U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 05:25 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,319,263 times

Advertisements

Ever notice, too, how man's creations are a "mimicking" of the Father's handiwork? A computer needs "food" (battery/AC) to survive. It needs a fan to keep cool (like our sweating).
The same goes for cars, planes, etc. They need "food," temperature regulation, lubrication, etc. They almost seem to have a "human" component to them!
Probably nothing new, but it's a thought that always intrigues me!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,579,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I suppose that years ago, if anyone could've told Christians that we'd have wireless technology, Internet, blogs, etc, etc.. they would've said that it was "of the devil."

How do you see technology? Is science so "against God?" After all, we can encourage each other to grow in the Lord without even having to meet in one place! And all over the globe!!
Science so falsely called as the evolution theory goes... is against God.

1 Timothy 6:20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

I'm sure you had meant to say technology, rather than science, since technology is what you are basing your OP upon.

As some of the posters here have already stated, it is how you use it that determines the good and bad of it. If one uses it to sow to the flesh: then it is of the flesh you are serving.

One thing I have noticed about televsiion is that it is of the world. If the lust of the eye and the lust of the flesh is not how the focus of the camera is leading the viewers, then the pride of life in the "heroes" accomplishment as in a boasting of the flesh. How many would say that if you were in that situation, you would be praying during that whole ordeal? And yet, these heroes all solve cases and catch the bad guys dramatically as if it is just another day in the office.

I really believe that in how we entertain ourselves, we may be suffering a thief to break through.

Indeed, the security of the internet isn't exactly free of such threats from hackers and viruses. I would have to say that it is symbolic of the spiritual battle with what we watch and hear.

Matthew 6:21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 22The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

1 John 2: 15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

As shows of entertainment glamourize violence and vengeance, leading the viewers to hate the bad guys and want them to get it, they hype up the sex appeal in leading the viewers to want to look upon the object of desire on the screens. If the pride of life is not shown on the attractive women, then certainly in the boast of the flesh in the accomplishment of the heroes. Even the evolution theory is being purported as proven true in some of these series other than the ones that are science fiction.

Psalm 141:4Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works with men that work iniquity: and let me not eat of their dainties.

Sometimes I think we pollute ourselves by what we see and hear when the technology is being geared by man to incline our hearts to an evil thing.

I am reminded by the Lord that He is with me always and so would I be watching this show with Him? Since He is a captive audience, am I offending Him by watching that which displeases Him if it is leading my heart to desire vengeance or desire the woman just from sex appeal or revel in the pride of man? I would have to say yes because I have seen how it has influenced me in attitude and speech and the way I look sometimes to even observe how fit the person is... or how unfit. The influence of the pride of life can go both ways and even including gains in this world as favourable as game shows exhorts, but still, the love of the Father is not in them.

1 Timothy 4: 7But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. 8For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come. 9This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

So what are we using our technology for is the question and because of our fallible nature, I would believe that going to Jesus in prayer for guidance and trusting Him to lead us away from those things that are influencing us is the only way we can see the influence if it is a routine for us to feed our flesh by it.

As always, the Lord would lead us to the study of His words in learning of Him so that our love may grow more and more in the knowledge of Him. One does not need technology to do that since the King James Bible is available, containing the unchnaged meat of God's words so as to discern good and evil by it to reprove the works of darkness that has not only crept into the churches, but into our individual lives as well.

Technology may not be of the devil yet, as it will be used to implement a system for the mark of the beast, but it can be used by the devil to feed our flesh if we are not careful in what we watch and listen to.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:01 PM

3 posts, read 1,582 times
How do i really feel about tecnology ,well in the world of today i truly believe the soul purpose is for convience.But on a more brighter surface of things it's just another face we resemble of secrets,lies,and corrupness. Anything created after what is reality is of our doing not the Gods,if everybody says and think we are so smart like we put ourselves to be than the first smart thing we need to start doing is taking fault for our own actions.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM

3 posts, read 1,582 times
Enow i agree with what your saying ,and i never really absolutly looked at it that way iv been stuborn,lured into this state of mind where temptation continues to attack me.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:26 PM

7,820 posts, read 10,745,261 times
Quote:
How do you see technology? Is science so "against God?" After all, we can encourage each other to grow in the Lord without even having to meet in one place! And all over the globe!!
Even amid all the science and technology there still exists silence, if and when one wants it.

Take gentle care.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,597,902 times
Quote:
Hi all!
I suppose that years ago, if anyone could've told Christians that we'd have wireless technology, Internet, blogs, etc, etc.. they would've said that it was "of the devil."

Curious to hear opinions..

Blessings to all,
brian
"Application" is the crux...how would you view you and I moaning how technology has ruined God's creation, yet continue to use a car instead of walking a mile huh? I certainly am guilty of it...

Old 07-16-2010, 10:18 PM

697 posts, read 919,179 times
Quote:
Ever notice, too, how man's creations are a "mimicking" of the Father's handiwork? A computer needs "food" (battery/AC) to survive.......
They are not man's creations.

I remember years ago in Vacation Bible School being told that God created everything. I argued! I said, no, He didn't. Man made buildings and cars and sky scrapers (I specifically remember saying "sky scrapers" though as a small town Kansas girl, I had never seen any myself.) The teacher attempted to explain man did those things through God, nothing is possible without God, but I didn't get it at the time.

But I get it now. God makes all human inventions possible. Nothing would be made without God. God chooses to reveal advancements in science and technology. That we don't always use those things for good is of our inherently sinful nature, not because of God.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:23 PM

697 posts, read 919,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I believe faith in God is being squeezed out, as more and more of life is explained away by science. We don't have to contend with life in the same way as our spiritual ancestors, and we're collectively much softer, imo.

Air conditioning?

Air conditioning squeezes out God???? LOL - that is just funny!

If anything, we are blessed with an abundance of both education and leisure to ponder God. Our spiritual ancestors were busy trying to keep themselves and their families/herds alive, and had short lives with no retirement years to spend reading and posting on Christian forums, and since they were likely illiterate they couldn't read any holy books either, so yes, I suppose our spiritual life is different today, but possibly not in a bad way.

Old 07-16-2010, 10:27 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,519,231 times
Quote:
Hi all!

Curious to hear opinions..

Blessings to all,
brian
No, science and technology are not so above all. It's the experience of the masses being at information and ambition for the security of first selfishness which made Science with the explaining of these failures in Progress above Man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or