U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2010, 03:53 PM

40,103 posts, read 26,772,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Wow...you are confused...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Wow...you are confused
Quote:
No...you do not know what you are talking about
Quote:
No...you do not know what you are talking about...
Quote:
That is Catholic Purgatory rhetoric...
Quote:
very illogical you are, my precious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope For Tomorrow
Do you know a scripture to back up that Christ's sacrifice is worth it if only one person is saved, my precious?
Who let the fifth graders in here????

Last edited by MysticPhD; 07-14-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

27,997 posts, read 15,078,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So you do believe that Jesus didn't come for anyone but those in ancient times.
That is what Christ said about His Mission Himself...Just goes to show you how ignorant you really are...the House of Israel is not just those at the time, but all the desendants of Israel himself...thus the name HOUSE OF ISRAEL...

1,897 posts, read 1,772,289 times
Quote:
Is Amadán Tú!...
You don't know what you're talking about.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,425,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You did not answer why the use of "SHALL" and "WILL" then? No dodging and presenting irrelevant stuff. We KNOW what will not be allowed in the presence of God. We know the "Dross" will need to be cast out (refined)... But you do not seem to realize you are a continuing eternal (pure energy) "Soul Symphony" . . . not a single physical entity. There are parts of our "symphonies" (moments of our lives) that are discordant (off-key). They must be repented (replayed) in this life or the next because they can NEVER be in the presence of God.
In Christ's love,
Mystic.
What in the world are you talking about Mystic?...shall...?...will...?...You tell me what these two action words have to do with anything concerning every believer's knees bowing...? You brought it up...You explain what You think their usage means! You tell me!..because I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Your ball.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:55 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,841,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I use belief instead of confess since 1 Cor. 12:3 says you won't truly confess unless you have the Spirit - and you don't get the Spirit unless you first believe.
Not disputing that, however, the passage in philippians makes no distinction anywhere that these are anyone but true confessions because it is TO THE GLORY OF GOD THE FATHER.

Quote:

All will eventually believe in the end - some will be in heaven - some will not. You do not get into heaven without the Holy Spirit - and the Spirit is received when we believe. This offer is for those alive on earth until the rapture occurs.
not making an argument that anyone gets into heaven without the spirit and there is no scriptural premise that can be shown that there is an "offer" that is only maintained while alive on earth. This is inference and not to be trusted.

Quote:

It is completely scriptural. Who lives after this life without the cross? The sin debt would be be unpaid - and nobody on their own can pay it.
Not making the argument that anyone can do it on their own. In philippians true confessions are made that Jesus is Lord and is witnessed by the fact that it is to the Glory of God that these confessions are made, since these true confessions are made through the holy spirit then indeed the cross and it's power is thus revealed.
Quote:

This is really your issue in that anything less than 100% salvation is a failure in your opinion. And I suppose one saved life doesn't mean much to you.

You can suppose what you like, however I have no need to entertain your unscriptural emotional ploys in the first place.

The issue is that Jesus was sent on a mission, to be saviour of the world, there is no premise to cause me to entertain anything but 100% success.

Why should I?

Old 07-14-2010, 03:56 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,772,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Where's the gag-me-with-a-spoon smiley when you need it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Who let the fifth graders in here????
Hey, no fair! You left me out!

Old 07-14-2010, 03:59 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,841,942 times
Quote:
That is what Christ said about His Mission Himself...Just goes to show you how ignorant you really are...the House of Israel is not just those at the time, but all the desendants of Israel himself...thus the name HOUSE OF ISRAEL...

I am pointing out that making a context that it is for only the house of israel has no contextual significance if indeed scripture is intended for ALL MANKIND.

And you just made my point.

However, you do not believe that scripture is intended for everyone, yet, you assert foolishly that conveniently, though, you yourself are included.

This is why the contextual avenue in this regaurd is FALSE.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
What in the world are you talking about Mystic?...shall...?...will...?...You tell me what these two action words have to do with anything concerning every believer's knees bowing...? You brought it up...You explain what You think their usage means! You tell me!..because I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Your ball.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
OK . . . if they are ALREADY believers . . . they already DO Bow and Kneel, etc. . . . so it makes no sense for the verses to say they "SHALL or WILL" do so. Therefore it must refer to more than the believers . . . hence the "every" means "EVERY."

In Christ's love,
Mystic

Old 07-14-2010, 04:03 PM

4,346 posts, read 5,723,739 times
Quote:
You were late to class!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Fixed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity