and reject God. Everyone does this even the most righteous anytime we rebel even slightly we are not serving God but Satan and this is what Jesus pointed out and said repeatedly "Go and sin no more". Not justify your sin but dont sin anymore and if you do you have Jesus to turn to and repent. "If you commit the least of these things you commit them all" when we rebel we serve Satan even with the smallest rebelion like a little white lie or a little look of our eye. We must control our desires and deny ourselves, take up our cross, and walk with Christ. I know people say, "Its my business and no one else gets hurt" WRONG. That little white lie, if found out and I will be, can hurt another. The little look you give someone, someone may see and make more out of it than you intended. I see people struggle with these things every day and the little stuff adds up to big blowouts. My mother in law is telling a little white lie right now to control my father in law, the light bill is only $137 and she claims it is $336, if my father in law finds out the truth he will be furious. A little white lie. My sister in law cannot even be around another man because her boyfriend will accuse her of cheating, just being in the presence of another man, no looks no nothing. The little things we do that serve Satan and we just blow them off as nothing.
From what I have read pertaining to my own beliefs, varioius messages from the Celestials and other enlightened souls who live in the spiritual realm or Heaven if you will, have stated on various occasions that the "devil" and "satan" are two seperate things. Satan served under Lucifer and when brought to trial, spiritual trial, satan went along with Lucifer. Neither one would side with Christ Michael or God so they were both annhilated. They are no more. They have ceased to exist.
The devil, on the other hand, never existed and was made up by mankind. There is no little red man with a pitchfork or anything else for that matter. He doesn't take people to hell and keep them burning there for all eternity.

I explained that because the OP was about the devil, not satan. The "devil" is an excuse for people to sin or do things that are not in harmony with God. We are each accountable for every action or reaction to an action. We reap what we sow. Plain and simple. To blame our actions on another is a copout, in my opinion. No devil or satan is responsible for our lack of harmony. It is our own ego that is out of balance.

We are all children of God even if we are the vilest of sinners and if anyone tells you different then they are not in harmony with God and His laws. They will reap those nasty little lies upon themselves for destroying another soul with such false beliefs. WE reap what WE sow. We can blame no one for our own actions and no one will pay the bills for us. It is up to us to become the love that we were created for. If not, we will reap nonloving acts upon ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,108,821 times
Reputation: 628
Adversary, no matter what name you give it; Satan, Devil, Lucifer, You, Me, if we are rebelling agains God we are His adversary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:52 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top