U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,400,347 times
Reputation: 895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Bright Hope for Tomorrow...

I appreciate your concern, I really do...I cry out to God quite often...and have for the past 22 years...and He has revealed His truth to me...just 17 months ago He gave me my answer to what He would require of me to see my salvation...after 20 long, arduous years of believing in false teachings. I always knew, before 17 months ago, there was something missing in what I was being taught...I thought I could sin and repent...sin and repent...sin and repent...sin and repent...I thought I was born again when I first received Jesus into my heart...and everything was good-to-go after that, I WAS SAVED!...I could sin because God would forgive me, because he knew I was nothing but a filthy sinner...so He would understand...so I'd sin some more...all lies.....leading me down a path to my very demise....but God........BUT GOD!!!.....pulled me up and out of that mire of mud!...and His truth is crystal clear to me now...His Word just flows like a mighty rushing river through my heart, cleansing and washing and purifying.....preparing and perfecting...I've never known such a love...such a peace...such a joy.

I believe Him Bright Hope for Tomorrow..everything He says...everything.

God Bless you.
Love,
Verna.

I always used to pray...to beg...for Him to give me a heart that would break for what broke His...to let me see things through His eyes...through His perspective.....He answered it......and it's you He cries for...it's you His heart breaks for...He doesn't want to lose you...any of you....that's why He gave His very best...His son...Jesus Christ....now is the time to accept His gift...not after you die...then it is too late. Blessings to you.
God hates unbelievers and believers who sin yet his heart breaks for them and he doesn't want to lose them so he is crying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-15-2010, 11:34 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,770,732 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Bright Hope for Tomorrow...

I appreciate your concern, I really do...I cry out to God quite often...and have for the past 22 years...and He has revealed His truth to me...just 17 months ago He gave me my answer to what He would require of me to see my salvation...after 20 long, arduous years of believing in false teachings. I always knew, before 17 months ago, there was something missing in what I was being taught...I thought I could sin and repent...sin and repent...sin and repent...sin and repent...I thought I was born again when I first received Jesus into my heart...and everything was good-to-go after that, I WAS SAVED!...I could sin because God would forgive me, because he knew I was nothing but a filthy sinner...so He would understand...so I'd sin some more...all lies.....leading me down a path to my very demise....but God........BUT GOD!!!.....pulled me up and out of that mire of mud!...and His truth is crystal clear to me now...His Word just flows like a mighty rushing river through my heart, cleansing and washing and purifying.....preparing and perfecting...I've never known such a love...such a peace...such a joy.

I believe Him Bright Hope for Tomorrow..everything He says...everything.

God Bless you.
Love,
Verna.

I always used to pray...to beg...for Him to give me a heart that would break for what broke His...to let me see things through His eyes...through His perspective.....He answered it......and it's you He cries for...it's you His heart breaks for...He doesn't want to lose you...any of you....that's why He gave His very best...His son...Jesus Christ....now is the time to accept His gift...not after you die...then it is too late. Blessings to you.
Verna, I can see you really care. One thing I've vented about on this forum is that if hell were real, Christians shouldn't just sit around enjoying life when they should be warning others. Most reply that God doesn't want them to do it for one reason or the other. I wonder a lot how I could have been so passive about it when I believed in ET.

You are an example of what I see as the dilemmna for many people. If you really believe in a literal lake of fire, love your neighbor as yourself, and think about it for longer than a few seconds at a time, it would be impossible to have peace. I know you claim to have peace, but your posts come across quite the opposite. Verna, the bible doesn't teach that you should be going around warning people that they will burn forever if they don't believe in Jesus. It just doesn't. And IMO, the reason is because that's not true.

I respect what you're saying, but maybe God can't show you how He feels because it's humanly impossible for us to experience that. Maybe He answered your prayer by showing you that what breaks his heart is the fear, darkness, and lack of peace that many people have because they believe God will burn people forever. Maybe He's using this time to show you that what breaks His heart is for people to think He hates them and they don't understand His love. Maybe He opened your eyes to see what He sees in the hearts of hurting people, and when you finally realize His love you'll better know how to minister to those in fear and bondage.

Please take this how I meant it, and that's in Christian love.

And don't worry about my salvation. I've been a Christian for almost 40 years! I love God more than I can say. He has been by my side through the long illness and death of my son. He carried me the whole way, and he brought me through with no bitterness or anger or regret. He gave me a miracle of peace and strength. I know you worry about sin a lot. No one is perfect, but I live as sinless as possible. Please don't worry about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 6,419,045 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Verna, I can see you really care. One thing I've vented about on this forum is that if hell were real, Christians shouldn't just sit around enjoying life when they should be warning others. Most reply that God doesn't want them to do it for one reason or the other. I wonder a lot how I could have been so passive about it when I believed in ET.

You are an example of what I see as the dilemmna for many people. If you really believe in a literal lake of fire, love your neighbor as yourself, and think about it for longer than a few seconds at a time, it would be impossible to have peace. I know you claim to have peace, but your posts come across quite the opposite. Verna, the bible doesn't teach that you should be going around warning people that they will burn forever if they don't believe in Jesus. It just doesn't. And IMO, the reason is because that's not true.

I respect what you're saying, but maybe God can't show you how He feels because it's humanly impossible for us to experience that. Maybe He answered your prayer by showing you that what breaks his heart is the fear, darkness, and lack of peace that many people have because they believe God will burn people forever. Maybe He's using this time to show you that what breaks His heart is for people to think He hates them and they don't understand His love. Maybe He opened your eyes to see what He sees in the hearts of hurting people, and when you finally realize His love you'll better know how to minister to those in fear and bondage.

Please take this how I meant it, and that's in Christian love.

And don't worry about my salvation. I've been a Christian for almost 40 years! I love God more than I can say. He has been by my side through the long illness and death of my son. He carried me the whole way, and he brought me through with no bitterness or anger or regret. He gave me a miracle of peace and strength. I know you worry about sin a lot. No one is perfect, but I live as sinless as possible. Please don't worry about me.
May God Bless you on your journey Bright Hope for Tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 12:25 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,489,911 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Verna, I can see you really care. One thing I've vented about on this forum is that if hell were real, Christians shouldn't just sit around enjoying life when they should be warning others. Most reply that God doesn't want them to do it for one reason or the other. I wonder a lot how I could have been so passive about it when I believed in ET.

You are an example of what I see as the dilemmna for many people. If you really believe in a literal lake of fire, love your neighbor as yourself, and think about it for longer than a few seconds at a time, it would be impossible to have peace. I know you claim to have peace, but your posts come across quite the opposite. Verna, the bible doesn't teach that you should be going around warning people that they will burn forever if they don't believe in Jesus. It just doesn't. And IMO, the reason is because that's not true.

I respect what you're saying, but maybe God can't show you how He feels because it's humanly impossible for us to experience that. Maybe He answered your prayer by showing you that what breaks his heart is the fear, darkness, and lack of peace that many people have because they believe God will burn people forever. Maybe He's using this time to show you that what breaks His heart is for people to think He hates them and they don't understand His love. Maybe He opened your eyes to see what He sees in the hearts of hurting people, and when you finally realize His love you'll better know how to minister to those in fear and bondage.

Please take this how I meant it, and that's in Christian love.

And don't worry about my salvation. I've been a Christian for almost 40 years! I love God more than I can say. He has been by my side through the long illness and death of my son. He carried me the whole way, and he brought me through with no bitterness or anger or regret. He gave me a miracle of peace and strength. I know you worry about sin a lot. No one is perfect, but I live as sinless as possible. Please don't worry about me.
Beautiful post, BHFT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 12:29 AM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,668,211 times
Reputation: 1699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Bright Hope for Tomorrow...

