Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,012,806 times

Advertisements

Here is part of the list of sinners that Perished forever:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Peter
James
Jude
Andrew
Thomas
Phillip
Bartholomew
Simon
James the Less
Mathias
Saul
Barnabas
Clement

And the list goes on and on.

Good company to be in. I hope we all perish for we are all sinners. Thank God for His saving power that shall cause us all to perish that we may arise as members of the Body of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 02:26 PM

9,677 posts, read 9,971,995 times
The old men from these people perished, and went down the drain at their water baptism, but through their new creation through Christ their Spirit will live forever with the Lord God . Glory to God

Old 07-15-2010, 02:38 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,864,090 times
No. These be the sinners that will perish forever.

Revelation 21:8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:44 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,143,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
No. These be the sinners that will perish forever.

Revelation 21:8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
That is what the Book says!

Only those IN Christ will not perish, but have everlasting life.

The rest,,,,shall die.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:54 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,507,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Here is part of the list of sinners that Perished forever:

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Peter
James
Jude
Andrew
Thomas
Phillip
Bartholomew
Simon
James the Less
Mathias
Saul
Barnabas
Clement

And the list goes on and on.

Good company to be in. I hope we all perish for we are all sinners. Thank God for His saving power that shall cause us all to perish that we may arise as members of the Body of Christ.
John 3:15-16-that whoever believes in Him should not perish but[b] have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Perish means to die.

Forever means without end.

Sometimes I wonder if English is the primary/native language of the people who post UR theology.

Or maybe UR folk need to change the meanings of words so their doctrine makes sense in the Light of what the Bible teaches.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Perish means to die.

Sometimes I wonder if English is the primary/native language of the people who post UR theology.

Or maybe UR folk need to change the meanings of words so their doctrine makes sense in the Light of what the Bible teaches.
Right on target.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,182,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
John 3:15-16-that whoever believes in Him should not perish but[b] have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Perish means to die.

What does this verse mean??~~~~~He has destroyed me on every side and I am gone and mine hope has He removed like a tree." (Job 19:10, KJV) (Original word for "perish" and "destroy" is "appolumi.") (Many, many verses talk about being destroyed and then being found or saved)

And this one: An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever: (Deuteronomy 23:3) Really? Forever?

And perhaps this one:
To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you brought my life up from the pit, O LORD my God. (Jonah 2:6) Is Jonah still below the earth or in the pits? (as in, I'm down in the dumps or pits ) (I don't think he was really below the earth somewhere.)

I could go on and on, but this post would get mighty long.

Last edited by herefornow; 07-15-2010 at 07:57 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,107,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I could go on and on, but this post would get mighty long.
Yeah. It could go on forever!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:49 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,182,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Yeah. It could go on forever!

These arguments seem like they go on forever and ever. Explaining the same thing over and over.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:17 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,551,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

These arguments seem like they go on forever and ever. Explaining the same thing over and over.
Start a new thread that is non-debate and soon enough it dies a sad death (Lord knows we've tried)...what do you think makes them go on and on...

Only one survived...and that's because Miss Blue started it, a MOD...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity