U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 04:28 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,438,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
What does scripture continually identify as the enemy of God?

The carnal nature of man.

What was crucified - first as the first fruits in Christ - and then experientially in us?

The carnal nature.

What is the purpose of God's fire?

Rinse and repeat.

Fire in the Bible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
That is simply the most horredous view of God there is.

Rejoice in eternal torment of mankind.

Eek gad

after all judgment is pasted ,those without the gates, the sinners, still have a right to the tree of life and can enter within the gates and drink of the water of life freely.

But, but , but they can only do this when they learn to keep His commandments.

So say the scriptures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

Also by saying this you are saying Jesus is going to rejoice for His LOSS, and you are going to be rejoice for Jesus' LOSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

Wow, I stand corrected. Didn't think anyone would actually say they will rejoice in other's suffering. Wow again.
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 04:39 PM

32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
This would never enter the thoughts of those whose faith is in His grace.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:00 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,438,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is a complete denial of the scripture.
You have no scriptural grounds for those words.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:11 PM

32,285 posts, read 21,136,395 times
Quote:
That is a complete denial of the scripture.
You have no scriptural grounds for those words.
My denial is your interpretation of it.

So when Jesus said "Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing" He didn't real mean it as they nailed Him to the Cross ?.

I bear no malice or vengeance in my heart towards any who may have wronged me , why ? because of the Spirit of God with in me.

I can think of 2 times in my life when i had ill thoughts towards those who wronged me , one of them very seriously , on both occasions God dealt with me pretty quickly , whereby i no longer had anything in my hearttowards them but a good attitude.

If this is unscriptual then Amen

Old 07-16-2010, 06:18 PM

40,143 posts, read 26,779,715 times
Quote:
There is no sign of Jesus in such an attitude . . . and any who hold such an attitude are an anathema to God. Refinement will be needed big time.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:23 AM

6,913 posts, read 4,238,069 times
Quote:
That scripture says NOTHING of people REJOICING that other people are being tormented.

If people rejoice about others torment, what they are in fact rejoicing about is Jesus failure to save to the uttermost.

What an eternal torment that would be to Jesus, to have people for all eternity rejoicing about His failure.

Think about it

Old 07-17-2010, 08:54 AM

21,930 posts, read 16,727,596 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To the contrary. Those who are saying this are those tribulational saints who have been martyred and are in heaven.

Revelation 6:9 And when He broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; [10] and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, ''How long ,O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?'' [11] And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a litle while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, should be completed also.

God's judgment will be upon the earth during the Tribulation. And the wrath of God will be poured out on an unbelieving world. And at the end of the Tribulation when Christ has returned to the earth, He will cast into the eternal fire, those unbelievers who have survived to the end of the Tribulation. Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, ''Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; [46] ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.''

Old 07-17-2010, 10:07 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,560,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

GOD HATES WORKER'S OF INIQUITY! GET IT...?! HE HATES THEM!

IF YES...YOU ARE A WORKER OF INIQUITY! YOU HAVE NOT BEEN BORN AGAIN! AND HE HATES YOU! HE DOES NOT ABIDE IN YOU! NOR DOES HE KNOW YOU!

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,

Fundamentalist conservative Christianity at it's finest.How utterly sad.

The juxtaposition between these quotes is simply amazing.God HATES YOU...said,of course,in complete "Christian" love. *sigh*

You know,I really think I have had enough of reading the thoughts of these few "loving" Christians around here.I really tire of seeing what was originally a message of love twisted into such as message of hate.After being out of town for a couple of days I really debated coming back in here to read these types of messages from these "loving" Christians.After 5 minutes back I now know I don't care to.The thought that there are actually people out there that think God behaves this way is depressing.That they identify themselves under the same general term as those who understand the message of God's love is appalling.Fred Phelps doesn't appear to be as much of a fringe element as I once thought (and hoped).

Last edited by lifertexan; 07-17-2010 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-17-2010, 08:12 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,577,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
Fundamentalist conservative Christianity at it's finest.How utterly sad.

The juxtaposition between these quotes is simply amazing.God HATES YOU...said,of course,in complete "Christian" love. *sigh*

You know,I really think I have had enough of reading the thoughts of these few "loving" Christians around here.I really tire of seeing what was originally a message of love twisted into such as message of hate.After being out of town for a couple of days I really debated coming back in here to read these types of messages from these "loving" Christians.After 5 minutes back I now know I don't care to.The thought that there are actually people out there that think God behaves this way is depressing.That they identify themselves under the same general term as those who understand the message of God's love is appalling.Fred Phelps doesn't appear to be as much of a fringe element as I once thought (and hoped).
Heart breaking indeed...

Old 07-17-2010, 08:54 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,772,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And at the end of the Tribulation when Christ has returned to the earth, He will cast into the eternal fire, those unbelievers who have survived to the end of the Tribulation. Matthew 25:41 ''Then He will also say to those on His left, ''Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; [46] ''And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.''
Can you point out anything in the passage in Matthew 25 that talks about believers or unbelievers? I have copied and pasted the entire parable for your convenience. Feel free to copy it and underline or highlight anything in the chapter than mentions believing.

Matthew 25
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'
44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'
45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'
46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or