I appreciate your concern, I really do...I cry out to God quite often...and have for the past 22 years...and He has revealed His truth to me...just 17 months ago He gave me my answer to what He would require of me to see my salvation...after 20 long, arduous years of believing in false teachings. I always knew, before 17 months ago, there was something missing in what I was being taught...I thought I could sin and repent...sin and repent...sin and repent...sin and repent...I thought I was born again when I first received Jesus into my heart...and everything was good-to-go after that, I WAS SAVED!...I could sin because God would forgive me, because he knew I was nothing but a filthy sinner...so He would understand...so I'd sin some more...all lies.....leading me down a path to my very demise....but God........BUT GOD!!!.....pulled me up and out of that mire of mud!...and His truth is crystal clear to me now...His Word just flows like a mighty rushing river through my heart, cleansing and washing and purifying.....preparing and perfecting...I've never known such a love...such a peace...such a joy.

I believe Him Bright Hope for Tomorrow..everything He says...everything.

God Bless you.
Love,
Verna.

I always used to pray...to beg...for Him to give me a heart that would break for what broke His...to let me see things through His eyes...through His perspective.....He answered it......and it's you He cries for...it's you His heart breaks for...He doesn't want to lose you...any of you....that's why He gave His very best...His son...Jesus Christ....now is the time to accept His gift...not after you die...then it is too late. Blessings to you.
Lots of 'I' in there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 AM
 
5,806 posts, read 4,787,048 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Verna, I can see you really care. One thing I've vented about on this forum is that if hell were real, Christians shouldn't just sit around enjoying life when they should be warning others. Most reply that God doesn't want them to do it for one reason or the other. I wonder a lot how I could have been so passive about it when I believed in ET.

You are an example of what I see as the dilemmna for many people. If you really believe in a literal lake of fire, love your neighbor as yourself, and think about it for longer than a few seconds at a time, it would be impossible to have peace. I know you claim to have peace, but your posts come across quite the opposite. Verna, the bible doesn't teach that you should be going around warning people that they will burn forever if they don't believe in Jesus. It just doesn't. And IMO, the reason is because that's not true.

I respect what you're saying, but maybe God can't show you how He feels because it's humanly impossible for us to experience that. Maybe He answered your prayer by showing you that what breaks his heart is the fear, darkness, and lack of peace that many people have because they believe God will burn people forever. Maybe He's using this time to show you that what breaks His heart is for people to think He hates them and they don't understand His love. Maybe He opened your eyes to see what He sees in the hearts of hurting people, and when you finally realize His love you'll better know how to minister to those in fear and bondage.

Please take this how I meant it, and that's in Christian love.

And don't worry about my salvation. I've been a Christian for almost 40 years! I love God more than I can say. He has been by my side through the long illness and death of my son. He carried me the whole way, and he brought me through with no bitterness or anger or regret. He gave me a miracle of peace and strength. I know you worry about sin a lot. No one is perfect, but I live as sinless as possible. Please don't worry about me.

Bright Hope... Beautifully said. The bold... I truly believe this as well. It does seem that God takes us through things, and when we look back on them, we realize just how much we are NOW better able to help others. (SPECIFIC others... those whose paths we are personally, intimately able to fully recognize and help them... meet them where they are!) It's the silver lining in those grey clouds. It's like it says... He knows the very number of hairs on our heads. HE knows what we are walking through and HE knows how it's going to be used later down the line. What you said in bold... is just so right on. It's the hope in my heart for our passionate sister.
There is a reason.


peace friend,
sparrow

p.s. your name suits this post very well.
Bright Hope
for Tomorrow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 01:37 AM
 
Location: Italy
6,387 posts, read 5,286,583 times
Reputation: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Blinded by the veil of the Old Testament ... This is the leaven of the pharisees and the sin of the scribes ... Its all a part of the eye for an eye traditions of the law of sin and death which Christ changed, as it is written ...


Hbr 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.


Through Christ there came a change from the law of sin and death to the law of liberty ... You are still under the condemnation of the law of sin and therefore you live with condemnation of the world in your heart.

