U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 AM

593 posts, read 652,677 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Mr5150
So let me get this straight.

Another poster made a point that really struck me. He/She said that it appears that universalism teaches that all will be saved in time. It really doesn't matter whether or not you accept Jesus in the end. We'll all be in the same place. Accepting Jesus just makes the process a bit easier. You just avoid a few 100 or 1000 years of refining by fire. And really what's a 1000 years in the light of eternity? Just a flash.

Seems like it really doesn't matter if you trust Jesus per the UR folk. Jesus just makes the process of being with God a bit easier. Not necesary, just easier.

Dang. I think I'll quit church, Jesus and God and live asccording to the flesh. No point in trusting in Jesus. I'll see y'all in Heaven.

Don't need Jesus or nothin'. I am saved regardless!

What can wash away my sin?

1. Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
    What can make me whole again?

Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
    • Refrain:

• Oh! precious is the flow
      That makes me white as snow;
      No other fount I know,
  2. For my pardon, this I see,
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
    For my cleansing this my plea,
  3. Nothing can for sin atone,
    Naught of good that I have done,
  4. This is all my hope and peace,
    This is all my righteousness,
  5. Now by this I’ll overcome—
    Now by this I’ll reach my home—
  6. Glory! Glory! This I sing—
    Nothing but the blood of Jesus,
    All my praise for this I bring—

Not to worry......I am just making a point.
Yep...you got it...only you will burn for just an age and an age...or so...nothing big...

God Bless!
Mercy

Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 AM

8,431 posts, read 9,186,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Is it that they are obsessed with hell, or just preaching to keep people OUT of hell?

The first is out of knowledge(biblean) and the other is out of love(Christ).

They do what is commanded, and that includes refuting false doctrines, out of LOVE for their King.
I agree. Telling people that they don't need to accept Christ in this life to be reconciled to God is a dangerous thing.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 AM

8,830 posts, read 10,033,178 times
Hell, hell, hell.........there I said it. Now can we get back to the OP? The lack of understanding of Universalism is so overwhelming in the OP. You must take the time to understand Universalism before you go haphazardly trying to fight against it. The OP has said in other posts and threads that he understands it but it is obvious he does not!! Puleeeze learn something about it without the blinders of ET.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 AM

63,316 posts, read 34,509,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I agree. Telling people that they don't need to accept Christ in this life to be reconciled to God is a dangerous thing.
Indeed. What do the URs have against people accepting Christ? I don't get it.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,563,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Again,you need to show where UR's are opposed to people accepting Christ or be shown to be ...well,you get it.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,635,643 times
Quote:
I don't get your question because no URs I know have anything against people accepting Christ. In fact, that is how all will be saved.

Every knee will bow, every tongue will confess that Jesus is their Lord and Savior - to the glory of the Father.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I don't get your question because no URs I know have anything against people accepting Christ. In fact, that is how all will be saved.

Every knee will bow, every tongue will confess that Jesus is their Lord and Savior - to the glory of the Father.
Of course you and every other UR oppose people accepting Christ.Finn says so.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM

63,316 posts, read 34,509,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You know full well what I am talking about, so don't pretend you don't understand. You believe people will be forced to accept Christ AFTER THEIR DEATHS.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 AM

5,925 posts, read 5,852,366 times
Quote:
You know full well what I am talking about, so don't pretend you don't understand. You believe people will be forced to accept Christ AFTER THEIR DEATHS.

There is such a thing as positive force, the depiction that this force is murderous and wrong simply comes from the minds of those who object that God is truly in control through the force of LOVE.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
And exactly how does this mean that they oppose these same people accepting Christ while they are alive?That is what you have accused UR of.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity