U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:07 PM

40,043 posts, read 26,725,598 times

Advertisements

Hot,

The God you and sciota strive so zealously to defend is not a God in my eyes . . . it is a caricature of an evil and weak egotistical human. How you can not only abide these terrible attitudes and demands but also seem to revel in them is a mystery to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,470,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hot,

The God you and sciota strive so zealously to defend is not a God in my eyes . . . it is a caricature of an evil and weak egotistical human. How you can not only abide these terrible attitudes and demands but also seem to revel in them is a mystery to me.
The God I serve can both create, and destroy. He said it. He may not be a god in your eyes, but it IS the God of the Word, to whom also Jesus was sent BY.

I do not revel in seeing anyone perish, so that is why people spread the message to those who can hear.

How is the attitude terrible? Because we call falsehoods, falsehoods? Is that not we are commanded to do?

I know your intentions are good, but you have discounted the entire OT calling them barbarians. It is the OT which led to Christ, and this is how we KNOW the REAL Christ Jesus, our Lord and King. And yes, Yahweh is His Father. It was His Spirit that gave the revelations to the prophets of old.

Any other wannabe christ, especially those who discount the OT, is not of Christ, but an angel portraying himself as Christ. Yes, it may be what sounds lovely to the ears,,,all this UR talk,,,but it isn't Truth. The Truth is found in the entirety of the Word. Nothing contradicts itself in the Word.

You call this biblians instead of Christians. But it is the Bible where the Bread is found. It is His Word.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 PM

6,387 posts, read 5,286,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Note, the whole verse says it all:

But go ye and learn what meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Understand?

There is another verse later which Jesus quotes the same thing:

But IF ye had known what meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Is it becoming clear yet?

And how can you quote James? It goes against what you say it means by pulling a piece of the verse completey out of context. Here it is plainly:

For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

This is not what you claim it means being a UR believer. His Judgment will not be merciful, to WHOM?? His judgment will be merciful to WHOM?

See a pattern yet?
Yes, there is a pattern: ET preaches no mercy. It then follows that God will have no mercy on them.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-15-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:

You call this biblians instead of Christians. But it is the Bible where the Bread is found. It is His Word.
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Are you hearing the voice of God? Jesus is the Word; He is alive, not laying on your bookshelf. And He's not for sale in bookstores, either.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-15-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, there is a pattern: ET preaches no mercy. It then follows that God will have no mercy on them.

Blessings,
brian
Since I do not believe in ET, your point is moot.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Since I do not believe in ET, your point is moot.
Foot-in-my-mouth smiley here..!

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 07-15-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Are you hearing the voice of God? Jesus is the Word; He is alive, not laying on your bookshelf. And He's not for sale in bookstores, either.

Blessings,
brian
Actually, yes. I have been hearing Him a lot lately, so what is the point? As I read His Word, He has been revealing so, so much through the Spirit. Even spoke to me audibly LOUD while reading Isaiah, because I was nodding off.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Actually, yes. I have been hearing Him a lot lately, so what is the point? As I read His Word, He has been revealing so, so much through the Spirit. Even spoke to me audibly LOUD while reading Isaiah, because I was nodding off.
Good! My point is that if a person isn't hearing God's voice teaching and showing them to walk in the Spirit (joy, peace, love, etc.) then the scriptures cannot be understood, except through the flesh.
The scriptures are dead without the Spirit guiding into all truth. You can use them to say just about anything. Only with the Spirit of God can we understand any of it.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Good! My point is that if a person isn't hearing God's voice teaching and showing them to walk in the Spirit (joy, peace, love, etc.) then the scriptures cannot be understood, except through the flesh.
The scriptures are dead without the Spirit guiding into all truth. You can use them to say just about anything. Only with the Spirit of God can we understand any of it.
Reading the Bible till the cows come home won't help, neither will seminary or studying hebrew. Only the Spirit of God, which moves when we allow Him, will give us understanding.

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-15-2010, 02:17 PM

32,222 posts, read 21,097,983 times
There is nothing remotely scriptual to this .

Jesus obtained and accomplished it by himself without our help

14Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might destroy him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— 15and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. Hebrews 2.

It says He freed those who all their lives were held in slavery by fear of death .

Sciotamick Who are the those the Hebrew writer is referring to ? All ? , or just christians ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or