If you truly lived with love in your heart for all people including your enemies, then you wouldn't have a moment of peace in this life if you also believed most of them were going to be eternally punished. That is a fact ... You wouldn't be able to sleep at night until you cried yourself to exhaustion. Life would be torture and not peace as the true good news of the restitution of all things brings to the heart of those that in fact have love for all people in their hearts ...

Yes in the old testament we are told that God hates sinners, but If Christ is God, and i believe he is, then when he told us to love our enemies and when he made it known that we are all sinners and guilty under the law he is also saying that he love us sinners and he loved us while we were yet his enemies. You have to see that the veil of the old testament is done away with in Christ as the scriptures testify ...
Hi Ironmaw1776!
Your post was really great! In fact, it provoked me to looking up just how many times the word "hate" is found in the NT. In the KJV, 38 times.
When is it used? It appears in reference to what we are to do towards those who "hate" us, which is to LOVE. Or the fact that the world "hates" Jesus and believers, etc.
It's too important IMO to not list the usages of the word "hate" in the NT here below:

1) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
2) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
3) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
4) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
5) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
6) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
7) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
8) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
9) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
10) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
11) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
12) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
13) But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
14) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
15) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
16) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
17) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
18) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
21) If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
22) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
23) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
24) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
25) For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
26) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
27) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
28) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
29) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
30) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
31) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
32) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
33) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
34) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
35) But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
36) So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
37) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
38) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.


So there it is. No scripture in the NT which tells us that God hates sinners.
More lies from the ET pulpit...

ETers hate other people, that's why their god does, too.

Blessings,
brian

ps. this is so important, that I'm going to make a new thread out of it, dedicated to you, Ironmaw1776!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 01:46 AM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,489,911 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Ironmaw1776!
Your post was really great! In fact, it provoked me to looking up just how many times the word "hate" is found in the NT. In the KJV, 38 times.
When is it used? It appears in reference to what we are to do towards those who "hate" us, which is to LOVE. Or the fact that the world "hates" Jesus and believers, etc.
It's too important IMO to not list the usages of the word "hate" in the NT here below:

1) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
2) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
3) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
4) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
5) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
6) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
7) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
8) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
9) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
10) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
11) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
12) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
13) But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
14) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
15) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
16) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
17) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
18) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
21) If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
22) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
23) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
24) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
25) For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
26) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
27) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
28) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
29) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
30) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
31) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
32) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
33) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
34) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
35) But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
36) So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
37) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
38) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.


So there it is. No scripture in the NT which tells us that God hates sinners.
More lies from the ET pulpit...

ETers hate other people, that's why their god does, too.

Blessings,
brian

ps. this is so important, that I'm going to make a new thread out of it, dedicated to you, Ironmaw1776!!

Sweet mother of pearl! Nice, ahigherway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 AM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,400,347 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi Ironmaw1776!
Your post was really great! In fact, it provoked me to looking up just how many times the word "hate" is found in the NT. In the KJV, 38 times.
When is it used? It appears in reference to what we are to do towards those who "hate" us, which is to LOVE. Or the fact that the world "hates" Jesus and believers, etc.
It's too important IMO to not list the usages of the word "hate" in the NT here below:

1) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
2) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
3) No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
4) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
5) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
6) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
7) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
8) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
9) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
10) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
11) If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
12) No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
13) But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
14) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
15) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
16) The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
17) He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
18) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20) He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
21) If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
22) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
23) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
24) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
25) For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
26) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
27) For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
28) For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
29) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
30) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
31) But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
32) Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
33) Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
34) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
35) But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
36) So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.
37) And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the *****, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
38) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.


So there it is. No scripture in the NT which tells us that God hates sinners.
More lies from the ET pulpit...

ETers hate other people, that's why their god does, too.

Blessings,
brian

ps. this is so important, that I'm going to make a new thread out of it, dedicated to you, Ironmaw1776!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 08:41 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,770,732 times
Reputation: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
May God Bless you on your journey Bright Hope for Tomorrow.
Thanks, Verna, and the same to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top